Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yay!

edited November 2007 in General Discussion
:D My mom decided today that we are going to start on another breed.<br><br>We have right now 12 dogs :) <br><br>11 of which are Bernese Mountain Dogs. <br><br>We've decided we are going to sell the female we bought (the only one of<br>our dogs that isnt from our lines) and get 2 new puppies of some sort of<br>breed. <br><br>We are very experienced with both Working and Sporting breeds. So we<br>are going to get a breed from one of those groups.<br><br>Here's what we are looking into:<br><br>Newfoundlands<br>Samoyeds<br>Saint Bernards<br>Irish Setters<br>Weimaraners<br>Flat Coated Retrievers<br><br>I think we are narrowing it down to Newfs and Weimaraners. <br><br>So...I'll update later :D

Comments

• That's cool... and A LOT of dogs! <br><br>I love those crazy Weims!
  • I vote for Newfs!!<br><br>My aunt and uncle had a pair (Nick and Nicky) and Nicky is the sweetest thing alive! I had one of their puppies, but she was hit by a car :cry: <br>I don't know about Nick because I never knew him, but I heard he was a gentle giant.<br><br>GO NEWFS!!
    dwxq2x.png
  • Weimeriners are Very Sweet. I know one that has lived 5 years over his expectence, and is still going. Weimers All the Way
    Froggy.png
  • Yes we have alot of dogs :lol: <br><br>Though its not that abnormal xD we breed and show them so yeah..<br><br>I have 4 aunts<br><br>1 breeds Irish Setters, English Setters, Springer Spaniels and Basenjis<br><br>1 shows Nefoundlands (has 2 has not yet bred them)<br><br>and the other 2 don't do anything with dogs xD
  • I would do Newfs over Weimeraners ^.^ I love big 'lug' dogs :lol: :D
    All good things must come to an end. All endings will begin new good things.
    mini_nickel_vere_roan_quin_by_evlonarts_d6ih13_by_jaded_night-d775ero.png
  • heh notice my mom didn't pick any dogs smaller then a Weim xD<br><br>she hates little yappy dogs...and im right up there with her. <br><br>Thank god for debarks :P
  • Although, let me warn you, they drool!
    dwxq2x.png
  • Not all little dogs are yappy. Cavaliers for instance are very mellow & quiet :P They're the only 'little' dog I really like, lol.
  • XD yeah we're used to drooling<br><br>Our Berners do it alot O.O<br><br>And Blaze and Bear(aunties newfs)<br> come over for visits and sleepovers all the time :D
  • Quietus wrote:
    Although, let me warn you, they drool!
    <br><br>Hah, you wouldnt think a Springer drools, but let me tell you, Tucker will shake his head, and drool flies everywhere, hes hardly any better than a newfie >.<
  • LMAO! I've had Springer drool on me before :D
  • Heh, yeah, but hes an excellent dog, so a little dried up drool on my pants doesnt hurt anything :lol: <br><br>Drool doesnt bother me, but my moms always like, "Thats going to make me puke" and makes me wipe his lips off :D
  • I don't mind it much..<br>Just when there's a lot o.0 Ick..
    dwxq2x.png
  • edited November 2007 67.53.7.131
    bertons XD i am kidding uuh<br><br><br>Newfie!
    ccf3ec1cafcdf67c83857705ffcc4d77-d5ztjco.gif
  • Newfies lol. A friend of the family has the biggest newfie in the "Newfie club" And it is ginormous. So good luck with that lighty. And News have the biggest hearts around lol.
    topleaf-1.pngleafyegg.gif<-Lenny *hugs lolo*
  • I personally like newfies more. I definably want to get one at some point. I think that they'd fit into my lifestyle.
    2mhssbd.png
  • I personally LOVE flat-coats. They're amazing. I've never owned one, but my friend has one. They love to swim, like newfies.
    2008_02Anim1Cobalt1.gif
  • Size definatley wont be a problem. :) Berners are almost as big as Newfs<br>and 11 of them put together is like :shock: <br><br>:D an elephant! xD<br><br>So yeah...we have 3 1/2 acres of land as well complete with our own little<br>lake, a dock and plenty of non fenced area for them to run :D<br><br>The good thing is Berners are very smart. All of our are obedience trained<br>and all of the champions have gotten their CGC titles. So, they don't <br>even think about leaving ^.^