Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need some help with my crap drawings XD

edited November 2011 in Artist Alley
Well, yes, I draw craply. Though I seem to be better at drawing then colouring XD If you can can you look at the picture below and tell be what I could do to improve it! I'll even update it per ever post, so finally at the end it will turn out aawsomly! And... if you are a colourist then PLEASE can you tell me how to colour it! Thank you!<br><br><br><a href="http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb349/Collie99/Dog1.png"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb3 ... 9/Dog1.png</a><br><br>Thanks!

Comments

• id suggest removing the lines above the eyes and the ones directly under it makes the dog look likes its tired or something, for colouring if your using a graphics tablet or you could do this with a mouse i guess, use a block colour for the first layer, once done add another layer, pick another darker colour and draw small lines like fur all over, for shading add darker & lighter lines where necessary ( i dont do computerised colouring but its the approach i tend to take with my pencils)
    forum_by_behold_the_survivor-d65hr8n.jpg
    Staircase from Malleni Stock at DeviantArt
  • Are you using a tablet or a mouse? Makes a lot of difference in terms of drawing [for instance, I can't draw with a mouse... But a tablet's just like drawing on paper, so it works rather well.] It will make a difference in terms of coloring as well.<br>Also, what art program are you using? Many, such as Gimp, have fuzzy edges as an option, which helps make your drawing look smoother.<br><br>I strongly suggest practicing by drawing things in life, whether it be something as silly as some crumpled paper or a ball, or something as hard as your pets or some bottles. Look at where the light hits and where the shadows fall, at how something can look different from different angles. Try some contour drawings, where you never lift your pencil and just draw the outline. Try some blind contour drawings, where you don't look at your paper while you're drawing your contour drawing. Try drawing just the negative space, the areas around the object instead of the object itself. Try drawing and shading in crazy colors, in monotone, in complimentary colors, cool or warm colors. Draw at least one thing a day, no matter how crappy it is. Learn to love your mistakes, learn to throw something out and start over.<br><br>Gah... That's a lot of suggestions, but they're all things I have used that have helped me get to where I am as an artist.