Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Going Emo?

So I've decided to go Emo. I've always been quiet, loved black and such. But I have decided to take it all the way. I have naturally blonde hair, longish and like dirty blonde (I hate calling it that though =P) I usually dress kind of scene-ish like skinny jeans (in various colors) and Converse and graphic tshirts, etc. Anyone got any ways I could reflect my emo-ness in dress, hair, makeup etc? Lol I know it's weird but yeah...
51rezb.jpg
"I feel infinite." -The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Comments

• It depends.<br><br>Are you wanting to be emo?<br>Punk?<br>Goth?<br>Scene?<br><br>It sounds like you're trying to be scene. Emo is... well, emo.<br>Dark make up, low self esteem, generally boring people to be around. Always sad and depressed and mopey. ;-; No one likes emo kids!<br><br>Scene is black with colorful accents. Blond hair is usually dyed with those... coontail things in pinks and blue. Scene kids tend to be... well, obnoxious, but they're more interesting to be around than emo kids. D8<br><br>"I'm dark, and sensitive with low self-esteem,<br>the way I dress makes every day feel like Halloween!<br>I have no real problems but I like to make believe.<br>I stole my sister's mascara now, I'm grounded for a week.<br>Sulking and writing poetry are my hobbies,<br>I can't get through a Hawthorne Heights album without sobbing."<br><br>Pretty much sums emo up. xD<br><br><br>Though if you really want to be emo... disregard this entire message 8'D<br><br>EDIT:<br>And remember kids, emo is short over over-EMOtional xD
    2eldxsm.png
  • Kazuko wrote:
    <br>"I'm dark, and sensitive with low self-esteem,<br>the way I dress makes every day feel like Halloween!<br>I have no real problems but I like to make believe.<br>I stole my sister's mascara now, I'm grounded for a week.<br>Sulking and writing poetry are my hobbies,<br>I can't get through a Hawthorne Heights album without sobbing."<br><br>Pretty much sums emo up. xD
    <br><br>Ahaha, I forgot about that song xD<br><br><br>Honestly, I'm not a fan of people actually trying to become a label, but I can't really talk. I was the queen of phases in middle and high school. Tomboy > Prep > Scene > Guidette. <br>..Yeah. <br><br>You'll be wearing a lot of blacks and grays, you've got the right idea already with the skinny jeans, hair's usually down and black, lots of eyeliner, if you wear hoodies, wearing the hood's a good idea.
    23jlj11.jpg
  • You should just be yourself. :D
    <span style="font-size: 10pt;">rLHC1jx.gif </span><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">sophierue.png</span><span style="font-size: small;"> </span></div><div><span style="font-size: small;">oh I swear to ya, I'll be there for ya.
    10.31.10 ❤
    </span></div>
  • Hate me if you will, but why the hell would you decide to be "emo"... The fact is, all the emo kids I've ever known had serious mental issues that ended up in suicide attempts and institutionalization... they didn't chose to be that way, and I don't know why anyone would. The people who act like something they aren't because they think it's cool piss me off to no end, mostly because it's like a slap in the face to people who are the way they are for a reason. Guess what, I like wearing black and lots of eyeliner, and I'm quiet too, but it doesn't make me emo. I could go on about this forever, but I guess all I really have to say is trying to fit a label, especially a negative one, is pretty stupid in my opinion, and will probably end up just making you hated... Be yourself, dress how you want, but don't try to make yourself something you aren't.
    (SPIDERS!)
  • Trianna wrote:
    Hate me if you will, but why the hell would you decide to be "emo"... The fact is, all the emo kids I've ever known had serious mental issues that ended up in suicide attempts and institutionalization... they didn't chose to be that way, and I don't know why anyone would. The people who act like something they aren't because they think it's cool piss me off to no end, mostly because it's like a slap in the face to people who are the way they are for a reason. Guess what, I like wearing black and lots of eyeliner, and I'm quiet too, but it doesn't make me emo. I could go on about this forever, but I guess all I really have to say is trying to fit a label, especially a negative one, is pretty stupid in my opinion, and will probably end up just making you hated... Be yourself, dress how you want, but don't try to make yourself something you aren't.
    <br><br>Well said. I agree completely. It doesn't do to label yourself, considering that's what you have to live with. It's definitely not a fun thing to work at. Plus, all the ones that I know of.. they tend to get mixed up in the wrong crowd, do things that aren't exactly the best, and end up developing psuedo-depression [not saying all depression is fake, so don't yell at me. I'm saying that they tend to trick themselves into that mindset.] because they have alienated themselves from everyone else, and then they end up taking their own lives. Believe me, no label or type of attire is worth that.<br>It's fun to raise a few eyebrows every once in a while, but not when so much is at stake.<br><br><br>
    Kazuko wrote:
    "I'm dark, and sensitive with low self-esteem,<br>the way I dress makes every day feel like Halloween!<br>I have no real problems but I like to make believe.<br>I stole my sister's mascara now, I'm grounded for a week.<br>Sulking and writing poetry are my hobbies,<br>I can't get through a Hawthorne Heights album without sobbing."
    <br><br>Hahahahahaha.
    "I am carrying all my hatred and contempt for power, its laws, its authority, its society, and I have no room for guilt or fear of punishment."-Diego Rios
    Semper Fi.
