Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thank you, VP.

<span style="font-size:85">I always get nostalgic towards VP around this time of year. I've been on VP for nearly 7 years now(53 days to my 7th year here!), and I've had some rough times, but a lot of it is outweighed by the better times.<br><br>When I first came on VP I was young, naive, immature, and annoying. You guys put up with that!<br>I've left the game numerous times, though not for very long periods. I always came back. I've taken hiatuses from the game for several reasons: being bored, being grounded, but usually it was from being hurt.<br><br>When I was around 12-13 years old, I was personally attacked on here. I was called names, I was insulted, I was hurt. At that age, I didn't really understand online bullying and I didn't report it. But I was hurt, and you all helped me through that. Since my confidence was pretty much shattered, you all helped me build it back up. <br><br>I think not long after that, Moony started VP player rewards and I was overwhelmed with the kindness everyone showed not just me, but each other. <br><br>Like every community, we have our rough patches. We argue, we hurt each others' feelings--unintentionally and intentionally, and we can be just plain mean to each other. But one thing that is constant and never changes is a player's willingness to offer assistance to someone new or someone struggling.<br><br>While VP is just a game, I've learned a lot. About dogs, about people, and everyone here. It is such a unique opportunity to be able to meet a whole group of people with similar interests as you. Where I live now, nobody cares about their dogs. They spend their days and nights in pens outside with little to no interaction. I <span style="font-style:italic">love</span> being able to come onto VP and converse with people who love their pets just as much as I do.<br><br><br>Long story short, VP isn't just a game to me anymore. It's been a long time friend to me just as everyone else playing has. <br>Thank you VP for everything. </span>
2mhssbd.png

Comments

• edited August 2011 207.5.120.2
    <span style="font-size:85"><3 ya Dreamy! ;D<br><br>
    While VP is just a game, I've learned a lot. About dogs, about people, and everyone here. It is such a unique opportunity to be able to meet a whole group of people with similar interests as you. Where I live now, nobody cares about their dogs. They spend their days and nights in pens outside with little to no interaction. I love being able to come onto VP and converse with people who love their pets just as much as I do.<br><br><br>Long story short, VP isn't just a game to me anymore. It's been a long time friend to me just as everyone else playing has. <br>Thank you VP for everything.
    <br>I have to admit this is SO true for me too! Some of the people on here are better friends then I have in RL! This is why I couldnt actually ever leave VP, I tried but even though I still had some peoples contact info, I didnt have everyone that was my friends contact info, so it made me sad not talking to them all. </span>
    qqz5hd.png
    I <3 Keith Urban!
  • <span style="font-size:85"><span style="color:#0000FF">Two thumbs up Dreamers!<br>Very nicely said (: <3<br>ilu Dreameth!! haha</span></span>
  • <span style="font-size:85">Aww, thanks Myst! <3<br><br>I completely understand. This most recent hiatus I took, I had contact with a few people, but a lot of them I rarely ever talked to off of VP and I really missed them! <br>Plus, I don't have any friends in real life. Just where I live, even besides the dogs, the culture is so different from how I grew up that I can hardly find anyone that wants to get on anything more than a "Hi, Bye" relationship. Which, again, is why VP is great. It doesn't matter how you look or where you come from, just be polite and you'll get on fine.<br><br><br>I love Finny and Conbat too! <333</span>
    2mhssbd.png
  • <span style="color:#FF00BF"><3</span>
    12.png
    Thanks for the lovely banner, Nickel :)
  • dreammyy! <333<br><br>but I agree hundred precent with your post. vp has been a solace for me these past years, and although i've pretty much quit, I still remember all the great times I shared with buddies here. vp will always be in my heart, no matter how childish the game is. (;
    bluehh.