Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why Can't I-

edited November 2011 in Vent
<span style="color:#FF0080">Why Can't I Have A Dog.?Is Pretty Much My Main Question Everyday.<br>All My Cousins Have One.<br>All My Friends Have One.<br>Or Am I Not As Responsible.......?</span><br><br><br><span style="color:#FF0080">Well Really All My Cousins Have Chihuahuas.Or Mixed Breed With A Chihuahua Or Just A Small Dog.</span><br><br><span style="color:#FF0080">My Dad Hates Small Dogs.And My Mom Doesn't Like Dogs.Period.Well She Likes Pomeranians And Some Chihuahuas.My Dad Likes Huskies,German Shepherds,And Wolf-Like Dogs. </span><br><span style="color:#FF0080">My Sister LOVES Shiba Inus And Pomeranians But Shes Not The Biggest Dog Fan Either.So Really In My Whole Family,I'm The Only One That Has Been Wanting A Dog Ever Since I Was Born.And I Only Got That Chance Once.</span><br><br><br><span style="color:#FF0080">So' Like One Day,My Dad Comes In With A Husky Pup That Looked Around 4-6 Weeks Old.Really Small.He Said That He Was Alone Which I Think Is Kinda Weird But Anyways We Bottle-Fed Him And Everything.He Never Got A Chance Too' Play With His Littermates So' He Was Really Playful And Mouthy.So' Decided Too' Give Him Too' My Uncle Who Owns A Small Ranch With A Couple Of Dogs Around His Age,In Mexico.This Was Very Hard For Me.I Realized That Huskies Were Not Good For Our Family Since We Are Not As Active And Only Once In A While Go Around The Park.After That My Dad Wasn't Ever Interested In Dogs,He Still Liked Them But Not Too' Keep.My Mom On The Other Hand Was Convinced Like 100 Times By Me And My Cousins & Aunts.Soo' Now She Seems Too' Like Toy Dogs A Lot More.!!But I Need More Help Convincing Them Too' Buy Us A Dog.But Am I Really Ready For One?</span><br><span style="font-size:150"><span style="color:#FF0080">So Really If I Were Too' Get A Dog,What Breed Would Be Right For Me.?Well For US.</span><br><span style="color:#FF0080">(We Live In Texas.Soo' Yes The Temperature There Is Hot.)</span><br><span style="color:#FF0080">And How Can I Convice My Parents Too' Get Another Dog.?</span></span>
300gzlw.jpg

Comments

• I'd suggest a Shih-Tzu, but their coats need a ton of maintenance, and especially if it was going to live in a hot area like Texas, you'd need to take care of it a lot. You'd probably keep a Shih-Tzu in a puppy cut, or even shaved. It is easier for you, and better for the dog that way. Even though Shih-Tzu's are small, they are VERY hardy. Mine loves to be outside, run around, sniff every. Blade. Of. Grass, play, etc. It'd be good for your mom because they have that small dog quality. I wouldn't worry about your dad, my step-dad HATES dog's period, but my dog just has such a big personality that she won him over. Most Shih-Tzu's I've seen are like that, BIG personality crammed into such a little dog.
    FrostBite_zpsab645aba.png
  • I'd suggest a Shih-Tzu, but their coats need a ton of maintenance, and especially if it was going to live in a hot area like Texas, you'd need to take care of it a lot. You'd probably keep a Shih-Tzu in a puppy cut, or even shaved. It is easier for you, and better for the dog that way. Even though Shih-Tzu's are small, they are VERY hardy. Mine loves to be outside, run around, sniff every. Blade. Of. Grass, play, etc. It'd be good for your mom because they have that small dog quality. I wouldn't worry about your dad, my step-dad HATES dog's period, but my dog just has such a big personality that she won him over. Most Shih-Tzu's I've seen are like that, BIG personality crammed into such a little dog.
