Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Maybe

edited March 2006 in Game Suggestions
I'm getting tired of players - novice and sponser alike - going around advertising other games, selling novice accounts, creating too many novice accounts... etc<br><br>Mostly, I think it's due to the fact that these players couldn't be bothered to reading the rules section of the game<br><br>So why not change some of the rules that are abused the most to the front/mainpage of the screen when one happens to log into their account... that way, people can't use the excuse when they get into trouble that <span style="color:red"><span style="font-weight:bold">"I didn't read the rules"</span></span>.<br><br>I mentioned this before, but want to remind people.<br><br>What about putting a block on novice computer ID numbers once they've created their one account... that way if they try to create another account they either can't and/or they can't log into this secondary account when they try to.
BREEDS: Anatolians, Alapaha BBBs, Royal Wolf, Mioritics, Hell Hounds, Chinooks, Hookaido Inus PB: Kyuubi no Kitsune

Comments

• good idea. but im not too sure aboyut the second part, i know there are a few novices who have created two accounts (not includiong myself btw), realised thay can't do that and stopped using one...:S so im not saure. but the first part, definatly
    2007_02SHN1Badges1Master1.png
    Arctic.jpg
  • if ever you see a novice try to sell an account you know that they are trying to profit off thier "i didn't know" errors.. I have to agree with Brundrake on this. maybe a little crash course on what novices can/can't do on vp is needed on the kennel page as a reminder
    imjsk2.png
  • yes, but i know what mad_about_animals is saying. i have done it and im no proud, if this happened would my real account be suspended ? i didnt mean to, adn i have not looked at that second account since i realised that i shouldnt.
  • good idea. but im not too sure aboyut the second part, i know there are a few novices who have created two accounts (not includiong myself btw), realised thay can't do that and stopped using one...:S so im not saure. but the first part, definatly
    <br><br>That's true... but there's a LOT more novices whom go around making more accounts for the money....<br><br>In the sense of the second piece, once one novice account is made you'd be stuck with it until the player upgrades to a sponser.
    BREEDS: Anatolians, Alapaha BBBs, Royal Wolf, Mioritics, Hell Hounds, Chinooks, Hookaido Inus PB: Kyuubi no Kitsune
  • meh<br><br>let the novices that make more accounts for money, sell them, ect. get what they deserved w/ their actions (punished) people learn from mistakes. :?
    gone for good because of something -.-
  • I believe DSL users get a diffrent ID every time they mae an acoount.
    WLDI.png
    Mail me if I win anything!WLDI's Domain!: http://www.freewebs.com/wldi/index.htm
  • This might be a good idea. That way people would see the rules about how many accounts etc. Plus the other rules such as the fact that hotlinking pictures from other sites is not allowed (because it's stealing bandwidth along with stealing the pictures). As well as the rule about not telling other players how they should play the game :).
    taras.jpgninatails.gif
    Tara.png
  • Yes, I totally agree with BrunDrake on this one as well. There may be a few novice players that say they "didn't read the rules" and/or they didn't know, but I have seen quite a few that are just using that as an excuse to make the other accounts for whatever reason they are doing it (money, etc) and it's getting really frustrating actually.<br>Especially when those same novices will OPENLY admit on the bulletin board and in private messages to other players that they do have more than one account and they DON'T CARE if they get caught because they will just make another one.<br>The ones I feel even more sympathetic to in this situation are the Ops because these people don't realize (or they just don't care) that what they are doing makes the Ops' job alot harder than it already is and harder than it has to be.<br>Maybe if there is something that can be done, like what BrunDrake is suggesting, it might actually make a difference. :?
    Dustee.jpg
    shenan_edited-2.jpg
  • anyone else?
  • Yeah, and the whole "didn't read the rules" works back at them. Why? You should if you want to enjoy the game etc. They'll hafta accept the punishments when they sit there using useless excuses. You might as well say "I was too lazy" :)
  • I think the official stance on stuff like this is "ignorance of the rules is not an acceptable excuse for breaking them".
    mf.png
    I am always willing to train for gift-colored Pit Bulls. Running 28 shows a day and counting ^_^