Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dyes

edited August 2006 in Game Suggestions
I know others have brought this up before, but wouldn't it be nice if we had generic-colored dyes that sponsors could craft? (Like on VHR.) I know I would ADORE this feature, as it would mean that I could control the populations of my custom-colored dogs better.<br><br>For example, my first ever custom color, Black Amber Fire. I got it on a foundy Arctic Wolf waaaaay back when (before stats could go to 200+). For the time, that wolf had been fully trained on a sponsor training kennel (to 100 in stats). And that's how all the pups of that color I own are. 280/100. I fear that trying to max them to 200 would age them past breeding age, and that wouldn't be good as I want to put the color on higher statted pups. But I don't want to breed them anymore, as there are already more than I want on the game, but all are too old to release. But if we had those generic dyes...<br><br>Just me dreaming again. :lol:

Comments

• <span style="font-weight:bold"><span style="font-size:75"><span style="color:darkred">XP What's a generic-colored dye? You didn't really explain that part o.o</span></span></span>
    VT.gif
    mcyumc.png
    15dqiqp.png
  • I'd like this too. I know that if I do my line breeding(as in in a line, not the inbreeding linebreed, I define it different) If a pup that has the best stats is a gift clor, I'm forced to keep it in order to have better pups next gen.<br><br>She means having import color dyes (black, white, black&white, fawn, Salt&pepper, brindle)
    MiniAussiebanner-1.jpg
  • Miroku wrote:
    If a pup that has the best stats is a gift clor, I'm forced to keep it in order to have better pups next gen.
    <br><br><span style="font-weight:bold"><span style="font-size:75"><span style="color:darkred">Why don't you just breed again?</span></span></span><br><br>
    Miroku wrote:
    She means having import color dyes (black, white, black&white, fawn, Salt&pepper, brindle)
    <br><br><span style="font-weight:bold"><span style="font-size:75"><span style="color:darkred">As in, being able to dye a dog any of those sort of colors because you don't want the color in your lines?<br><br>It's just like what I said before, just breed again ...</span></span></span>
    VT.gif
    mcyumc.png
    15dqiqp.png
  • I'm on the fence with this, always have been. I consider it a challenge to breed high statted regular colored dogs but I've had times it hasn't happened, the best were always the gift colors. <br><br>Anyway, AhiFlame. I've managed to remax most of my 04 gifties, I just don't worry about aggro max. :D If that won't do it take the highest statted wolf you can find to breed to one of the lower statted ones, it'll give you higher statted pups. :wink:
    crban2.gif
  • <span style="font-weight:bold"><span style="font-size:75"><span style="color:darkred">o.O<br>I've never had problems breeding my gifties and getting normal colored high statted pups XP</span></span></span><br><br>.
    VT.gif
    mcyumc.png
    15dqiqp.png
  • Breed dogs for two years and you'll notice a pattern, some colors naturally have lower stats, like the several of the 'rare' colors on arctic wolves, 'nearly' always have overall lower stats then those that on normal import colors. Sometimes you get a breeding that the stats seem to 'stick' to a certain color. I don't like having more than 5 of my gift colors so breeding them in to my lines can become a problem when the stat you need is highest on every colored pup in the litter(s). And yes, that's with rebreeding the pair again
    crban2.gif
  • argh..no..<br><br>No. No. No!<br><br>It would make the whole breeding for a certain color part of the game worthless. I hate those generic dyed horses on VHR, and I really don't want to see it come here. <br><br>Right now it's part of the challenge to breed a color you want/high starred. If you do generic dyes then anyone can just buy one and color their dog whatever they want, and regular colors will be worthless.
    newwosban1.jpgvpvet.gif
  • both sides do have a point. squall is partially right, it would make normal colors worthless if you could just buy the colors you wanted, like on vhr. <br>Ahi's got a point to though. "muses" one good thing about the dyes though might be this. you have all of those people out there, breeding JUST for color. if they could just buy the color they wanted, well, maybe they would concentrate more on stats and good lines. :? i never really got the point of buying the colors(on vhr) anyway. gifties are one thing, but why bother with normal colors? anyways, just my opinion on things.
    The banners or pictures in this signature exceeded size limits and were removed ~ Staff