    <br><span style="color:#FF0080">I Never Thought Of A Shih Tzu.My Only Problem With Them Is The Coat.My Mom Hates Dogs With Big Coats Which Is Kinda Like A Pomeranian's Coat Too' Right.?And My Mom Doesn't Like Dogs That Live Indoors Much Either,And Neither Does My Dad Which Pretty Much Eliminates Most Toy Dogs:(</span>
    300gzlw.jpg
  • My boyfriends dad has a Shih Tzu and they keep her fur trimmed down. Shes aggressive though idk if that's a breed thing or just her haha
  • Well if you take it on walks frequently I would say a Lab. But since you can't always take it on walks everyday that would probably not be a wise choice because they would get very hyper inside all the time. So are you wanting a big or small dog? That kind of confused me. LOL. You could get a Pointer if you want a big dog for hunting or anything like that. <br><br>
    Q1: What dog size is good for you?<br><br>Never make the mistake of asking for a “good-sized” dog because for some breeders it simply means that you need dogs weighing around 25 pounds while for other breeders it means 75 pounds. Go on to the internet and visit some of the websites that feature All Dog Breeds. Check out the size and weight and then take a decision. Be clear about what you need.<br><br>Q2: How much space do you have at your home?<br><br>Is your home an apartment with three rooms and a balcony or is it a villa or a farm house. These are important aspects and need to be considered because some dogs need a lot of space. So if you are in a villa, you can go for different large dog breeds like the Doberman Pincher, German Shepherd Dog, St. Bernard, Greyhound etc. These are large guard dogs and very efficient. If you have a large home a Labrador retriever, Golden retriever, Irish Setter or a Dalmatian would be just perfect. If you are staying in an apartment then small sized dogs like cocker-spaniel, Dachshund, Pomeranian, Mini schnauzer, and Chihuahua would be just great.<br><br>Q3: How much exercise can your dog have?<br><br>There are some dog breeds like the retrievers and the Doberman that require a lot of exercise, running around, jumping and fetching exercises. There are dogs like Pomeranian and Chihuahua who need just a small walk in the park. You need to consider this aspect because the overall health of your dog and his growth will depend on the amount of exercise he can get. If you have a busy work schedule then it is better that you keep a dog who doesn’t need too much of exercise.<br><br>Q4: How much grooming can you cope up with?<br><br>Some dogs require regular grooming especially those dog breeds that are hairy. Grooming is necessary because long hair is one of the causes of ticks and other skin problems in dogs. All dogs need grooming and some just need more. So you need to consider various aspects like the amount of time you can devote on grooming and the kind of monthly budget you have for your dog.
    qqz5hd.png
    I <3 Keith Urban!
  • i have a shih tzu and i agree with you Frostbight because she is really a big baby that loves to play<br><br>i think shih tzus are great pets the only problem is their fur because it does grow long
    10o1wlj.jpg
  • Q1: What dog size is good for you?<br><span style="color:#FF0080">Any Size Really^^.Just Not Too' Big.Haha'.</span><br><br>Q2: How much space do you have at your home?<br><span style="color:#FF0080">TONS!!!I Have A Huge BackYard And I Really Don't Think My Mom Would Like An Inside Dog!!</span><br><br>Q3: How much exercise can your dog have?<br><span style="color:#FF0080">My Sister & I Exercise At Random Times.I Think If We Get A Nice Dog That Isn't As Hyper As Our Old Dog Used Too' Be,We Would Exercise And Be Motivated Too' Keep Fit A Lot More.My Mom Exercises Alot Too' In Our Yard.</span><br>Q4: How much grooming can you cope up with?<br><span style="color:#FF0080">Grooming...........We Never Really Groomed Our Old Dog(Husky) At Random Times I'll Just Grab A Brush And Brush Him For As Long As He Lets Me.-_____-.My Mom On The Hand Hates Dogs With Lots Of Fur.</span><br><br><span style="color:#FF0080"><span style="font-size:200">Thanks Guys For Helping Out!!</span></span>
    300gzlw.jpg
  • Well since you have a big backyard, you could go with a Lab, but make sure you don't just get the first dog you see. Some of them can be REALLY hyper but on the other hand, ours is only hyper if she hasn't been played with at all for a long time or is inside and goes outside. LOL. But this opens the viriety alot more. Here are some breeds and info about them. ;D You could get a Pug, they are small, but they can be fun. <br><br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">Greyhounds</span><br>Yes their large but read this about them and you might like them. ;D<br><br>
