Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChibiWerewolf never coming back + ideas stolen.

edited July 2012 in Vent
I don't care that my dogs were taken. I mean, those are the rules of the game. I should have found someone to log in for me.<br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">I had ideas for gifties, and personal breeds I had written in the notes of my dogs. People rescued those dogs, checked my notes:<br><span style="color:#FF0000">My original ideas had been stolen. One was even made into a personal breed, are you serious!?</span><br><br>I don't have words to describe how angry that makes me.</span><br>I've noticed a couple of my dye ideas were stolen to. I would just like to state I had no idea how unoriginal and thieving people could be here. You know who you are. You know what you did was stealing. <br><br>I released all my dogs and I had originally planned to give away my 200mill to one lucky person or raffle it, but I'm going to let it sit in my account. When I came back I was even <span style="font-weight:bold">asked for art by people who took my dogs.</span> Slap in the face. I can't even figure out words to tell the people who had stolen my ideas, don't you have the slightest bit of remorse for STEALING and being UNORIGINAL? No, obviously not.<br><br>If you were my friend or wondering what's up : here talk to me here: <a href="http://www.confetti-cake.deviantart.com"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">http://www.confetti-cake.deviantart.com</a>;
10ngdww.jpg
click Nosferatu for my deviantart~!
I'm a scary gargoyle, on a tower. That you built with plastic power.
Your rhinestone eyes, are like factories far away.

Comments

• I'm so angry I don't have words.<br><span style="font-weight:bold">VIRTUALPUPS NEEDS A POLICY TO PROTECT IDEA THEFT.</span> I'm just as angry as I would be as if somebody stole my artwork and said they made it.
    10ngdww.jpg
  • Imso sorry you encountered this Chibs =(
  • Imso sorry you encountered this Chibs =(
    <br><br>It's okay, turns out the person who stole my idea was actually rewarded...I'm so so, agh! I'm flaming right now, I don't even know how people are okay with themselves!
    10ngdww.jpg
  • Well, technically VP does have a way to protect against idea theft. Purchase the color or breed your idea is about. <br><br>The only way I could see "copyrighting" or patenting ideas would be for VP to keep some kind of database that players could add their ideas to protect them, but then what happens when two people submit the same idea? What if someone submit hundreds or thousands of ideas, most of which they'll never be able to purchase, just in case someday they might be able to buy one and they don't want anyone else to get it first? Others lose out having a color based on their favorite whatever because someone else was faster to submit the idea, even though they never purchase it. Any other way would be one person's word against another. If two players claim the other stole their idea, how are Ops supposed to judge who had it first? <br><br>Best way to keep an idea from being stolen is to not share it or not put it somewhere where someone might be able to take it.
    <span style="background-color: rgb(255, 204, 0);">Along for the ride!</span><br>
  • Alabama wrote:
    Well, technically VP does have a way to protect against idea theft. Purchase the color or breed your idea is about. <br><br>The only way I could see "copyrighting" or patenting ideas would be for VP to keep some kind of database that players could add their ideas to protect them, but then what happens when two people submit the same idea? What if someone submit hundreds or thousands of ideas, most of which they'll never be able to purchase, just in case someday they might be able to buy one and they don't want anyone else to get it first? Others lose out having a color based on their favorite whatever because someone else was faster to submit the idea, even though they never purchase it. Any other way would be one person's word against another. If two players claim the other stole their idea, how are Ops supposed to judge who had it first? <br><br>Best way to keep an idea from being stolen is to not share it or not put it somewhere where someone might be able to take it.
    <br><br>The whole process of copyrighting an idea wouldn't work, which is why seeing ideas stolen is all the more infuriating. I never planned for my dogs to be taken, I was in the hospital for most my summer and then I had no internet access for an additional 3 months. Honestly, I wouldn't ever have had thought anyone whole COMPLETELY copy something of mine and not change it in the slightest! The PB's colors are exactly the same, it's just so rediculious. Regardless of if copyrighting ideas would work, I don't feel any better about it. Not to mention I found out other information about how it was stolen, the whole thing is infuriating.
    10ngdww.jpg
  • Alabama wrote:
    Well, technically VP does have a way to protect against idea theft. Purchase the color or breed your idea is about. <br><br>The only way I could see "copyrighting" or patenting ideas would be for VP to keep some kind of database that players could add their ideas to protect them, but then what happens when two people submit the same idea? What if someone submit hundreds or thousands of ideas, most of which they'll never be able to purchase, just in case someday they might be able to buy one and they don't want anyone else to get it first? Others lose out having a color based on their favorite whatever because someone else was faster to submit the idea, even though they never purchase it. Any other way would be one person's word against another. If two players claim the other stole their idea, how are Ops supposed to judge who had it first? <br><br>Best way to keep an idea from being stolen is to not share it or not put it somewhere where someone might be able to take it.
