Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Band =P We Suck

edited October 2011 in Vent
I'm in the youth band at my church and you may think "Oh show up, play stupid churchy songs bleh" well actually we play on Wed. night youth service which starts at 6:30. We have to get there at 5:15 to warm up and practice. Thursdays we play at a Bible Study and have to be there at 8:30 am to practice. Then we have regular band practice Thursdays from 3:30 to 5:30 so we work super hard. Sunday we spent 5 hours listening to new music and going over/playing what we were listening to.<br> Band Members:<br>Jenna: Lead Vocalist<br>James: Back Up Vocalist<br>Josh: Lead Vocalist, Brother if James<br>Reed: Lead Electric/Power Electric, Brother of Jenna<br>Cory: Lead Electric/Power Electric<br>Hannah: Keyboard on Wed. and Accoustic on Thurs.<br>Wesley: Drummer<br>Kadin: Power Electric/Accoustic<br>ME!!!: Acoustic and sometimes electric(:<br><br>This morning (thursday), we were supposed to play three songs in front of a bunch of little kids and we had only gone over the songs once. We started practicing You Are Good by Israel Houghton with James singing and it SUCKED!!! Nobody knew where they were supposed to come in, James didn't really know the words, etc. So we had to switch to Furious by Jeremy Riddle which NONE of the kids knew and quite frankly didn't understand. The words are "His is fierce his love is strong it is furious, his love is sweet his love is wild, and it's waki g hearts to life". No eight year old is going to understand that! Then when we were playing You Never Let Go by Matt Redman, Wesley counted us off double-time so it was too fast and Reed didn't play the Intro right. Then on Revelation Song by Kari Jobe, all the guitar players except Reed dropped their picks AND Jenna forgot the words to the third verse so she sang the second one and threw EVERYONE off. =P I just needed to vent to someone about that.
51rezb.jpg
"I feel infinite." -The Perks of Being a Wallflower