    Greyhounds have been referred as “Forty-five mile per hour couch potatoes.” Greyhounds have been around for some time, and can be traced to ancient Egypt and Greece and have often been used for hunting and herding throughout history. The Greyhound needs for:<br><br>Space – Low. Seriously. Yes, this is a larger dog (60 to 70 pounds as an adult and 2 1/2 feet high), but they can thrive in small spaces. Most Greyhounds are quiet, gentle animals, and actually make better “apartment dogs” than breeds that are smaller but more active.<br>Training – Low-ish. These dogs are rather obedient and get along well with strangers, school-aged children, and other dogs. You maybe should train or supervise them around smaller pet animals or very young children.<br>Exercise – Low to moderate. Yes, greyhounds are sprinters and they love running, but they do not require extensive exercise. A 20 to 30 minute walk many days will keep an adult Greyhound healthy.<br>Grooming – Low. She has a short, smooth coat and no undercoat. These are good dogs to have if you have allergies.<br><br>Cons – Some skin sensitivities and sensitive to extreme temperatures
    <br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">Bull Mastiffs</span><br>Their so beautiful! They are great guard dogs.<br><br>
    Yes, a Bullmastiff, as in that super large dog, is pretty low maintenance. This powerful guard dog was developed in the mid-1800s as a cross between the English Mastiff and the Old English Bulldog. They were bred, not to attack intruders, but to stand in front of them or knock them down and hold them. For their size, they tend to be pretty low-energy dog. A Bullmastiff needs for:<br><br>Space – Low-ish. Because of its size (100 to 130 lbs, 21 to 27” in height), you do need enough space in the house just so the dog can move and lounge around. However, these are calm, low-key dogs and they actually do fine in apartments. And they do best when they live inside with the owner.<br>Training – Low. Some training is recommended just for walking the large dog so he doesn’t pull. This dog is very loyal to its family, even-tempered, calm and very tolerant of children. In fact, these dogs crave human attention and are quite affectionate.<br>Grooming – Low. It has a short, smooth coat that sheds little.<br>Exercise – Low to moderate. The Bullmastiff is a calm, low-energy dog—it’s even known to be a lazy dog, clearly OK with lying on the sofa. However, because he is such a large dog, obesity can be a concern. Occasional long walks are a good idea, but they can be leisurely, low-key walks.<br><br>Cons – Some tendencies for bloating, hip dysplasia, elbow dysplasia, and eye problems. Cannot tolerate extreme temperatures. Tendency to drool or slobber.
    <br><br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">Bull Dogs</span><br>I love them! Their soo cute!<br><br>
    Bulldogs were originally bred in the 1600s to hold bulls for butchers, and later used for fighting, or “bullbaiting”. When fighting was outlawed, breeders bred Bulldogs with gentler temperaments to soften the breed. A Bulldog needs for:<br><br>Space – Low. A small but muscular dog, weighing in at 40 – 50 pounds, apartment living is fine, but avoid this breed if you have back problems.<br>Training – Low. An affectionate and very loyal dog, Bulldogs get along well with people, kids and other house pets.<br>Grooming – Low. A short hair dog, but they do require wrinkle cleaning of the folds on their face.<br>Exercise – Not a particularly active breed. However, these dogs can easily become obese, so a little exercise is good. Low intensity exercise only, like casual walks is recommended. In fact, because of its short muzzle, heavy exercise and exercise in hot weather can be a health hazard.
    <br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">Puggles</span><br>Thier SOO adorable! They just shed some so they might not be best.<br><br>
    A Puggle is considered a recent crossbreed (sometimes known as a “designer dog”) that is a mix of a Pug and a Beagle. He or she may be an original mix or a second or third generation. Puggles are low maintenance dogs that make excellent house pets. A Puggle needs for:<br><br>Space – Low. Puggles are smaller dogs (15 – 30 lbs, up to 15” in height), good for apartment or house life.<br>Training – Low. Puggles are laid-back and cheerful. They are sturdy and playful, but also affectionate, lap dogs. They pretty much get along everyone including children, other dogs and other family pets. They are also very loyal and eager to please their owners.<br>Exercise – Lowish. These dogs do have a little energy to work off (the Beagle in them) so occasional walks or a romp in the yard is good. On the other side, Puggles tire quickly and like to kick back. Additionally, because of its shorter nasal cavity (inherited from the Pug), long or strenuous workouts are a big no-no. This can cause trouble breathing or controlling body temperature.<br>Grooming – Low to moderate. They are generally low maintenance, but they shed quite a bit, especially in the spring. They may also need wrinkle cleaning depending how much Pug they inherited.<br><br>Cons –Because of the shorter nasal cavity, Puggles are a little more susceptible to heat stroke.
