Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bye Bye Hard Drive :(

edited February 2013 in Vent
The other day, my family's desktop crashed. My dad didn't back up the hard drive correctly (as I told him to do AT LEAST 10 times) and now all of my graphics, photos, documents, etc. are gone :( <br>We replaced our hard drive but couldn't recover anything from the old one (neither could the people at BestBuy).<br><br>Ugh.
robanner_zps46f75ebe.png

Comments

• Holy crackers, that is not good, not good at all... I feel for you, I have changed my pc so much, luckily i either back it up using my fiances harddrive (now my own external) and the internet. But I do remember when we didn't do that and I lost quite a lot, I hate it when computers break. Luckily he's an IT technician, which is pretty helpful cause my laptop has a habit of having a broken screen
    forum_by_behold_the_survivor-d65hr8n.jpg
    Staircase from Malleni Stock at DeviantArt
  • Holy crackers, that is not good, not good at all... I feel for you, I have changed my pc so much, luckily i either back it up using my fiances harddrive (now my own external) and the internet. But I do remember when we didn't do that and I lost quite a lot, I hate it when computers break. Luckily he's an IT technician, which is pretty helpful cause my laptop has a habit of having a broken screen
    <br><br>I use my laptop for just my school work because I have that backed up. The desktop is for my whole family to use so EVERYONE'S stuff is gone :/<br>At least I still have all of my school work but it sucks that all my photos, graphics, and other documents are gone.<br>You're lucky to have an IT tech around! haha
    robanner_zps46f75ebe.png
  • Yea it sucks loosing all your graphics and that, i've had that happen more than one time... its still a pain trying to find them all to recover them. And wow everyone has stuff gone? thats definitely not good, and one of the good things about the fiance is that he's an IT tech, but it also means he's usually helping his family out with their computers, not that I mind. He's also extremely forgetful, and I mean to the point were I have to tell him multiple times until he remembers what he's supposed to. <br><br>Oh well. <br><br>What was wrong with the old hard drive? was it corrupt? because if its not then it should still be able to get data off it
  • The hard drive is completely corrupted and fried :/ nothing we can do to get the files back. <br>Oh we'll, guess that just means I have more space to fill with graphics haha
    robanner_zps46f75ebe.png
  • Dang, that is not good... my fiance keeps telling me get an SSD it will run faster, urh no... you know how much space they have on for the price... barely anything... just to speed up my pc that can only hold one hard drive... no thank you. Though I do have a 1TB external harddrive but that is so not the point LOL
  • Yeah it sucks :/ <br>I'll probably get an external HD to hold my videos because they're all saved in 720p or 1080p so they take up a lot of space.
    robanner_zps46f75ebe.png
  • Wow and thats the sole reason for my external one, since I do web development at uni but they make us do media, so we have to make films, and they have to be good quality so space is needed for them. its useful though cause I always have my uni docs with me