    <br><br>The whole process of copyrighting an idea wouldn't work well on VP, which is why seeing ideas stolen is all the more infuriating. I never planned for my dogs to be taken, I was in the hospital for most my summer and then I had no internet access for an additional 3 months. Honestly, I wouldn't ever have had thought anyone whole COMPLETELY copy something of mine and not change it in the slightest! The PB's colors are exactly the same, it's just so rediculious. Regardless of if copyrighting ideas would work, I don't feel any better about it. Not to mention I found out other information about how it was stolen, the whole thing is infuriating.
    10ngdww.jpg
  • Aww chibs. I'm so sorry that happened to you. :( I would have been really mad that they stole the ideas. Chibi, I have never really talked to you before but if you ever need to talk i will listen. :) I will message you on DA. I hope that they realize that stealing is wrong and they should be punished for what they have done. I love your art BTW. <3 please come back to vp. We missed you. :(
    f30fd24c56e1bcfc926883d6a51d5a00.gif
  • wetnose101 wrote:
    Aww chibs. I'm so sorry that happened to you. :( I would have been really mad that they stole the ideas. Chibi, I have never really talked to you before but if you ever need to talk i will listen. :) I will message you on DA. I hope that they realize that stealing is wrong and they should be punished for what they have done. I love your art BTW. <3 please come back to vp. We missed you. :(
    <br><br>I really appreciate you being so sweet even if we haven't really talked. ^^ like I said before it hurts just as much as if they has stolen art. And please don't be afraid to talk with me, despite my little rage-post here, I am actually a very friendly person. ^^
    10ngdww.jpg
  • Glittamutt wrote:
    wetnose101 wrote:
    Aww chibs. I'm so sorry that happened to you. :( I would have been really mad that they stole the ideas. Chibi, I have never really talked to you before but if you ever need to talk i will listen. :) I will message you on DA. I hope that they realize that stealing is wrong and they should be punished for what they have done. I love your art BTW. <3 please come back to vp. We missed you. :(
    <br><br>I really appreciate you being so sweet even if we haven't really talked. ^^ like I said before it hurts just as much as if they has stolen art. And please don't be afraid to talk with me, despite my little rage-post here, I am actually a very friendly person. ^^
    <br><br><br>Your welcome. :) I will pm your forum account If it's okay. ^_^
    f30fd24c56e1bcfc926883d6a51d5a00.gif
  • *sticks out hand* I'm Emme, nice to meet you.<br><br><br>This is why I hide in art class. People need to learn to let their mind flow and make up their own ideas ._. And it stinks that this one person could ruin it for a bunch of people and make you leave, from previous post I've seen from or about you, you seem like a pretty awesome person (And a wicked artist). *sighs* what can you do though? Other than curse at humanity, but that never gets anyone anywhere.<br><br><br><span style="font-size:50">p.s. i like Nosferatu</span>
    liglw.jpg
  • EmmeZoe wrote:
    *sticks out hand* I'm Emme, nice to meet you.<br><br><br>This is why I hide in art class. People need to learn to let their mind flow and make up their own ideas ._. And it stinks that this one person could ruin it for a bunch of people and make you leave, from previous post I've seen from or about you, you seem like a pretty awesome person (And a wicked artist). *sighs* what can you do though? Other than curse at humanity, but that never gets anyone anywhere.<br><br><br><span style="font-size:50">p.s. i like Nosferatu</span>
    <br><br>Hi Emme! Nice to meet you. I feel like I am meeting new people on this post, please understand I am not usually a furious, foaming-at-the-mouth type person. I just can't believe that happened. The whole thing is a slap in the face, especially since I additionally found out that the person who took my idea was one of my "friends." I can't even believe it, ugh. And I just remember as soon as I tried to come back for the community, I was asked to do art by someone who told me they rescued and gave away my dogs. Constant slapping of my face. So, naturally not such a happy camper. ):> I'm not sure how I could play here anymore knowing that hundereds of millions of my dogs, ones I payed for with the money I worked for, are all gone and someone on here think that it's their property. It's enough to make anyone's head want to explode.<br><br>Aside from my rant, if you have a dA I'd be more than happy to talk. Believe it or not, I'm actually really friendly. ^^;<br><br>And thank you for the compliments. You're a sweetheart. I try really really hard with all of my art so I appreciate you saying that. <3
    10ngdww.jpg
  • I'm so sorry to hear you are leaving... you were really nice when I spoke to you.<br><br>Maybe next time if you have an idea create notes on your computer, as in a legal point of view you would have no argument. As you cannot copyright an idea. And yea it sucks that your idea was blatantly stolen. I'd be pretty annoyed too.
    forum_by_behold_the_survivor-d65hr8n.jpg
    Staircase from Malleni Stock at DeviantArt
  • Glittamutt wrote:
    The whole thing is a slap in the face, especially since I additionally found out that the person who took my idea was one of my "friends." I can't even believe it, ugh. And I just remember as soon as I tried to come back for the community, I was asked to do art by someone who told me they rescued and gave away my dogs.