    <br><br>You could also take this quiz they have; <a href="http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/search.htm"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/search.htm</a><br>It will bring up breeds with your preferences.
    qqz5hd.png
    I <3 Keith Urban!
  • <span style="color:#8080FF"><span style="font-size:85">I'd take a look at shelters. They always have unique mixed breeds there, if you aren't too picky about breeds. <br><br>Maybe..A Welsh Corgi + a furminator. Or, a Border Terrier. I love Border Terriers. Airdales are nice too. There are quite a few options, really. </span></span>
  • Patty wrote:
    <span style="color:#8080FF"><span style="font-size:85">I'd take a look at shelters. They always have unique mixed breeds there, if you aren't too picky about breeds. <br><br>Maybe..A Welsh Corgi + a furminator. Or, a Border Terrier. I love Border Terriers. Airdales are nice too. There are quite a few options, really. </span></span>
    <br>Thats true! ;D
    qqz5hd.png
    I <3 Keith Urban!
  • <span style="color:#FF0080">One More Thing Also-<br>Pretty Much Need Too' Be A Guard Dog-That'll Get Along With My Neighbor's Chihuahuas-_____-<br> And That Can Let Me Sleep At Night.Haha'.<br><br>And Isn't An Escape Artist.Lol.</span><br><br><br><span style="color:#FF0080">Anyways,My Mom Would Like A Lab I'm Sure But Not Soo' Much On The Hyperness.My WHOLE Family Actually Hates Pugs And Bully Breeds.They Think That Any Time They Could Turn On You.In Which I Totally Disagree But Anyways,Shedding Isn't A Very BIG Problem For Me,Its Just It Might Be Best If They Don't.</span><br><br><br><br><span style="color:#FF0080">And In Shelters,I'll Try Convincing My Dad Too' Take Us Too' One.I Know That Alot Of Dogs Need New Homes And I Would Love Too' Give Another Doggy A Second Chance^^</span>
    300gzlw.jpg
  • Best of luck convincing you parents! If you guys do decide to get a dog, make sure to do your research together. I don't have any suggestions for breeds right now but I'll do some thinking and get back to you. ;D<br><br>They think that Pugs and Bully breeds could turn on you? Well if those breeds can, can't any breed? A Golden Retriever might bite just like a Pit bull would. The breed doesn't matter as much as the owner and breeder do. The sweetest dogs I have ever known happen to be Doberman Pinchers, Amstaffs, and Pit Bulls. I have a lot of cute stories about a few of those dogs..<br><br>Something to show your family:<br><a href="http://www.realpitbull.com/myths.html"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">http://www.realpitbull.com/myths.html</a>;
  • Finny wrote:
    Best of luck convincing you parents! If you guys do decide to get a dog, make sure to do your research together. I don't have any suggestions for breeds right now but I'll do some thinking and get back to you. ;D<br><br>They think that Pugs and Bully breeds could turn on you? Well if those breeds can, can't any breed? A Golden Retriever might bite just like a Pit bull would. The breed doesn't matter as much as the owner and breeder do. The sweetest dogs I have ever known happen to be Doberman Pinchers, Amstaffs, and Pit Bulls. I have a lot of cute stories about a few of those dogs..<br><br>Something to show your family:<br><a href="http://www.realpitbull.com/myths.html"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">http://www.realpitbull.com/myths.html</a>;
    <br><span style="color:#FF0080">I Know!!!We Actually Met A Stray Pitbull That Came Too' Our House One Day And We Loved Him!!Even My Mom & Dad Would Play With Him Once In A While.But We Eventually Gave Him Back Too' His Rightful Owner.Thanks,For Your Time^^.....Everyone.Haha'.And They Don't Think Pugs Could,But My Mom Just Doesn't Like Them.Shes Those Kind Of People Who Won't Give Out Reasons And Just Stick With What They Wanna Believe. :lol: And I'll Make Sure My Parents Get Too' Read About That Tonight:3</span>
    300gzlw.jpg
  • If you don't want a dog in your house then getting a dog might not be a good idea, especially if you live in texas... Many breeds just can't handle the heat, and most dogs really prefer to be inside with their owners. If you insist on getting one with what you've said you're going to need a dog that's heat tolerant, and has low grooming and exercise needs. Another important question to add to the ones Myst asked is "how much time will you really have to spend with the dog?", also "how much are you able to pay in vet bills/upkeep costs?". Some dogs are going to need a ton of your time for training or just attention, while others will be more independent/easier to train. Some dogs will be more apt to have certain health issues, where others will more likely to be a bit healthier. For example, shih tzus and bulldogs have been mentioned, but neither will do well as an outdoor dog in texas, as they can't cope well with heat... A border terrier might work, or maybe a Toy Manchester Terrier, or a Chinese Crested Dog. They are all pretty small, with moderate grooming needs, lower exercise needs, and ok heat resistance. However, if you can't allow your dog to live indoors, and don't have that much time for it, etc... maybe it's just better to wait until you can meet a dogs needs.
