Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I Still Feel Sick About This

edited January 2012 in Vent
So I play in my church's youth band right. You might think "whoop de doo whatever" but we work our butts off for our 'band leader'/worship leader David who is an ego maniac perfectionist who likes everything to be as perfect as he -thinks- he is. David is 25 by the way. I practiced Tuesday for two hours straight (David won't let us sit down even he says we will get lazy =P) played onstage for an hour and a half Wednesday night, played for about an hour Thursday morning, practiced an hour Thursday afternoon then played for about two hours Thursday night. But this post is about how horribly everything went last night (Thursday).<br><br>During practice, our lead guitarist Sam did great considering he hasn't performed with us in a year. The church was kind of warm, so we turned on the air, then it got super cold. Then while we were practicing, the huge green red and yellow lights were reeeeally hot. THEN David tell us we can't sit in a group we have to 'intermingle' with this other youth group. So after practice, he makes us go introduce ourselves to them. Well, my friend and our lead singer Jenna, just dyed most of her hair neon pink. She was also wearing an optimus prime jacket and she's 16. So we are waking down the hall (me Jenna and keyboard player Hannah) and all the girls are giving us weird looks but by the end of the night they were nice to us. Some girl thought I looked like Avril Lavigne. Weird.<br><br>But then it turned bad when we got on stage. During our first song, Like a Lion by Daniel Bashta, Sam missed almost all of his lead part, Reed (rythem electric) popped a string and James (singer) had to run off stage and get David's guitar while we kept going. During our second song, Rain Down by Delirious?, everything went well except for Sam missing his lead part again. Third song, Rooftops by Jesus Culture, Sam COMPLETLEY ruined his lead part. 4th song, With Everything by Hillsong United, went extremely well but after it the youth pastor wanted us to do another song. So Reed looks at us and we decide to improv and do Come Away by Jesus Culture, a song Reed has been learning to sing. Well Sam missed his lead part, Kadin's bass was up so loud you couldn't hear anything but VRRRRM and he wasn't even playing the right thing cuz no one had music. After that we sat back down and listened to the sermon. After that, the pastor called Reed and Hannah back up to play something soft while he prayed. Then he wanted Reed to start singing How He Loves by David Crowder Band and Reed panicked and called Josh (James brother and other singer) back up and so we all went back up and played that and after we played Our God Is Love by Hillsong United. <br>Afterwards, David asked us how we felt and I say "Sick" and Reed says "I won't be able to eat for three days" <br>We had a lot of mishaps but I think we did pretty well for our first real gig.
51rezb.jpg
"I feel infinite." -The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Comments