Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rescue cat - needs a name

So, about a month ago I went on a walk and ended up rescuing a mostly starved stray kitten. I planned to find her a new home after she put on a bit of weight and got used to being in the house.... however, nobody seems to want an almost adult kitten, and my daughter (and the rest of the family) has become rather attached to her, so it looks like she's going to be staying with us. Since we didn't plan on keeping her we never bothered to come up with a name, we've just been calling her "small cat". Problem is, she's growing rather quickly, and the name small cat won't fit her much longer XD. So, anyone have any name ideas? She's a dark tortoiseshell with a stripe of cream color down the middle of her face. I posted a picture in this thread - <a href="http://virtualpups.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=77992"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">viewtopic.php?f=41&t=77992</a> - if you want to see a picture. I tried to get my 21 month old to name her, but all she's com up with so far are Cow (or Jane Cow), Bubbles, and Cat. :P If anyone has any suggestions I'll pick a few names and let my daughter chose one of them.
(SPIDERS!)

Comments

• Well, since you've been calling her small cat maybe slur that to "Smalket" Smoll-ket or "Smack" (kinda sounds like that)<br><br>I also think she fits the names;<br><br>Annie (Since she is an orphan)<br>Skunk, Peppy, or Flower (Her little stripe reminds me of a skunk!)<br>Split or Splitty<br>Twoface<br>Autumn, Tricky, Candy (Since she reminds me of Halloween)<br>Oriole (Which is a black and orange bird)<br>Speck (She has fleck and specks of color)<br>Dirt (She kinda reminds me of dirt)<br><br><br><br>x3 Hope I helped.
    GKEBannerRESIZE_zps822c8535.jpg
  • Abby, Mitsy, Raisin, and Pepper would be cute! Let me know what you end up naming her! :)
    Always will be remembered- Daisy June 15th 2011
  • I think Annie's an awesome name for her. xD
    2eldxsm.png
  • Kazuko wrote:
    I think Annie's an awesome name for her. xD
    <br>I thought so too. :3
  • + Maitre + wrote:
    Kazuko wrote:
    I think Annie's an awesome name for her. xD
    <br>I thought so too. :3
    <br><br>At the very least it's way better than Cow. XD I do like it though. I like Autumn, Oriole, and Pepper too. Raisin won't work because we'd end up calling her Rai, and we already call our other cat that sometimes, but I still like it. I'm also considering April, no clue why, but that's what I thought of when we first brought her inside.
    (SPIDERS!)
  • Oh I love that stripe! She's very pretty. I like Annie, it fits and is cute. But her colors sorta remind me of Autumn as well, it's a pretty name. I also think of the names: Dazzle, Duchess, Venus, Emilee, Alley (Torties look like alley cats to me), Mocha, Baby, Lucky, Bella, Amber, Patch, AbraCadabra!, Tortelini, LuvMeh (Love me). xD
    Goodbye old VP, hello disaster. xD
  • Annie is cute for her! I love Abby though!
  • She looks like a Miley or a Mimi to me, possibly a Molly. :D
  • Koda- means friend in indian. ;D
    qqz5hd.png
    I <3 Keith Urban!
  • The only name I can think of is Mouschi from the diary of Anne Frank.
    liglw.jpg
  • Ohh! I thought of another! Charlie. :-)
  • Update on teh kitteh... She's doing well, she's gained weight and now her spine and ribs aren't quite so prominent, and she's getting along better with our other cats. We're currently stuck between Annie and Autumn for names.
    (SPIDERS!)
  • Trianna wrote:
    Update on teh kitteh... She's doing well, she's gained weight and now her spine and ribs aren't quite so prominent, and she's getting along better with our other cats. We're currently stuck between Annie and Autumn for names.
    <br><br><br><br><br><br>What does your family like better? I think Annie would be adorable! I think you got lucky with that cat! :)
  • Trianna wrote:
    Update on teh kitteh... She's doing well, she's gained weight and now her spine and ribs aren't quite so prominent, and she's getting along better with our other cats. We're currently stuck between Annie and Autumn for names.
    <br> Woohoo! Two of my names. :DDD
  • Pypps wrote:
    <br>What does your family like better? I think Annie would be adorable! I think you got lucky with that cat! :)
    <br><br>Ya, we did. She's got an amazing personality for having been a semi feral. My daughter, who's almost 2 and is still learning to be nice to the kitties, has grabbed her tail a few times, and poked at her quite a bit, and she doesn't hiss or make any move to bat at her, she just meows and walks away. She got lucky too, though. About 2 days after I brought her inside it snowed and was freezing outside, and she went into heat about a week ago (she's going to be fixed soon, but she still needs to gain some weight and she's indoors where she can't get pregnant anyway) So if she'd been left outside she would have starved, frozen to death, been hit, or become pregnant and probably died from that. <br><br>
    + Maitre + wrote:
    <br> Woohoo! Two of my names. :DDD
    I really like Annie, but hubby is a bit more partial to Autumn. XD<br><br><br><br><br><br>So, at this point in time our best guess as to where she came from is the junkyard that's at the end of our road, the people who own it just let their cats breed completely uncontrolled. :(
    (SPIDERS!)
  • Awww! What did you name her??
  • We ended up picking Autumn, and she's doing really well. She's put on weight and acts much less like a semi feral with us, although she's still afraid of most other people.
    (SPIDERS!)
  • Thats so cute! I loce it! Awww good!