    (SPIDERS!)
  • Maybe you should try fostering. That way you could get to know a dog and see I it would fit in with your lifestyle and if it doesn't work out, you could take it back to the shelter or another foster. Just an idea.
    51rezb.jpg
    "I feel infinite." -The Perks of Being a Wallflower
  • Maybe you should try fostering. That way you could get to know a dog and see I it would fit in with your lifestyle and if it doesn't work out, you could take it back to the shelter or another foster. Just an idea.
    <br>I would say this isn't the best idea from the sounds of her situation. For one, she could get attached to it and it be adopted before she adopted it. I just don't think it sounds good here. Its like getting a dog and then getting rid of it because it doesn't fit your life style then trading it for another. I don't think thats right.
    qqz5hd.png
    I <3 Keith Urban!
  • <span style="color:#FF0080"><span style="font-size:150">Thanks Guys</span>.</span><br><br><br><br><span style="font-size:150"><span style="color:#FF0080">One Thing Is For Sure.I WILL GET ATTACHED TOO' IT!!!I Will Ask My Cousin If She'll Let Me Take Care Of Her Dog(Chihuahua Mix) For A Week.I See Her Like About 3 Times A Week Soo' Even If I Get A Closer Bond With Her,I Could Still See Her.</span></span><br><br><br><span style="color:#FF0080">Hopefully My Dad Will See That I Could Really Get A Dog.</span><br><br><br><span style="color:#FF0080">My Sister Has Been Thinking Of A Shiba Inu.I Told Her We Should Research About Them And Compare Their Needs Too' What We Have.Found Out My Sister Only Cares About Their Looks......Wow.My Family.My Selfish Family-____-.Haha`.</span>
    300gzlw.jpg
  • If you don't want a dog in your house then getting a dog might not be a good idea, especially if you live in texas... Many breeds just can't handle the heat, and most dogs really prefer to be inside with their owners. If you insist on getting one with what you've said you're going to need a dog that's heat tolerant, and has low grooming and exercise needs. Another important question to add to the ones Myst asked is "how much time will you really have to spend with the dog?", also "how much are you able to pay in vet bills/upkeep costs?". Some dogs are going to need a ton of your time for training or just attention, while others will be more independent/easier to train. Some dogs will be more apt to have certain health issues, where others will more likely to be a bit healthier. For example, shih tzus and bulldogs have been mentioned, but neither will do well as an outdoor dog in texas, as they can't cope well with heat... A border terrier might work, or maybe a Toy Manchester Terrier, or a Chinese Crested Dog. They are all pretty small, with moderate grooming needs, lower exercise needs, and ok heat resistance. However, if you can't allow your dog to live indoors, and don't have that much time for it, etc... maybe it's just better to wait until you can meet a dogs needs
    <br><br>agreed
    10o1wlj.jpg
  • Niscus wrote:
    If you don't want a dog in your house then getting a dog might not be a good idea, especially if you live in texas... Many breeds just can't handle the heat, and most dogs really prefer to be inside with their owners. If you insist on getting one with what you've said you're going to need a dog that's heat tolerant, and has low grooming and exercise needs. Another important question to add to the ones Myst asked is "how much time will you really have to spend with the dog?", also "how much are you able to pay in vet bills/upkeep costs?". Some dogs are going to need a ton of your time for training or just attention, while others will be more independent/easier to train. Some dogs will be more apt to have certain health issues, where others will more likely to be a bit healthier. For example, shih tzus and bulldogs have been mentioned, but neither will do well as an outdoor dog in texas, as they can't cope well with heat... A border terrier might work, or maybe a Toy Manchester Terrier, or a Chinese Crested Dog. They are all pretty small, with moderate grooming needs, lower exercise needs, and ok heat resistance. However, if you can't allow your dog to live indoors, and don't have that much time for it, etc... maybe it's just better to wait until you can meet a dogs needs
    <br><br>agreed
    <br><.> Same.
    qqz5hd.png
    I <3 Keith Urban!
