Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

*sighs* I need help.. (asking those who are iPod savvy)

edited April 2011 in Vent
So..I go to finally download new songs earlier this evening. I got the gift cards redeemed, bought all the songs I wanted, started to drag and drop (I add manually) the new songs to my iPod. Well. I got the first song on, then it started giving me an error message saying "There is not enough room in (insert player name) to copy all of the requested files. iTunes will copy as many files as possible."<br><br>I'm all like..what the heck? Now before hand my iPod was being a bum and not connecting through the USB cable. Didn't show up under "Computer", didn't show up on iTunes. Well I researched that and found out I could set it to a disc setting? I have no idea how that all works, but apparently I got it XD It read my iPod and everything finally but then the "not enough room" thing comes up. So I spend hours researching this topic, found topics that were similar..great! right? Wrong.<br><br>I can't just reset/restore my entire iPod like suggested answers give. Why? Because the iTunes library on my laptop doesn't hold all of the songs on my iPod >.> It's not the complete list.. I don't wish to lose half of my iPod's songs by restoring it and only having this computer's library to work from. And I've also read replies where it STILL didn't work for some people. I have a lot to lose with this situation (cuz on a side note, I don't even know how to back up my files). I should've been off the laptop a while ago but then these troubles occured.<br><br>Can someone please help? I tried figuring out how to post on the Support thing on the iTunes website but apparently couldn't figure it out. This is kinda just a last resort method cuz I don't know what else to do.. I think there's fees for phone service T.T Said something about within the first 90 days of purchase for phone guidance, and online things were available after that. Idk. I'll end here and answer and further questions to help me solve this. Here's hoping..<br><br>Additional notes that the iTunes things asked to help guide:<br>iPod Nano, second gen -2GB (can hold app. 500 songs)<br>Had 199 songs on it before I messed with it today<br>My laptop is a Dell Inspiron using Windows Vista<br>I add songs to my player manually<br>iTunes is authorized and I downloaded the new version of iTunes today<br>Never had this problem before and have no clue on what to do
Do you like my training? Reccommend me here =)
Main/Training Kennel, Boarding Kennel, Breeding Kennel

~Visit my main kennel for links to my on going auctions~

Comments

• Mmm, I'm usually pretty good with these, and my mom is having the same problem with her iphone but she won't let me take a look at it. Do you have the latest version of iTunes? I'm not sure if that will help or not, because your software is a little different than my iPod's or my mom's iPhone's. If you don't, it pops up when iTunes first opens most of the time it is a quick little update, but It works wonders.
    FrostBite_zpsab645aba.png
  • I figured out my friends faster then her lol, she had had it for over a year almost and I had it for a day and I got the hang of it right away LOL. So it won't connect to the computer? charge it a little if needed and -turn it ON- and plug it into the computer..I think we had a little problem with the connection but not much lol. I'm a mechanical mind although I am not a city person xD
    qqz5hd.png
    I <3 Keith Urban!
  • Thanks guys =) Well I normally never had this problem before. I'm pretty good with technology, I was just iffy about losing my songs and couldn't find any solutions to questions that included that. I wasn't going to wait a week+ for answers though so I just went ahead and restored my iPod. Lost about 60 or so songs..but oh well. Hopefully they're not ones I'll miss.<br><br>I figured out how to back up my songs, so they're on a total of 3 discs in safe keepings as of now. I probably could've done that with my first 60 or so songs had I still had that computer, then it would've been fine (now that I think of it). But unfortunately that was the home computer that mom killed a couple years back >.> Anyways. Everything was connected properly, it's just something that messes up with the system. I did have the new version of iTunes downloaded and that wasn't the problem. I got the connection working already, it was the losing songs issue I wanted to deal with :p <br><br>But yeah. iPod's all fine and dandy, have my new songs. As a tip to people. iTunes doesn't allow you free credits..lol. I had a dollar and 11 cents left so I tried buying a song for a dollar 25 cents and it gave me it, I thought they just didn't mind allowing for the few extra missing cents XD THAT's why they have you put in a credit card number when you make your account..oops :lol: But mom was ok with it. It was just a few cents and I told her the story before hand thinking they gave it to me
    Do you like my training? Reccommend me here =)
    Main/Training Kennel, Boarding Kennel, Breeding Kennel

~Visit my main kennel for links to my on going auctions~