Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A few little ideas...

edited June 2011 in Game Suggestions
Heres some ideas i thought of for the game, sorry if they have already been mentioned.<br><br>1. I don`t know about anyone eles but I find it really annoying when you post on something only once and you don`t really want to keep track of it and then it keeps on popping back up the list on your, view all posts, page. So i was thinking if you could make a button like you do with messages which lets you delete topics off your, view all post, page. That would be great!<br><br>2. I quite like the idea of makeing illnesses be made so dogs could catch them and then rescues could heal them to make more income for then.<br><br>3. Insted of having loads of novice kennels to put dogs for certain things in, could we have like a few different rooms in our kennel to like name and we can find those dogs if we enter the name of the room?<br><br>4. And the last one I can think of now is to make a button on puppy plaza which allows you to enter in an amount of money which you can see the dogs which are for sale for that much.

Comments

• 1. I don't think they can do much when it comes to the forums. They didn't code the forms, it's kinda a pre-set thing.<br><br>2. It'd be interesting, but it'd take a lot of thought to figure out just how everything effects the dog, and then special coding for that too. But it would be nice for Rescues to have more of a point.<br><br>3. It sounds awesome in theory, but I don't know how well it'd work. It'd need to be a sponsor-only feature, and it would also probably mean that sponsors don't get the additional 9 accounts.<br><br>4. This would be good to have.
    2eldxsm.png
  • I like the forums idea, but I don't think it can be done, like Kaz said.<br><br>I've seen this mentioned time after time, and it's come to a point where I never bother with it anymore. My opinion, however, in times like these, I believe this would add detail to the game, help rescues earn money, maybe even bring it back a bit. However, once again, Kaz is right, this would need someone to sit down and really work on this.<br><br>I like this, as I'd like to be able to separate breeding stock, from showdogs, to others. But I don't think it's necessary. It would certainly make things easier on me, but how I have my dog's now is survivable.<br><br>I like this, there are many times when I want just what I'm willing to pay, but whenever someone suggests something related to searching, the same thing pops up. How much will it slow VP down? The more thorough a search is, the longer it takes.
    FrostBite_zpsab645aba.png
  • 1. I hate when I'm bored and go and post on a game, then later visit the View your posts page, see the red lines, and get all excited! Only to find out it's a game someone replied to. xD I WOULD love this, but like Melty and Kaz said, don't think it's possible, sadly.<br><br>2. That would be great! It would take a while, and what illnesses would they be? How easy would they be to catch? Are puppies more susceptible to it, etc, there's a lot of things to think about there. Sometimes the game feels <span style="font-style:italic">too</span> easy, and sometimes I like, sometimes it's annoying, this would add a challenge though in keeping your dogs healthy. Responsible kennels would make more for selling healthy puppies, and like Melty said, it would bring rescues back, and it could help the VP economy. I do love this idea, I believe it has been mentioned before.<br><br>3. I love this idea! Like different kennel areas/runs. Maybe we could have a maximum of three novice kennels instead? I think that would be enough. I would love to be able to separate my lines from my Greyhounds, my studs from my regular males, my eventing dogs from my rescues, my dogs for sale from my never-for-sales, etc. With this option there wouldn't really be a need for extra novices. It would cut down the number of kennels being made possibly.<br><br>4. Like Melty said, it would take a lot longer to search. This is one of your ideas I could do without. I'm just fine looking through the for sale list. This would definitely be a great thing to add, just most of us an stand without it, and the long searching time it might take.
  • 1. I'm not really sure what you mean by this. <br><br>2. That would be really cool! It would be kind of hard to figure out however. Are there certain things that cause illness? Are there illnesses that can be deadly? Do the illnesses simply effect the dog's performance, or make it impossible to train, breed, or event them? I really think rescues need more of a purpose, the "healing" makes no sense because it doesn't even help the dog. A stat boost would also be good.<br><br>3. I believe all kennels are going to be made into a one login type thing, so this wouldnt' be nessacary. <br><br>4. Cool idea, but maybe instead of an exact price, it could be a price range? Like 10k-50k. That way you wouldn't need to sort through cheap, useless rescues, or super expensive dogs you can't afford.