  • Well like for me..it's a challenge to get colors I like in breeds (Black or Silver and Darker wolves for instance). Plus there's unique breed colors, if you put out generic dyes then all breeds are the same.<br><br>The people breeding for color are breeding for the rare breed colors thinking they're worth more..it doesn't make sense to allow dyes that give you rare breed colors, then what's the point?
    newwosban1.jpgvpvet.gif
  • hmmm, i really cant think of any rare colors, except in the newer breeds, but yeah, i guess there wouldnt really be a point to "rare" colors if we could just dye them.
    The banners or pictures in this signature exceeded size limits and were removed ~ Staff
  • I see what some are saying, but I'm not talking about generic colors being breed-specific "rare" colors. I'm talking the most basic. Black. White. Salt&Pepper. Gray. Tri-colored. Fawn. Breed specific colors should not come as generic dye options because, as some have mentioned, those add to the challenge.<br><br>Also, I'm not sure if I was clear, but these generic dyes would be nice not only for stat-based reasons, but general color control. Example: (going back to my Black Amber Fire color..) I have about 4 wolves with this color, all 280/100 trained so they're past the age to release. Even if I were to neuter and retire them, they'd still be counted in the population of the color in the game, thereby making it less rare. However, if I had generic dyes, I could color them something else and lessen the population of my color. I dunno, that's just where I'm coming from on this, and I wouldn't be surprised if others were in the same situation! :D
  • I still don't see the need..if you want your color rare stop breeding it...if you put dyes in then people can breed the heck out of their color, get the dogs back, dye them all and pretend they were responsible to begin with when they weren't, in order to scam people into giving them stuff. <br><br>And I still see it as a challenge to get the 'normal' colors I want in breeding, since I happen to be rather fond of black and fawn..and it cheapens the game to be able to 'dye' your dog a natural color. <br><br>If someone posts wanting a 'black' wolf for instance anyone could just run out and buy a 'black' dye and have a billion for sale just because someone wanted it, instead of the breeder who actually had a real black wolf being able to sell theirs.
    newwosban1.jpgvpvet.gif
  • True. However, if you are a breeder that doesn't resort to dyes, you can be prideful of that. :P<br><br>Yes, I realize that discontinuing breeding is a good way to stop the increase of population in color, but the thing is - it's not a way to <span style="font-style:italic">decrease</span> the population. *shrug*<br><br>Although, I'm not sure how you're saying these generic dyes could lead to scamming...if you mean about having people place high bids on colored dogs, dye the dogs, then sell them before the bidder catches it...I think there's coding on VHR that prevents dyeing a critter when there's a bid on it...if I'm wrong on that, someone please correct me. :)
  • No I'm saying like someone sells 5 of their dyed (goodie) dogs, and the color gets out of hand. Say they manage to get MOST of them back to control the color again..and dye the pups all normal colors. <br><br>They can then say there's only 2-3 of the color again and use it to 'prove' they're trustworthy when all they did was breed out the color, make all the money, get them back, and redye them so it just looks like the color is rare. <br><br>It just feels like an easy out to me. If you bred your color more than you wished you did, that's unfortunate, but there's no magic 'fix' for it like there would be if normal dyes were added. <br><br>If they WERE added I'd want the color to say something like black (dyed) so you'd know which were truely black and which were dyed black, and also the 'dyed' normal color shouldn't pass on to the pups as if it were the real dog's color..<br><br>Just my thoughts :wink:
    newwosban1.jpgvpvet.gif
  • Squall wrote:
    If they WERE added I'd want the color to say something like black (dyed) so you'd know which were truely black and which were dyed black, and also the 'dyed' normal color shouldn't pass on to the pups as if it were the real dog's color..
    <br><br><span style="font-weight:bold"><span style="font-size:75"><span style="color:darkred">I'd like that because that way you could tell who is "trustworthy" with their dyes. If someone's bred a color out of hand and tried to contain it, you could tell.</span></span></span>
    VT.gif
    mcyumc.png
    15dqiqp.png
  • i like the idea, the you could tell if its been dyed. it would make things more interesting anyways
  • Squall wrote:
    If they WERE added I'd want the color to say something like black (dyed) so you'd know which were truely black and which were dyed black, and also the 'dyed' normal color shouldn't pass on to the pups as if it were the real dog's color..
    <br>I think I agree with - and like it better - than my less detailed thoughts. ;) Also, then we could all agree on this! XP