Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Real Money Businesses Ideas

edited February 2012 in General Discussion
So, my school is doing this thing were they give you £10 to start your own businesses for one month. Now, it is £10 per person and me and my friends (Lets call her Danielle) are working together on it. So we have £20 to start off our business with. This business can be in school, or out of school. Me and Danielle have agreed to do a 'buy and sell' Business for sweets. But this will be an in-school business. The business will start at March 1st and end at April 1st, so we have one month to get as much profit in as we can. <br><br>If we just keep to our in-school Business we will need to make £10 a day to reach my goal. My goal is £200. Exclueing Sats and Suns we have 22 Days of the in-school business. But if we do something out of school we will only need to make about £6.45 a day to reach my goal. Which I much more prefer :mrgreen: I think it's realistic! <br><br>So, what I need for all of you to do, is to help me decide on what other things I could do to make me some more money. The job must be easy-ish and suitable for a 16- of age. I can make stuff and buy stuff, but keep in mind I only have 1 month to do this in. So no Rat Breeding please :lol: <br><br>Me and Danielle have decided the profit we go to four Charitys. A Dog one, A Pet One, A Wild Animal one and A Cancer one. We are not too sure on which one of the catergoys we are going to choose yet, but it will be of one of each. Also requies us to give them 10% of the profit and the £20 pounds pack after the month is over. <br><br>So, please help! Anyone got GREAT money making ideas?

Comments

• Car wash. xD Or bring your pets some where and say it is for a good cause. :D
    f30fd24c56e1bcfc926883d6a51d5a00.gif
  • When we ran businesses when I was in elementary, one girl did very well selling chocolate covered pretzels. I kept buying them xDD Yummy!
    8x32tt.png
  • chocolate covored strawberries. Yummy.
    f30fd24c56e1bcfc926883d6a51d5a00.gif
  • :lol: Ha thoses are really good ideas! Maybe, I could bring in a chocolate fountain XD That will bring in peeps ;P 20p a stick, or more! Which would be one of the cheapest things you could buy at our school XD I don't think I would be great at selling chocolate covered pretzels, I love them so much I may eat the stock :lol: And my dad has an addition to them, I won't be able to bring them to school without giveing half of them to my family XD They are SO YUMMY!
  • what about a pet walking business? if you know a lot of people with dogs you could do like dog walking and charge like 50p -£1 per hour or per dog, whatever you prefer
    forum_by_behold_the_survivor-d65hr8n.jpg
    Staircase from Malleni Stock at DeviantArt
  • I made good money selling candy. You go to a bulk goods store (here we have Costco and Sam's Club), buy a big box of 48 for like.. $10, sell them for $1 each. I sold out in a couple weeks, easy, and that was only selling to my anime club and the occasional person in my forensics class. ._. If you buy a box of assorted (I only had Snickers), I'm sure you'd make more money.
    2eldxsm.png
  • Thats what we are going to do! We were thinking of buying cokes (Not pack ones as they say on the can 'Do on sell serprately' XD) Because coks are a popular one at our school, and the cafe here doesn't sell them. But we will be doing the sweets and chocolate in packs and selling them ;P Everyone else is doing cakes so if we did that there would be way too much competiton!
  • The thing with the soda is trying to keep them cold. No one wants a warm soda. xD We had a kid in my class who put ice packs in his lockers and sold candy and soda between classes. xD
    2eldxsm.png
  • Gushers, fruit roll ups, and fruit by the foot would go like mad at most middle/high schools xD If you could use an empty locker you could get clear glass jars and fill them with candy then sell int by the pound, basically a <a href="http://i.istockimg.com/file_thumbview_approve/3232084/2/stock-photo-3232084-candy-shop-in-barcelona-spain.jpg"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">Like this</a> just smaller and the candy in individual jars with a scoping spoon. <a href="http://teachingphysics.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/poppers_lg40.jpg"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">Poppers</a> and <a href="http://www.dentaltoybox.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/22-102.jpg"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">sticky hands</a> are another option, you could almost have a little nic-nak(sp) shop. Laser pointers could work good too, they would be easy to sell to the boys at my school anyways :lol:. Can you sew? You could make dog leashes, toys, and coats. Lollipops <a href="http://ocfundraising.com/carouselpops.jpg"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">like this</a> are easy sellers, just set up a little table with a box of them and a sign that say $1 each. We had a funraiser just like that at my school and most kids bought 1-2 a day, I even saw someone buy 20 just to give to people (for attention..). There are tons of ways!<br><br>Edit:<br>Amazon would be an easy place to get the little toys cheap, like a penny a piece.
    liglw.jpg
  • Thank you everyone! Now I need some ideas on chocolate and sweet favourites! So everyone, please tell me what your favourite Chocolate/sweet is please! Thank you!
  • Gummy things 8D like peach rings (favorite), gummy worms or <a href="http://verbalbulimia.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/05223l1468.jpg"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">gummy sharks.</a> Just not the <a href="http://zentofitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/3296041994.jpg"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">gummy coke</a> things, they taste like fake pine cones smell D:
    liglw.jpg
  • If you have the time you could make home made truffles. They are really easy and fun to make.
    DogWithGirl.jpg
    Here have a band-aid
  • Or home made lollipops in Teddy bear shapes. xD Or whatever shapes you want. Super easy to make and only cost about ten cents a pop, but you can sell them for a dollar each.
    Goodbye old VP, hello disaster. xD
  • Make sure to get anything that you make approved by the school BEFOREhand. A lot of schools don't allow homemade items unless a food handler's card has been acquired.
    2eldxsm.png