    14xmkg0.png
    Goals: 13/50million VPC
  • <br> "healing" makes no sense because it doesn't even help the dog.<br><br>
    <br>Actually, healing increases the condition of the dog. You can do the same exact thing though by taking turns. xD
  • Collie 99 wrote:
    Heres some ideas i thought of for the game, sorry if they have already been mentioned.<br><br>1. I don`t know about anyone eles but I find it really annoying when you post on something only once and you don`t really want to keep track of it and then it keeps on popping back up the list on your, view all posts, page. So i was thinking if you could make a button like you do with messages which lets you delete topics off your, view all post, page. That would be great!
    "View your posts" is simply that, it's all threads that you have commented on. If you don't care to see replies to your posts or the topic, I'd suggest not posting. Or do like I do and simply look through each section of the forum for topics titles that catch my attention or topics marked with star that indicates I've posted on it. It is not something we can change as it's part of the forum coding which is copyrighted by the company who designed the forums, not Offleash Media or Virtual Pups. It cannot be changed without violating that copyright.<br><br>
    Collie 99 wrote:
    2. I quite like the idea of makeing illnesses be made so dogs could catch them and then rescues could heal them to make more income for then.
    Perhaps one of the old timers can confirm this, but I believe when Nef owned the game, this feature was in one of her other games. It was never instituted on this game because players on the other game hated having to halt training or eventing in order to "heal" their animals, missing out on turns and such. It's supposed to be a game for players to have fun, not be completely frustrated when they run across a bunch of bad luck and have a bunch of their dogs sick and needing a rescue kennel to heal them before anything else can be done. Especially if there doesn't happen to be any rescues online or willing to do the service at the time they are.<br><br>
    Collie 99 wrote:
    3. Insted of having loads of novice kennels to put dogs for certain things in, could we have like a few different rooms in our kennel to like name and we can find those dogs if we enter the name of the room?
    The entire reason sponsors are allowed the extra kennels is just for this purpose. As iluvdogs stated, we are starting alpha testing on the new version of VP which won't require you to sign in and out of accounts, basically making it more like what you say, there will be different kennels or rooms you can access once you sign into your account.<br><br>
    Collie 99 wrote:
    4. And the last one I can think of now is to make a button on puppy plaza which allows you to enter in an amount of money which you can see the dogs which are for sale for that much.
    This is something that is feasible, although right now, with coding as it is, it would lag the game too much. It may be something that can be done with the recoded version.
    <span style="background-color: rgb(255, 204, 0);">Along for the ride!</span><br>
  • I like the idea on forum posts. It annoys me a bit seeing something new was posted on but a topic I don't really care about/follow anymore. Is there a way the maker can be contacted and asked permission to change that? Only other thing I can think of is if a new forum was created but then I would think old posts on here couldn't be transferred or would come with legal complications in trying to do so and whatever other issues may come up, aside from it maybe being difficult or too time consuming. I've thought about suggesting being able to remove them from your view list on your own but am glad to find this and that it was given an answer already.<br><br>As for the different rooms, I like that as well. But it wouldn't be considered necessary. I have a suggestion to that though. If you have proof of Sponsorship, can the 20 dog limit be removed? I know there might be an issue where some people might try to sell them to novices or whatever for profit since it's something they can't have, but I would think that wouldn't be a problem with all of your kennels being linked together by a single log in anyways. Something to contemplate ideas on? Personally, I'd like to keep all my wolves in one kennel but kinda can't when the restriction is 20 dogs and I have say 100 of them.
    Do you like my training? Reccommend me here =)
    Main/Training Kennel, Boarding Kennel, Breeding Kennel

~Visit my main kennel for links to my on going auctions~