Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What helps??!

edited November 2011 in General Discussion
I need this sore throat gone by sunday...HELP!? Trying anything that might help make it go awayyy!
13204484.png
My real life horse! (:

Comments

• You can try gargling with salt water. Tastes bad but it works. xD Just fill a glass with warm tap water and put a little salt in it, then gargle it and spit until all the water in the glass is gone.<br><br>Tell me if it works, hope you feel better! Sore throats are the worst thing ever. Dx<br><br>Also, I hate drinking water when I have a sore throat- I've found it just hurts even worse when I do so (though other people may think differently) so taking sips of soda seems to feel better when you're thirsty or need something to drink.. although I'm no professional. XD
  • Thanks finny i will try that, I've heard it from a few people alreadyy. Including the bf..but haha i didnt really take his advice(:
    13204484.png
    My real life horse! (:
  • Does it matter what kinda salt or how much? And Sounds good. I know my moms bfs son was drinking pop all weekend and his sore throat is gone
    13204484.png
    My real life horse! (:
  • Just enough so that the water gets cloudy. ;D
  • Okayy(: And does it matter what kind??
    13204484.png
    My real life horse! (:
  • Nope. I googled it- you need 1/4 - 1/2 a teaspoon of salt. I don't measure it but it's good to know for sure how much. xD
  • Finny wrote:
    Nope. I googled it- you need 1/4 - 1/2 a teaspoon of salt. I don't measure it but it's good to know for sure how much. xD
    <br><br><br>haha thanks finny. And im not sure if its a cold or what. Cause the first day i had it i also had a temp of 100...And a headache. Now 2 days later its just a sore throat and a cough
    13204484.png
    My real life horse! (:
  • D: That doesn't sound too fun. Well, like I said, I hope you feel better soon!
  • Its not. Thanks!!(: I do too.
    13204484.png
    My real life horse! (:
  • I hate sore throats I get them all the time. Gargling salt water helps a ton! Also eating things with Vitamin C is also really good. I like to have Halls Vitamin C drops (or just cough drops) because they help sooth the throat.
    DogWithGirl.jpg
    Here have a band-aid
  • Thanks binzie(:
    13204484.png
    My real life horse! (:
  • Hard candy helps me like no other... And for some reason 7-up makes it stop for a couple of hours for me
    ccf3ec1cafcdf67c83857705ffcc4d77-d5ztjco.gif
  • i know its past sunday but in case its still there, a doctor once told me suck on hard boiled sweets to keep the throat lubricated and it works like a treat :D salt water is also very good. <br><br>[Edited by staff, inappropriate for children.]
    forum_by_behold_the_survivor-d65hr8n.jpg
    Staircase from Malleni Stock at DeviantArt