  • Another alternative: Create your own style and label. 8D <br><br>I have a friend who wore elegant gothic lolita dresses that she'd made all through high school.<br>I myself wore a mishmash of strange outfits, everything from skirts and fishnet and long, black trenchcoats to an army-style corset-like stop with fishnet shirt undearneath, matching olive green skirt, green 'bullet' belt, black leggings and combat boots, to my 'Skittles' outfit: Kraft Blue skinnies (sometimes I wore yellow skinnies instead with a purple, black and pink shirt (Monster face going 'Rawr'), black jacket with pixel 'monster' designs in blue, pink, yellow, green, and purple (when I wore yellow pants, I wore a bright blue Reptar jacket with Reptar eating cars and the words OMNOMNOMNOMNOM on it), a white belt with dinosaurs on it, mismatched colored DC shoes, and brightly colored headphones that matched the shoes really well.<br>Look, I'll even include pictures for my Skittles outfit, because I got SO many compliments on it:<br><br><a href="http://www.nerdskateshop.com/chart/files/shoePureMismatch[1].jpg&quot; target="_blank" class="bb-url">Shoes. One sole is hot pink, the other is electric blue.</a><br><a href="http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/c/0/0/a9/b/AAAADLWT5MEAAAAAAKmxxA.jpg?v=1264372727000"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">Reptar Jacket (I can't find a picture of the other one)</a><br><a href="http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_4fO6C-5PSKk/SiFJe4buhEI/AAAAAAAAAIs/Dr7RoQez4yw/s400/img-thing.jpeg"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">Yellow skinny jeans</a><br><a href="http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/b/0/0/56/6/AAAAC-RSO9oAAAAAAFZuYw.jpg?v=1245799382000"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">Dino belt (just... as a belt, not a wristband</a><br><a href="http://demoshop.breadandpepper.com/media/products/headphones/sherbet-headphone_jpg_800x600_crop_upscale_q85.jpg"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">Headphones</a><br><a href="http://www.kaboodle.com/hi/img/b/0/0/154/b/AAAAC3Xa1j0AAAAAAVS54g.jpg"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">Shirt</a><br><br>Really, just do your own thing, wear what you like. If you REALLY like the dark 'emo' style, well...<br>expect to never have color in your wardrobe again, apart from red and purple.<br>I myself love color too much for that. xD
    2eldxsm.png
  • I guess I would classify myself as "scene/emo". Like all the dark makeup and lots of black but I also love neon colors. I'm going to be dyeing my hair semi-permanent dark brown and getting some clip in neon hair extensions. Kazuko, I LOVE THE SKITTLES OUTFIT(= It so looks like something I would wear! I actually have purple, purple tiedye with rips and pink tiedye with rips skinny jeans. Im so sad my butt got too big to wear my red/black striped skinny jeans ),: My friend's mom said they looked like something Mick Jagger would wear (;
    51rezb.jpg
  • Trianna wrote:
    Hate me if you will, but why the hell would you decide to be "emo"... The fact is, all the emo kids I've ever known had serious mental issues that ended up in suicide attempts and institutionalization... they didn't chose to be that way, and I don't know why anyone would. The people who act like something they aren't because they think it's cool piss me off to no end, mostly because it's like a slap in the face to people who are the way they are for a reason. Guess what, I like wearing black and lots of eyeliner, and I'm quiet too, but it doesn't make me emo. I could go on about this forever, but I guess all I really have to say is trying to fit a label, especially a negative one, is pretty stupid in my opinion, and will probably end up just making you hated... Be yourself, dress how you want, but don't try to make yourself something you aren't.
    <br><br><br>I would have to strongly agree with Trianna, on this. Growing up all the way till now, everyone's first reaction of me was that I'm an emo/punk rocker/rocker (those are just some of the lables I've gotten, there's a HUGE list -.-) Hell, even my first roommate and her family were afraid of me lol. People (including my family) today still find it weird/awkward/miracle that I wear color clothes. But growing up from 13 till the adult age I am now, I suffered a lot from depression and still do. It's a struggle and it's horrible that I still have to deal with it. Black has always been my favorite color, I felt comfortable wearing it, eye liner was the only make up I knew how to use -.- And the whole time growing up, I thought I was just being myself, until people started labling me. I tried to change my ways to get rid of that lable, but I would be lying on who I really was. So, what I'm trying to say is just be yourself and don't go into something trying to fit in, makes life so much easier.
    83ued_zps40542328.png
  • My mom and grandma have been trying to get me into dresses and skirts and cutesy little sweaters but I have always been more comfortable in neon skinny jeans =P So I've been trying to please my family and wear what they want me to wear but I just feel like I can't be myself in stuff like that. My grandma hates me dressing like that. She thinks I'm going to end up like my cousin. My cousin wears lots of black and vans and converse and dark make up. My family thinks I'm going to turn out like her because I dress sort of like her. She has been married and divorced and has an autistic kid because she did "bad stuff" when she was pregnant and now she has ANOTHER baby with a 17 year old (she is 25). This probably should have been in Vent but whatever. So I tink I'm going to try being my emo/scene black/neon converse/vans wearing self and see how that works out.
    51rezb.jpg
  • I know I'm totally late for this but.. I could give you a huge list of advice. 0.0 Literally. Most of the stuff I've read about the personalities are wrong though, stereotypical. But eh.. everyone has their own personality and everyone has their own experiences with different groups. I've been friends/family with Emos for years. And every group has their mess ups, that's what people are always judging on. : / Just Be Yourself. Have fun doing it. That's all that matters. But you can always message me for any advice or tips on how to DRESS emo. It wont make you hated, dunno where that came from. :| I know that it hasn't brought any hostility towards me, only the people that judge to quickly are afraid, but why would you want to be friends with those people anyway? I'm a proud scene/emo = ..>>Sce-mo KiDDz<<.. xD<br><br>P.s. We dress almost the same, I'm into the lacey emo stuff though. Although our love for CONVERSE are the exact same. xD
    Goodbye old VP, hello disaster. xD