Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Designer Dogs?

edited May 2006 in Game Suggestions
Okay i Know this has been here b4 but i just thought of soemthing new. okay i know that alot of people are against theses dogs and i know they would be hard to keep consistent. however i know that some breeders do like to experiment with colors and other things. my suggestion is this, if we have designer dogs only give them to sponcered players. like imports give them a limited amount of them like maby ten. then sponcers could buy more with real money, like 5$ per Designer breeding. make all pups be born neutered like mutts would be and keep them off the imported list so people won't breed a ton of them and they won't be unwanted. let the sponcer name the new breed. like puggles or labradoodles. if another person tries to make the same cross, have the game automatically name them. stats could be done like this, like when breeding pure breeds, the pups stats are a combination of it's parents, make the new breed be the same way. i know that designer dogs are just fancy names for mutts but think of all the unwanted mutts out there, and yet we still have the cockapoo wich is a mutt and the wolf hybrid. (i also know alot of people don't like these dogs either but they are on vp ) i know this would be very dificult to do, but it's just an idea i have been toying with. im sorta just interested in feed back. sorry if i offended any one it was my intent ^-^

Comments

• PLEASE NO!<br>Designer dogs are just mutts with fancy names. We have mutts. wh ydo they need more than one name? in RL deigner dogs are jjust mutts, that often get abandoned.<br>as for the cockapoo, i guess beeds cant be removed, no matetr what.<br>Wolf Hybrid.. kinda exists as a breed in RL. you only get it from wolves/. huskies
    2007_02SHN1Badges1Master1.png
    Arctic.jpg
  • i know belive me i wouldn't be the one who would actually breed them i just think it's sad too see all the mutts abandoned, my other suggestion which i know might also be very unpopular is a No mutt policy meaning, make it so the game will no londer allow you to breed anything but pure breeds. the reason i think i would be okay with designer dogs is i hate to see any dog being unwanted and it might solve the mutt problem? (personally i probably wouldn't do it) just wanted to hear people opinions thanks for yours im really just interested ^-^ My origional suggestion was to only give them to sponcered breeders, who are honestly seriouse about breeding. in RL people try and breed new breeds, and sometimes try and get them recognized by akc or other breed standards. this is how most pure breeds started by crossing different wild dogs in different areas and getting the domestic house pet
  • Uhm... No. <br><br>Most dogs were crossed for more than money, though. Designer dogs today are bred by people who just want to get rich quick. "Pure" breeds were crossed and bred carefully from other breeds to get the desired height/temperament/speeed/strength/etc. based on what their specialty was (hunting, racing, etc.)
  • i Know it's just a suggestion.
  • PLEASE NO!<br>Designer dogs are just mutts with fancy names. We have mutts. wh ydo they need more than one name? in RL deigner dogs are jjust mutts, that often get abandoned.
    <br><br>They get abdndoned or put down after thier out of fashion, mind you.
    WLDI.png
    Mail me if I win anything!WLDI's Domain!: http://www.freewebs.com/wldi/index.htm
  • What I don't understand is why cockapoos (which are mutts with fancy names) are breeds and other mutts like Schnoodles are considered actual mutts and are born neutered. Cockapoos are mutts and if all the rest are considered mutts, these should too. Whats so special about them? After all, they are "designer breeds".
    Please, call me Rager or Rageypoo
    Click
    Rage.jpg
    rage.jpg
  • I agree with Rage. I dont think its quite fair that cockapoos & wolf hybrids are on VP and no other designer breeds are... either there should be NO fad "breeds" or they all should be allowed.<br><br>Personally, I dont want any of those mutts on VP and I think only dogs of the same breed should be allowed to mate ...but to each his own.