Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Of Breed Events

edited May 2005 in Game Suggestions
Since we can no longer give credit where credit is due in club events. And there are few of us that actually run a one breed club with events. I will swing the “Best of Breed” bat one more time and see what results from it.<br><br>If you go by the recent drama of breed only events, and look at the current events. You’ll see there is an interest in breed only events. Only thing is now, we have to prove to nef there is an interest in breed events. When I spoke to her about it a long time ago, she didn’t know if there would be any interest in breed only events. <br><br>I personally think that the events should have started with Best Of Breed events, once you gain so many points, you are eligible for Best of Class events, and once you reach so many points for that class, you end up going to Best of Show. .<br><br>If there is not enough interest in a certain breed to make best of breed events, there are two solutions for those people: Sponser with multiple accounts usually take requests for events. I know im not creative enough to make up 46 events all on my own. The second solution is to sponser up. Many people have said they are happy with their novice accounts, and have been able to train just fine, or have found a trainer. This will be one more thing to encourage them to sponser up. <br><br>So go ahead and post your comments here. It’s a simple yes or no poll.
"One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him." - Chinese Proverb

Comments

• I'll give my two cents, even though I haven't entered the showing field just yet. (Sponsor MO is on its way to Texas, whoot!)<br><br>I think it'd be interesting to have breed only events. It would certainly encourage investing in additional sponsors. I'm already thinking about getting a second one, and I haven't even gotten my first one yet. It would encourage a lot of the rare breed individuals to get a sponsor, since their breed would only be able to compete in all breed type events.<br><br>Ooh.. And Bara, just to classify the order of showing:<br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">Best of Class<br>Best of Breed<br>Best of Group<br>Best of Show</span>
    FNKBanner.jpg
    Shown are English Coonhounds, 'PR' Ryder's Outback Dusty and 'PR' Ryder's Outback Blue Grizzly.
  • I do like the idea of having Breed-Only events.. but not as the ONLY way for a dog to begin eventing. For those rare breeds, it's not only a matter of there being no one to CREATE events for them, but also for there being no one to compete against. I would support having breed-only events added as an OPTION when creating events, but otherwise leave the system how it currently is, to leave a wider range of event-style choices.
    spbannerforum.jpg
  • thats what i woudl like. sorry i was pressed for time writing that (had to go to work). I would like there to be the option of breed only events. And I would like these events to count towards their Win Place and Show points. Currently the only events that can be breed only is a club that only has one breed, but those do not give the dog any credit for thier hard work.
    "One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him." - Chinese Proverb
  • I am all for this idea as well. It is also another way of narrowing the competitive area down and having different areas to compete in which I am all for. If this were to happen, I would probably be more interested in breeds which currently I like but won't play because they just don't do that well in eventing against some of the other breeds of dogs.<br><br>Gidget
    Speak your mind even if your voice shakes