    <br><br>As most people know, it was me that rescued your dogs. Rescue kennels do just that - they rescue abandoned dogs. Just as training kennels train dogs and so on. As you said, I did give the dogs to another player for free - I owed them a favor and I always keep my promises. In fact I owed two people favors and I ended up paying 5 mil of my own money to the first player for one of your dogs that I gave to the second player - LOL a dog I rescued. As I said, I always keep my promises!<br><br>For the record - I did not steal any of your ideas and I have never purchased a PB or a dye for myself.<br><br>If a line of dogs have notes on them when I rescue, I normally do not delete the notes. That way, the notes may be of help to the person adopting/buying the line of dogs to continue the line. <br><br>And last but not least, when you returned you started a topic to sell your art work and I contacted you. I was honest about rescuing your dogs. Again, I am a rescue kennel - that is what I do. In our messages, you seemed very nice and you agreed to do the art work. Then you never responded again. Guess I know why now.
    NaciesForumBanner.jpg
  • Nacie wrote:
    Glittamutt wrote:
    The whole thing is a slap in the face, especially since I additionally found out that the person who took my idea was one of my "friends." I can't even believe it, ugh. And I just remember as soon as I tried to come back for the community, I was asked to do art by someone who told me they rescued and gave away my dogs.
    <br><br>As most people know, it was me that rescued your dogs. Rescue kennels do just that - they rescue abandoned dogs. Just as training kennels train dogs and so on. As you said, I did give the dogs to another player for free - I owed them a favor and I always keep my promises. In fact I owed two people favors and I ended up paying 5 mil of my own money to the first player for one of your dogs that I gave to the second player - LOL a dog I rescued. As I said, I always keep my promises!<br><br>For the record - I did not steal any of your ideas and I have never purchased a PB or a dye for myself.<br><br>If a line of dogs have notes on them when I rescue, I normally do not delete the notes. That way, the notes may be of help to the person adopting/buying the line of dogs to continue the line. <br><br>And last but not least, when you returned you started a topic to sell your art work and I contacted you. I was honest about rescuing your dogs. Again, I am a rescue kennel - that is what I do. In our messages, you seemed very nice and you agreed to do the art work. Then you never responded again. Guess I know why now.
    <br><br>Nacie, I was not talking about you. There is a completely different kennel, who has a PB from my notes. If I thought you had stolen it, I would have confronted you by now. I never ever said my dogs, were stolen either. I said my concepts were. Like I said before, I know the rules of the game, I've played it for almost five years.
    10ngdww.jpg
  • I am glad you cleared that up - just thought you were referring to me since I did rescue your dogs and I did give them away. I also contacted you about art work. Guess someone else did all that too.
    NaciesForumBanner.jpg
  • Aw, Chibs that sucks :( <br>People can be incredibly inconsiderate at times and they were wrong to use the notes to steal your ideas :/ <br>Hope things get cleared up and maybe this person will put forth the effort of giving you a sincere apology.
    robanner_zps46f75ebe.png
  • I also rescued a few of your dogs and like Nacie, if they had notes, then I didn't delete them. I put them all up for sale too so I hope you're not refering to me. I'm sorry you're going through this. For anyone that wants to avoid this situation in the future, I usually write my ideas down in a notebook. That way, no one can steal them. <br><br>I don't know the person or the details so this is just my opinion but the fact that someone created the exact breed you wanted kind of sounds like a personal jab. Unless they had no idea you wanted that breed, why would they choose it? I don't know...
  • I am sorry this happened to you Chibi. I personally would be very livid if someone did that to me as well. We have talked a few times on VP and you seem like a very easy going, hard-to-aggravate person.
    bgsdxf.jpg
    If you like my avatar or graphics that you have seen by me, check out this link
  • Chibi can't go away! I won't know what to do without your quirkiness and our random conversations. Plus you are the only person I really ever but artwork from. I'm sorry this happened to you.<br> I too keep my special ideas in my dogs notes. Never once did I think something like that might happen. ;( I hope you will stay here. Let me know if I can do anything to help. <br>*huggles*
    4q6h53.png