Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any writers on here?

edited April 2011 in General Discussion
Fox has wanted to hold some sort of writing competition on the forums for quite some time. Of course, I'll be involved with the making of the whole competition since he's a lazy bum!! xD And he says I "attract people to threads".. some excuse, right??<br><br>I just wanted to know if there are any writers here? Does anyone enjoy writing? It's going to be a contest, so there will be prizes.. does that motivate you to write?? xD I'm a writer myself, I love it. But I only enjoy writing about things that inspire me. Sure, I could write a 400 page essay about the scientific method (in other words, boring, for me atleast), but I just feel more passionate about writing when it's about something I enjoy, something I feel strongly for. Anyway.. if me and dear Foxy were to hold a competition for the who could write the best passage about a certain (broad) topic, is there any possibility that you'd participate?? I had so much fun running the easter egg hunt, and it turned out so well, that I can't help but do something again!!

Comments

• *raises my hand and jumps up and down*<br>ME! ME! ME! ME!!!!!!!!!!!!.........<span style="font-size:50">*takes a chill pill*</span>
    5x236g.jpg
  • I've tried something like this before, but it's never gone well. I'd be totally interested in participating though =p
    2eldxsm.png
  • Perfect! I'd be happy to do it even with just two people! (lol)<br><br>Yeah.. I've seen a few of these deemed unsuccessful. Seems like people just don't find writing fun. I imagine it's going to be a little hard for me to find people that can ACTUALLY WRITE as opposed to people that will just throw together a simple paragraph in hopes of winning a prize. But.. I have confidence that you two are intelligent.. especially since you're both females and females are smarter then males. HAH! (I say this because Fox, the co-operator of this future competition refuses to admit the female's superiority when it comes to intelligence, and everything else, and I know he'll read this.) xD
  • Yes! I am woman, hear me roar!
    5x236g.jpg
  • Maybe give someone a basic story idea, or a song and tell people to write something based on that? Personally, I love writing song-fics.
    2eldxsm.png
  • Yes! I am woman, hear me roar!
    <br><br>Roar?? Women purr!! :shock: (hah)<br><br>@ Kaz: A song-fic? I've never done that before. With the type of music I listen to anyone would have a hard time writing about it. xD Actually.. maybe not the intelligents (this is what I call the intelligent people I know O.O)
  • Or even let them pick their own song? "Pick a love song and write a story involving it" or something?
    2eldxsm.png
  • Well, I roar<br><br>Oh, I like Kaz's idea!
    5x236g.jpg
  • I'm a "writer." Although I'm not very good. Short stories are my weakness. For me, no story should be short. I'm not good at endings! xD
  • I'll mention that to Fox, I'm not to big on love songs but I get where you're going with this, I would love for it to have something to do with music or song. I'm more of an artistic music listener though, I enjoy stuff like "Moonlight Sonata" and music from Debussy, call me a geek if you must, but I even dance ballet xD. Have any of you ever heard of Dubstep?? I recently got into that kind of music too. An idea he was more focused on was: Favorite k9 sport/Favorite breed. (obviously he wanted the topic to have something to do with k9s.. since we are on a dog site after all). I was kind of just going to let him do his own thing, and have him give me all of his ideas, then put it together on one big organized thread (like the egg hunt thread), because I LOVE making threads like that. I know the k9 topic he wants to do doesn't seem very... I don't know.. original?? But, he wants extremely vivid descriptions. If you choose the k9 sport topic he wants you to make him love the sport, he wants to feel like he's participated in the sport before and he wants to finish reading your passage feeling like the sport you spoke of is the sport for him and his dogs, (he has a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever and Labrador Retriever by the way, IDK why I'm telling you this, it's vital information maybe?? xD).<br><br>Anway.. I'm starting to ramble, like always. <br><br>Like I said, Fox was more focused on k9 topics but I'm always able to bend him into the direction that I want xD, I love the music idea.. it's definitely a possibilty.. more like a strong probability. : )
  • I'm a "writer." Although I'm not very good. Short stories are my weakness. For me, no story should be short. I'm not good at endings! xD
    <br><br>Well, as long as you consider yourself a writer then you're welcome to join. If you enjoy it, why not do it eh? xD
  • I'd be willing to do this, but I'm only a good writer if I'm given a topic I know something about.. Like.. Horse racing!
    FrostBite_zpsab645aba.png
  • The topic won't be hard. It's not like I'm going to ask everyone to write a passage on Physical Phenomena. It will be something general, like I stated above, maybe something about k9 sport or k9s in general, or maybe something about music. Simple. : )
  • I'd be bad at sports ones. xD I know nothing about canine sports. I'm much more a story-teller than a fact-writer.
    2eldxsm.png
  • I held one with Frost and Coco a while ago. We got a few people but not too many. I'd be interested in joining though.
    14xmkg0.png
    Goals: 13/50million VPC
  • I would totally rock a k9 writing competition, I know TOO MUCH about them. But, I'm not allowed to enter in this one! : ( (lol) Ok, so lets have a vote then..I have..five people interested so far, I'm sure I could get more as soon as I make the actual competition thread. Does everyone here want to write about music?
  • I'd love to write about music
    5x236g.jpg
  • Depends, if you mean "Write an essay about Beethoven", then I don't care either way. xD But if you mean "Write a story about this song" then I'd go for it.
    2eldxsm.png
  • lol..ok ok..I'll look up famous love songs and have you write a "story" about it then.
  • Hehe, I'll do it just to rain on Fox's parade. You should defiantly make it about a song, I have the PERFECT song!
    liglw.jpg
  • Ok, obviously only <span style="font-style:italic">some</span> people like the song idea. So I'll do choices. There will be three genres: Music/k9s/Horses. You can pick one. This way everyone will write about something that pertains to them, something that they can actually get inspiration from. The entries will be judged and the person with the best passage OVER ALL will win. Fox and I will provide example and some specifics. I'm going to create the thread now then come back here and announce when it's done.
  • Sounds awesome! 8D
    2eldxsm.png
  • Cool, make sure you give us a LONG time so I can get my computer mouse back!
    liglw.jpg
  • Yay! You approve!! Since you do, I can officially get started ont he thread! xD (not sarcasm I was really waiting for approval)
  • Yes, you have my all important improval!
    liglw.jpg
  • My comment was directed towards emme AND kaz xD
  • Don't need to wait for my approval. Heavens forbid you give me a bigger ego than I already have. xD *false sense of confidence*
    2eldxsm.png
  • :o Oh, well ex-cus-me! Lol no, but eh am I allowed to pertisepate?
    liglw.jpg
  • of course you're allowed to participate my dear em N em! Although, why would you want the prizes? You already have all of the prizes listed!<br><br>THE CONTEST THREAD IS DONE AND READY!!