Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will this hurt?

edited April 2011 in Vent
I'm getting 2 baby teeth pulled tomorrow. They're not even loose but the big teeth are coming in. I don't mind the shots, I've gotten them before, they hurt but they're not that bad. I'm just so nervous. I hate the dentist! I'm gonna be nervous all day at school and not be able to relax. :cry:
14xmkg0.png
Goals: 13/50million VPC

Comments

• A couple of years ago I had my wisdom teeth taken out. I was nervous too. After I woke up from the ana...I'm not even going to try to spell it,lol I'll call it the "sleepy medicine". Anyways, when I woke up from the sleepy medicine, I didn't really feel anything in my mouth, but I did have a headache. Over the next few days there was some pain in my mouth, but it wasn't unbearable.
    5x236g.jpg
  • Honestly, even cleanings/check ups scare me. Feeling them pulling out my tooth, the blood all over, I just hate the whole idea.
    14xmkg0.png
  • Yea, that's why they knock you out. That's what they did to me atleast.
    5x236g.jpg
  • Oh.. I'm terrified of the dentist. When I went to get teeth pulled he told me that all I would feel was "pressure"..it damn well hurt though!! Afterwords it hurt even worse, I ended up wishing that they had never pulled the teeth in the first place because a sore tooth hurt less then getting it ripped out. Anywho..in the long run it was good for me and stopped hurting after all. It only hurt for like..two days maybe. I was just being overly dramatic during the healing process because Ima big baby! xD<br><br>The needles for me were the worst part during the whole process.. so if you don't think thats bad you'll be fine. : )
  • When I got some of my baby teeth pulled out it wasn't that bad. They weren't loose or anything, all I feel was a little pull and then it just hurt for a couple of minuets. Don't worry you'll be fine :) Well that's what it was like for me, I think my brother was more scared watching me get them pulled out by the dentist. <br><br>Haha and speaking of wisdom teeth, after I woke up from getting mine pulled out, the nurse came in and told me my mom was there and I looked over and said she wasn't my mom and that she was a panda bear. And then on the way home I saw bananas driving cars, and I growled at a grizzly bear jogging down the street. :)
    DogWithGirl.jpg
    Here have a band-aid
  • <br>Haha and speaking of wisdom teeth, after I woke up from getting mine pulled out, the nurse came in and told me my mom was there and I looked over and said she wasn't my mom and that she was a panda bear. And then on the way home I saw bananas driving cars, and I growled at a grizzly bear jogging down the street. :)
    <br>LOL That's hilarious! Man, why can't anything cool like that happen to me? lol
    5x236g.jpg
  • Oh and then when I got home I tried catching the ceiling fan that was spinning (My parents stopped me before I could) Then some of my friends came over and I started petting one of my friend's face calling her kitty :)
    DogWithGirl.jpg
    Here have a band-aid
  • AHAHAHA!<br><br>One time I had surgery done, and when I came to, I rolled over and told my mom to "get the (bleep)ing doctor so I can punch him". The dctor left the room quickly,lol
    5x236g.jpg
  • Haha you must of scared that doctor pretty bad!
    DogWithGirl.jpg
    Here have a band-aid
  • I, personally, wouldn't worry too much about it. :p<br>I had both of my bottom incisors pulled when I was about 10-12 or so without any local anaesthetics, I don't think it hurt at all. Only thing that ended up hurting was my head from the damn dentist making rude, unnecessary comments and jokes that he must this are just so damn <span style="font-style:italic">hilarious</span>.<br>>.> No, actually I don't enjoy making rude jokes to people when my fingers are in their mouth and they have a rather high jaw pressure for the average human. Did you know that a human can actually bite off another human finger? He obviously didn't. <.<<br>I hate the guy, and I've refused to go to the dentist until we get a new one. I'd rather not have a lawsuit we can only pay by using our house and/car because he makes an extremely rude comment and I snap my mouth down on his fingers. *sigh*<br>Anywho..that story might had made you more nervous, but just think that you're in control and can bite his fingers off(: Just don't actually do it xD But I doubt the actual pulling will be bad. :p I had almost no blood, no anaesthetic, no warning, and an unbearably rude dentist. I'm sure yours (and everyone elses in the worlds) dentist is much more polite.(:<br><br>>.><br><.<<br>*grumbles*
    az7051.jpg<3
  • Getting teeth pulled is no biggy, especially if they're just baby teeth. That's nothing compared to wisdom teeth, they don't even have to put you to sleep. You'll be numb through the whole thing. I have every single last one of my baby teeth pulled at the dentist because none of my adult teeth came in in the right spots to make them loose enough to pull myself. I never once lost a tooth at home on my own because they never got loose. They'll numb you with a topical (on the skin) ointment before they give you the novocaine (numbing shot), and you won't feel a thing when they pull them out. They'll shove some gauze in your mouth to soak up whatever blood is there so you can form a clot and they'll tell you not to drink out of a straw for a few days or spit when you brush your teeth, and you'll be good as new. ;p
    <span style="font-size: 10pt;">rLHC1jx.gif </span><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">sophierue.png</span><span style="font-size: small;"> </span></div><div><span style="font-size: small;">oh I swear to ya, I'll be there for ya.
    10.31.10 ❤
    </span></div>
  • I am so with you on the hating dentist part lol. But, as long as you are numbed it doesn't hurt... your cheeks just feel really chubby after and for a few minutes you can't really taste anything but that's about it, sometimes your mouth with hurt after but not very often. I have had my teeth pulled several times sadly lol
  • Guys, it was SO EASY! I was incredibly nervous and kept bugging my friends and even teachers at school, asking them if it would hurt and what not. Then I got there and had to wait forever! I normally have another dentist that I hate, he names all his tools and tests them on your finger and over explains everything and says nothing will hurt and once when I was like 12 he asked me if I knew how to count to 30! >.><br>But this dentist was amazing. He explained what they were going to do, but he didn't take 10 minutes to explain one thing, he just got it over with. He was making jokes with me, but not rude jokes, and I felt comfortable with him to ask him questions and stuff. He gave me like 5 shots, 3 of which did not hurt at all. The one in the top of my mouth was terrible but it was over in a few seconds. Then he pulled and I heard some cracking, but I didn't feel a thing and it was over in 3 seconds. <br><br>My mouth is still numb and bleeding and I couldn't talk for a long time which was terrible. I also have to go back to get 2 more on the other side done. I feel so much better about it now though. Thanks for the support guys, Sea Oats, you were exactly right about what they would do and tell me!
    14xmkg0.png