  • Shibas are VERY expensive dogs. My husband and I wanted one too. Also, they tend to be pretty independent and stubborn. xD<br><br><br><a href="http://animal.discovery.com/breed-selector/dog-breeds.html"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">http://animal.discovery.com/breed-selec ... reeds.html</a><br><br>Try that <3
    2eldxsm.png
  • Also, a lot of outdoor dogs do just fine being just that. ;D My mother in law bred and trained German shepherds in Arizona, and they were kept in kennels outdoors no problem. Supply the dog with enough shade, water, and a cold puppy pool, and unless you get a dog that's prone to overheating (such as a bulldog), you should be fine.
    2eldxsm.png
  • I agree with Kaz and KINDA disagree with the "being in Texas many dogs cant take the heat and should be inside" thing 0.0 I've had many long haired, large, dogs that stay outside and I live in east texas. Give them enough shade and keep their water filled through out the day and they will do just fine. They naturally dig down to find "cold" dirt to lay in, dirt that isn't exposed to the sun all day long.<br><br>My Akita Inu stays in the backyard at all times. We don't bring him inside. He is on a runner underneath a large pin tree an many smaller trees for shade. He has a huge tub we keep filled with fresh cold water. We ever got him a big enough water tub that he could lay in if he wanted (which he does quite often so we have to refill it more than usual haha) His coat is Solid black with white tips on his toes and tail, and he does just fine out in the heat all day. He has plenty of ways to stay cool. So a part of me disagrees with it being a bad idea to have a long haired outside dog in Texas. Any dog will do just fine. You just need to see what dog fits YOUR household.
  • Garnet wrote:
    So a part of me disagrees with it being a bad idea to have a long haired outside dog in Texas. Any dog will do just fine. You just need to see what dog fits YOUR household.
    <br><br>I didn't say anything about long haired dogs o.o... I mentioned shih tzus and bulldogs, because they were mentioned and are highly heat intolerant, and prone to heatstroke... so no, not any dog will do just fine. If you want an animal that will be in a hot climate, a brachycephalic or heat intolerant animal is <span style="font-weight:bold">NOT</span> a good idea. I also mentioned other dogs that would do well with the heat. My reasons not to have a dog outside also had to do with the fact that she mentioned wanting a smaller dog, and keeping an animal outside (especially a smaller one), regardless of where you live can be dangerous. There are wild animals, rouge domestic animals, and people who steal and/or harm dogs. Perhaps they would be keeping the dog in a fenced in area, but that wasn't mentioned, so I was just stating my concerns.<br><br><br> Also, I understand some dogs do fine outdoors, my old dog decided to be an outdoor dog, he started getting miserable and whining to go back outside within 10 minutes of being brought inside. I happen to believe that there are times when your dog may need to be inside, and if you don't ever want a dog in your house you shouldn't get a dog. A lot of dogs that are 100% outdoor dogs (not all, mind you) don't get nearly enough attention. At first it's "yay, a puppy!" then the newness wears off and eventually the only time the dog gets attention is when someone takes it food. Not saying this would happen in this case, but it does happen.
    (SPIDERS!)
  • As for a small dog, I would suggest a Pug. That may be just because I -adore- pugs, but they are known to be pretty great pets. They don't have many health problems, but they do shed quite a lot even though they are short haired. They are so sweet, though and rate one of the top ten family pets. Try <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pug"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">here.</a> I suggest reading all of the page, especially temperament and description. It really tells you how great they are. (:
  • Careful with pugs. Many, if they are played with too roughly or get overly excited, have this tendency to... well, their eyes pop out. It's not a pleasant experience.
    2eldxsm.png
  • Ah, I have heard that! I didn't think it was actually true though! Meh.
  • Yep, it's totally true. Then you have to rush them to the vets and... Yeah. xD Not pretty.
    2eldxsm.png
  • Oh. Man, me and my mom have been wanting a pug for some time.
  • Wait, and you have to pick up the eyes and bring them with you?
  • Just be gentle and research the bloodlines and whatnot and you should be okay ^^ Do some research on it so you know what to do when/if that happens, and all will be well. xD<br><br>The eyes don't pop out... all the way xD They're still connected by the optic nerve, just kinda.. dangle and stuff.
    2eldxsm.png