Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sig help and A/c Qs

edited September 2011 in Questions/Support
So I fixed my sig because it was too long, just removed the bottom banner. I left the coding the same (you can see it) and now my banner doesn't show up. I can't figure out what I did wrong. Help?<br><br>Also, I use to event before I left and a few of my dogs with super high a/c (like 900+) use to always place 1st, 2nd at the lowest. Now they aren't even placing and the dogs beating them are just regular dogs. Is it no longer an advantage? Just wondering what happened. No offense to anyone about the "regular dogs" thing. It's just the only way to word it.
paranoid.png

Comments

• When you go into your signature, make sure the "Disable BBCode" is unchecked. That will allow for your banner to show up. :)<br><br>Adaptability and courage had a cap put in place for eventing. Only 250 of adapt/courage is counted for eventing. This was implemented to make it more fair, make breeding have a purpose (other than 10x4s), and give a more equal opportunity for users to enter and succeed (or fail) in the eventing department.
    35ea329b-0292-43cf-beb5-41d1eb59699a_zpsc271b0c6.jpg
    On an indefinite hiatus.
  • <span style="font-size:85"><span style="color:#400040">When was the cap put on? I completely missed that.</span></span>
    tuffalways_zpszw4dws9d.png<br>
  • The cap was implemented around mid-June this year. :)
  • Well... not to sound bad or anything but. I purposely dyed several dogs (nuetered dogs mind you) because of their showing abilities due to high a/c. Had I known this would have been put into effect I wouldn't of because the only reason they were special to me was because of showing. Now they're just regular dogs, that seems pretty unfair... Trophy dogs beat mine all the time because they're "special" why couldn't we keep our a/c? this is just like the aggro cap- stupid. Sorry, I'm pretty irritated about the whole thing, not taking it out on you. Just maybe you can explain because you're an OP and a well respected individual in my eyes.<br><br>Thank you Ana :)
    paranoid.png
  • The cap was implemented due to the comments on this thread: <a href="http://virtualpups.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=75043"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">viewtopic.php?f=18&t=75043</a><br><br>I had my best eventer (which had 1k C/A and a nigh on 100% WPS record) "ruined" by the implementation of a cap because, aside from A/C, it's stats were very poor. It was disappointing at first, but instead of getting upset over it, I worked up a line of dogs bred specifically for an event and am in the process of winning with those instead. And, because I actually had to work to achieve them, I feel much more proud when they win. I'm sorry you feel your dyed dogs are now worthless.
  • I think somebody should guide me to showing then because I have a 10x4, fully trained/stat maxed Basenji and he's only got a few 2nds and 3rds the whole time I've shown him. And he's been tried in everything several times. I mean, he's been beat by imports and way lower statted dogs... (not because of a/c) I just stopped showing him because I didn't want to bother aging him if he can't even place in an event. I've never won because my dog had higher stats or better training... it's always seemed like guesswork to me. I've never seen proof... Heck I've got 7x4/8x4 Novas, Labs, Spaniels... plenty of them get beat by lower statted/less trained dogs. So somebody explain how that is. If stats and training are suppositely the way to win events.
    paranoid.png
  • When it comes to breeding especially for showing, you concentrate on the stats for a certain event. Like On some events having higher speed/endy/intel and such is what makes dogs win. So like greyhounds with the highest endy and speed do really awesome in racing and people bred their lines especially for speed, kinda like you would with hyper on getting 10x4's on a lot of breed.<br><br>Don't know if thats what you meant but if not just specify what you meant.
    vq5cvp.png

dragonbar_572073.png
  • What particular stats about your 10x4 stand out in comparison to other eventers? The events which noticeably depend upon certain stats would be racing (speed), weight pulling (strength), and conformation (breed standard). Some events, like conformation, would allow for an import to beat a 10x4. You will also want to ensure that you still have 100 in the handling skill. <br><br>After the cap was implemented, it appeared that some events do not judge properly. Whether or not this is true hasn't been discovered yet, as the game owners haven't been able to look into it specifically yet. A list of those event types which are considered to be flawed can be found here. <a href="http://virtualpups.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=76158"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">viewtopic.php?f=17&t=76158</a> This means, in certain events you will see imports/lower statted dogs beating dogs which should have won. It's frustrating, I know. The only thing we can do for events like that is to keep breeding our lines to be the best they possibly can, so when events are fixed, we have them at our disposal.<br><br>This eventing guide shows the stats that each event requires to exceed. If you're eventing in what appears to be a broken event category (i.e., herding), this might not be true at the moment. It is, however, a good way to start breeding your line(s) for a specific purpose. <a href="http://virtualpups.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=45511"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">viewtopic.php?f=16&t=45511</a> If you wanted to event weight pullers, you'd want to select a large mastiff-like breed, and breed specifically for high strength. If you wanted to event in mushing, you would focus on endurance, speed, and strength.
    35ea329b-0292-43cf-beb5-41d1eb59699a_zpsc271b0c6.jpg
    On an indefinite hiatus.