Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stock Photos

edited December 2013 in Questions/Support
I would like to get into making banners / dog pictures on this site, but I don't know of any good free stock photo sites. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you so much for your help! :)

Comments

• Hi. There are several places to get stock photos. These are the 4 I use.<br><br>On <span style="font-weight:bold">Flickr</span>, you can hit the search button without putting anything in the search bar. Now, a link should have appeared next to the search bar that says "Advanced Search". Click the link. Scroll down to where it says Creative Commons and check the box that says "Creative Commons licensed content only". Now, type in the keywords you want to search for and hit search and all the images that come up should be free to use as long as you give the photographers credit. Please note that not all images on flickr are stock images. Only the ones with Creative Commons licenses are allowed to be used for stock which is why you have to filter the results in an advance search like that.<br><br>Another good place to find stock photos is <span style="font-weight:bold">Deviantart</span>. On Deviantart, there should be a section that gives an option to search certain categories. Click on the category "Resources and Stock Images". Be sure to read the terms of use of the stock provider to make sure that they allow their stock to be used on other sites besides just Deviantart and to see how they want you to give them credit. Please note that not all images on Deviantart are stock. Only images on Resources and Stock Images" category are allowed to be used unless otherwise specified by the artist and sometimes even the stock images are only allowed to be used on Deviantart which is why you have to make sure they are allowed to be used on other sites first.<br><br>And last but not least, almost every image on <span style="font-weight:bold">Wikipedia</span> and its partner site <span style="font-weight:bold">Wikimedia Commons</span> are either in the public domain(meaning you are free to use them for anything without giving credit to the photographer,although I'm sure credit would be much appreciated as a coutersy) or under a Creative Commons license(meaning you can use the image as long as you give credit to the photographer). Once you click on an image to see full size, you should scroll down and see the licensing information that says whether or not the image is public domain,creative commons, or copyrighted. It is important to check the info under "Licensing" as although most photos on Wikipedia and Wikimedia are free use, there are the occassional rare copyrighted photos on there too.<br><br>Let me know if you have any questions about these sites. :)<br><br>(I don't think linking to other sites is allowed on the forum if I'm not mistaken so I can't give you the addresses,but you can google the sites to find them.)
    167jcer.png

Disney's Frozen avatar and banner by me.It's an amazing movie. Everyone should totally go see it.

"The cold never bothered me anyway."-Elsa the Snow Queen
  • caninesrock listed most of the sites I know about, but there's also MorgueFile that you can check out.
    5x236g.jpg
  • Thank y'all for your help! I really appreciate it. :)