Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rescues

edited February 2007 in Game Suggestions
Currently rescues are allowed to vet dogs, which as of yet, I don't see any point because well there doesn't seem to be any canine illnesses in VP.<br><br>So how about changing that skill to releasing the names on dogs, because a lot of the names are either demeaning and/or insulting <br><br>I released the insulting ones but<br><a href="http://www.virtualpups.com/index.php?r=dog/view&id=124222"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">http://www.virtualpups.com/index.php?r=dog/view&id=124222</a><br><br>isn't quite a nice dog's name :?<br><br>I know if you ask nicely, game ops do that for you, but if every rescue was to ask for their dogs' to have their names released/emptied than the game ops will simply be overloaded with work and have no time for more important things
BREEDS: Anatolians, Alapaha BBBs, Royal Wolf, Mioritics, Hell Hounds, Chinooks, Hookaido Inus PB: Kyuubi no Kitsune

Comments

• That's a great idea! I have a rescue and you have no <span style="font-style:italic">idea</span> how many offensive and inappropriate names I come across...
    2dbtohy.png
  • Great Im a sponsor rescue and I come aginst some really insulting names.
    53a71ip.gif
  • I think diseases are going to be added soon.. The vet skill would come in handy then.
    6on02p.jpg20svx47.png
  • I think diseases would be bittersweet since now the Rescue Kennels can actually make a bit of money and put that up for services. But then again your dog is sick and if you can't afford it . . . I bet it would end up being a freeish service anyway. :lol:
    2hmm053.gif might be back.
  • why are you two posting when this is nothing about illnesses??? <br><br>If nef adds it or not, it being illnesses the great, this is a post about the ability to empty name slots for rescues
    BREEDS: Anatolians, Alapaha BBBs, Royal Wolf, Mioritics, Hell Hounds, Chinooks, Hookaido Inus PB: Kyuubi no Kitsune
  • Illnesses would be cool. But your idea is good :D
    2dbtohy.png
  • I agree completely, I also have a sponsor rescue and I can't even remember how many insulting names I've seen on rescued dogs. x.x
    Bye.
  • This might be the bestest idea I've heard in a long time. :D
    2dbtohy.png
  • i dont think it is a good idea #1 Thats the ops job to take care of #2 They will probably just re-name them
  • 3521 wrote:
    i dont think it is a good idea #1 Thats the ops job to take care of #2 They will probably just re-name them
    <br><br>You obviously didn't read the beginning... If every rescue was to ask this, then the ops won't have time for anything else. I just began re-running my rescue, in THREE days, I came up with 130 dogs... You think ANY game op is going to rename every dog???????<br><br>And ops don't rename them, they erase the names period...<br><br><br><br>If a person renames the dog unapporiately after its adopted, well it's not the rescues' duty to find that out, it'd be the game ops duty.<br><br><br><br>Similarly, people like adopting dogs unnamed so that then, they can name the dogs themselves... It's just common sense :?
  • Hmm.<br><br>I agree on the insulting names side.<br><br>BUT<br><br>If you were looking for a dog of yours that had been rescued as, for soime reason, you had been unable to log into a certain kennel, or if you were looking for a friend's dog [possible scenarios] after they quit, this could make things difficult.<br><br>If people adopt the dogs, and find they have demeaning, rude or misspelt names, politely asking an OP to "dename" the dog is usually accepted.
    2007_02SHN1Badges1Master1.png
    Arctic.jpg
  • for a kennel to be rescued from, it has to be inactive for 5 months or even more... I don't think you're going to be interested in the same dogs as 5 months ago.<br><br><br>As for friends' dogs, then well, the same applies... if it takes you 5 months to consider purchasing your friends' dogs than well... you should have considered it beforehand.<br><br><br>Do you have any idea how hard it is to get rid of dogs' which are named, and I'm not talking about rescued animals... to get rid of a trained dog who is named is tough, to get rid of a rescued named animal is even tougher because it doesn't have the incentive of good stats and/or full training.
  • I guess =]]<br><br>i was trying to think of scenarios.<br><br>I know I do not take into account a dogs name when rescuing, but I appreciate that some people do. <br><br>However, as I said, if the name is inappropriate, demeaning or misspelt, Ops will often change it for you.<br><br>Well.<br><br>You've got good points.<br><br>So I shall leave it that in theory, I like most of the idea, but I also dislike it for various reasons.<br><br>Lets jsut say I tend to trust my instinct =]]
    2007_02SHN1Badges1Master1.png
    Arctic.jpg
  • I dont like it to well. <br>I put SNK* in front of each of my dogs names and if someone was to buy a dog and leave for 5 months and then someone rescued and decided they liked the dog but wanted their symbol in front of it they would just have to change the name to whatever they wanted.
    minelr8.png
    2s19o45.gif
    I'll miss you Sernie<3
  • Labby* wrote:
    I dont like it to well. <br>I put SNK* in front of each of my dogs names and if someone was to buy a dog and leave for 5 months and then someone rescued and decided they liked the dog but wanted their symbol in front of it they would just have to change the name to whatever they wanted.
    <br><br>If you breed the animals at your sponser kennel it will have your brand anyways<br><br>Like this <br><a href="http://www.virtualpups.com/index.php?r=dog/view&id=785367"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">http://www.virtualpups.com/index.php?r=dog/view&id=785367</a>;
  • Yes I know that but in order to get really gfood stats you breed at a breeding kennel and I dont have one anymore so until then they dont have my brand
    minelr8.png
    2s19o45.gif
    I'll miss you Sernie<3
  • I like the idea. I don't know how many dogs I've gotten that have had VERY inappropriate names... VERY! I've had to message the ops and stuff.<br><br>Just a dog recently I got was named Dang dog... No one wants to adopt a dog with that name.. or what about the dogs with the extra long names with ***** and ~~~ and stuff on the name. <br>Personally, I don't like to adopt those dogs. And as someone, I believe said before, I name all my dogs with "Sugarbread's" in front of their name. I prefer to buy unnamed dogs. <br><br>I am totally for this idea.<br><br>*edit*<br><br>But like Labby* said... I wouldn't want people to put their symbol in front of MY dog's name.... I'd say that was the only downfall to this idea.
  • yeah I guess the brand name would be a downfall... I mean, I use Draco Uth for mine.<br><br><br>I can't really think of a way of changing it though, it'd either be the entire name changed and/or not at all unfortunately.
  • But, many of the people who own rescues are most likely are experienced VP users. And i know that this is a bit stupid, but im thinking. If we are only changing names that are inappropriate I don't think that many of the owners will have to worry, if the names are good for breeding or are..hmm.. how do you say it.... interesting? and the rescuers would only change the names like S#XY~~ not like... OgO Following Dreams.
    Please PM me if something happens
    2008_04Anim1OkanaganGurl1.gif
    oka.gif
  • I understand... but what if I bred an 8x4 Pit Bull and I sold it to a player... The dog's name was Sugarbread's Tampa or something like that. It ended up in a rescue and the rescue changed it's name and kept it. Then they named it with their kennel brand. yeah, I know it would still have my dogs as parents and my shield think up at the top, but still.. you get my drift..
  • Arctic wrote:
    Hmm.<br>If people adopt the dogs, and find they have demeaning, rude or misspelt names, politely asking an OP to "dename" the dog is usually accepted.
    <br>If ops had to rename rescues, that would be all they had time for. It would be sooooooooo much easier if rescues could do it themselves.
    2dbtohy.png