Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Account linking and other popular topics of mine...

2»

Comments

• edited September 2005 65.100.180.42
    i don't like the idea of novice accounts expiring. i mean, some people can't afford to have a sponser account but really enjoy the game. and the sponsering novices idea is unfair to people who don't want to have to suck up to a sponser. that rule basicly says: "if you're not freinds with a sponser, you can't play the game" i know that sponsers should have more power than novices because they pay, but those rules give the sponsers ALL of the power! with those rules, if you can't afford to be a sponser, then there's no point in playing the game!<br>and about the slot idea, i don't think you should do that! once again, it's unfair to the people who can't afford to be a sponser. and if you can't get on whenever you want, then what's the point? during the after school/work hours, there will never be a slot open! i think that the vhr thing should be gotten rid of too! if there were limits to how much you could be on or when you could be on, then that just defeats the purpose of it being an omline game! with online games, you can get on whenever you want and be on as much as you want! that's the great thing about it!<br>and have you noticed that the people who like this idea are all sponsers or soon will be?
  • edited September 2005 65.100.180.42
    same, sorry. if you know how to delete these two, (not my first one!) please tell me
  • Crazyhorse? Hon, you can edit your messages to add in new content. Please do that. It makes it easier to read the thread, when you don't have to keep scrolling up and down because someone keeps adding new things in one message instead of many.
    Friendly until crossed. Consider yourself warned.
    Doberman Pinschers [Sponsor Training]
    VPNHC.gif
  • crazyhorse wrote:
    same, sorry. if you know how to delete these two, (not my first one!) please tell me
    <br><br>You can't, unfortunately, only Mod's/Op's can delete posts.
    Friendly until crossed. Consider yourself warned.
    Doberman Pinschers [Sponsor Training]
    VPNHC.gif
  • Something was mentioned before about 'levels" to a Novice account.<br><br>This wouldn't be much different then the divide between Sponsor and Novice already. But it -may- give Novices a chance to 'prove' themselves at being serious about playing the game.<br><br>The only issue with that, as I see it, is finding a set of limits that would automatically 'upgrade' the Novice kennel from one level to the next. It would also include a vast amount of coding on Nef's part.<br><br>If say there were a 'turn limit' then most novices could just turn their kennel, empty or not, until its been aged to the appropriate stage.<br><br>If say there were an aged-kennel & dog training limit set to 'upgrade' a kennel to the next novice level, then someone could buy a high-statted dog and then just age their kennel to the needed age.<br><br>There are ways to cheat, no matter what limits one puts on a kennel.<br><br>Though I DO like the idea of Novice "leveling" as a sort of proving grounds fr those who really want to play the game with a level of seriousness. Its would just be difficult to create and maintain.<br><br>The only thing I don't like about delteing Novice kennels that are still set to day 1.., is that my holding kennel is just that. A Holding kennel. Its more effiecient to train a smaller group of dogs, while keeping puppies or special "breeder dogs " in a holding kennel. I screwed up when I made it orignally, and figured it would be more worth it to just keep it as is then bother the mods and Ops with somethign so trivial as changing the name to the kennel.<br><br>Thus I have a ton of dogs there that I REALY don't want to loose.., just because the kennel itself is still set to 1 day.<br><br>:(
    banner.jpg
  • As far as with the account linking i think it is a great idea i wish there was a way to link our messages together because i hate logging off and on to different accounts to see if i have any messages. I also wish there was something that popped up and said something like "you have a new messages or something" but thats just me i think it would make things a little easier.<br>Also if there could be a time/date stamp on the messages that we recieve because sometimes i will be at one kennel for a hour or so and then when i go to my other account there will be a message and i am not sure how long its been there. Just a suggestion?
  • I love all the ideas except the locking out unpaying players. *that would include sponsor linked novice accounts wouldn't it?*<br><br>Anyways I dont really like the locking out of unpaying players, I dont really have a 'reason' tho.........<br><br><br>And on Mage's point from the pervious page, I think if one sponsor account can 'sponsor' 2-3 novices, if a person can afford more than one sponsor account, they should be able to 'sponsor' as many novices as their accounts allow..............<br><br>Because using teh IP thing wouldnt really work cos i have two sponsor accounts and my sister has 1 but we use the same computer............
  • The spnosors novice accounts wouldn't be locked because when I proposed linking kennels, this is how I suggested it should go: There would 9 slots where you enter in your kennel numbers and password, the number so it knows which kennel to link and the password to prove you're the owner. If you didn't know the password then it would deem the account to not be yours and you would be locked out.<br><br>For sponsors who would "sponsor novices", it would be almost the same, except the sponsor would obviously not know the novices password. The novices linked in the "sponsored novices" section would get locked out if she decided to do the certain amount of players online at a time thing, but the sponsors own novice accounts wouldn't.<br><br>The 9 slots would be for the sponsors own personal kennels, and there would be a few extra bleow it without the space to enter passwords for the novice. If a sponsor tried to go over the amount of novice they could sponsor, it delete the link if they didn't know the password.
  • All in all, I'm in favor of the ideas presented, with the exception that I'd want there to be a player-limit on sponsoring novices in the same way as there's a player-limit on entering dogs in shows. I think a lot of groups would start up to help novices using this tool, and that would be awesome. I don't agree that novice players would have to "suck up" to sponsors to get this going, but that may just be my own personal revilement of being sucked up to :P I'm uncertain about the novice time-out thing, but I think the mentoring option would be a big boost if it was ever implemented. Another thing I'd like to see, I don't remember where I saw this, but I know I've seen it on other games, is shorter increments of time available to purchase sponsor accounts. If $20 buys you 12 months, why can't $5 buy you 3? I know the fate of the novice accounts on an expired 3-month sponsor would be an issue, but it's the same as an expired 12-month sponsor in that respect, and I think that after 3 months of living with the perks most people would find a way to get another $5 for the next three months (remember kids, it takes 6 weeks to make a habit, and 6 months to break one!). So yeah, all in all I like it.
    mf.png
    I am always willing to train for gift-colored Pit Bulls. Running 28 shows a day and counting ^_^
  • I like all of them except deletion of novice accounts or being locked out after a certain period of time. I am a novice, but not because I don't have the money to be a sponsor. It is because my parents won't allow me to spend money online... For any reason. Possibly if an account hasn't been used for a year or so, yes. But for people like me who work at my dogs, this is not good.<br><br>-AP
    fpbc4i.jpg
    Proud to be specializing in Alaskan Klee Kai, Arctic and Timber Wolves:
    Destiny Kennel
  • I agree, and not just because I'm a novice. But isn't that why there's the 'sponsering' thing for sponsers to help novices?
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift... That's why it's called 'The Present"
    Kennel:
    http://www.virtualpups.com/viewkennel.php?kennel=13738
  • XD I'm about to bring up an old thread but I just noticed something:<br><br>
    Drakenhart wrote:
    If say there were a 'turn limit' then most novices could just turn their kennel, empty or not, until its been aged to the appropriate stage.
    <br><br>I tried one day for some reason, but you can't take a turn if you don't have dogs ^_^ Also if some novices did happen to try and be sneaky and turn dogs to death just to reach that level, all a sponsor would have to do is check out their kennel and determine whether or not they take care of their dogs, or just wanna be sponsored.<br><br>I love the ideas that everyone's been adding and I'm finally getting up the courage to show Nef if someone hasn't beaten me to the punch already, I just wanna thank everyone who contributed and wanna keep the ideas comin.