Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Death and Depression

edited September 2011 in Vent
Lately I have been feeling depressed. I used to have lots of friends. Now they all worship this girl who hates me. They like me until she walks by then BAM they are her new best friends. I usually end up sitting by myself or with the guys at church, parties etc. I miss having people that would listen to me and not interrupt our conversation to run off with the evil witch. Chloe (aka the evil witch) used to make fun of my clothes when I went through my punk stage. For example: I got purple highlights for my birthday so my hair was wavy blonde with purple streaks in it. She told me I looked like Medusa in an old horror movie. She also spread rumors that I liked my best guy friend and people BELIEVED HER! Everyone knows she's a liar and my best friend even said she didn't like her but when she comes around thy are all over her. All the guys like her and several boys have told me I'm prettier than her and nicer and funnier because I will actually talk to them and not like act like they are mutants or something. So yeah, I'm a loser with no friends =P<br><br>On to other things. I go to this bible study thing with some friends. I was in a class with this guy (Eli) that I sort of like and we are friends. I knew his mom and she was really nice. One Thursday he was saying how much he loved his mom and was so glad he had her. Friday night, we got am email that Eli's parents were in a motorcycle crash. His mom died on impact and his dad died during surgery. Eli is only 15. He currently lives with his sister who is 19 in their parents house. He has an older brother who is married with kids but he won't let Eli and his sister Candace stay with him. I was in shock when I heard about Eli's parents. When someone would die it never early affected me, until it happened to someone I knew. I had talked to his mom just the day before her death. I feel so bad everytime I think about Eli. I wonder how he's doing. I haven't seen him since February. Keep Eli and Candace in your prayers.
51rezb.jpg
"I feel infinite." -The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Comments

• Firstly advice on your 'friends'<br>So all your friends have gone of with this girl you dont like instead of you. Well thats not very friendly of them, I had my best friend in high school and she was my only friend and then she ended up hanging round with the people who bullied me. So I totally know how that feels. The best thing to do is not to let it bother you, go hang around the people who you feel most comfortable around, if it's guys hang around with them. There's nothing stopping you. <br>If the bullying carries on tell someone, a parent, a teacher, a friend, anyone in real life. Teachers and parents can do the most. I told my parents and they gave me confidence, they told me that if you ignore the bully then the bully will get bored and move onto someone else, now I had EVERY name called to me, for them I was everything horrible, and it was aweful. But I never let them see that it was getting me down. I'd go home and come on here and talk to my best friend on VP about it all, he listened and gave advice and it helped. So if you ever need someone to talk to PM me.<br><br>Secondly about Eli's mother<br>I'm sorry to hear that shes gone, and no one will ever replace her. All you can do for Eli is be there and support him, be there when he needs to talk about it, don't push him, let him come to you. If you push him to talk about it he wont. Just hang around with him like normal, and tell him that if he ever needs to talk about it you'll be there. It's horrible when someone dies, and all the people who are close to the person who has died need is someone to talk to, to cry on, for someone to be there. See if your parents will help, see if they can help him and be there if he needs to talk. He needs all the support he can get, so if you can ask family members that know him well, and any of his friends that know about it and that want to help. So he knows that he has support around him. <br><br>Sorry for the real long reply but thought you needed it :) Seriously though if you need to talk to someone PM me :D I'm willing to talk about anything, and I will give you advice from my experiences. I lost my best friend in 2007, and I'm actually only just recently in the last year feeling better about it, I still miss him everyday but before I didn't have support, I didn't feel like I could talk to my friends and family, so I bottled it up. Until now, when I have a perfect relationship where I can tell him anything, and now I don't feel like my best friend is on the top of my mind and i can concentrate on other things. <br><br>People say time is a great healer and I agree, you need time and support to get over something, so try and be there, if you dont know what to say, dont say anything just listen. :D
    forum_by_behold_the_survivor-d65hr8n.jpg
    Staircase from Malleni Stock at DeviantArt
  • Thanks (: And it's ok I like leaving long replies too. I've talked to my mom about the girl I don't like and she has given me advice about how not to let her get to me so I'm feeling better about it. And if I ever need someone to talk to I will pm you.
    51rezb.jpg
    "I feel infinite." -The Perks of Being a Wallflower
  • I'll pray for you and Elli, death is a myserious thing. It can happen to anyone at anytime, a part of life. I personally know the impact it leaves behind, I'm sorry for your loss but trust in the Lord and know he is all knowing and there are certain things man can not conceive. Don't worry about friends, trust me... when you leave high school and get on with life (H.S. isnt everything, even though it might seem as if it is) or middle school... which ever it is you get my point. Have faith, that will get you through this :) Don't care what other people think, care about what you think.
    siggy.png