Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Agility Thread

I know there are some people who do agility on here, whether it be for fun or competition. So...if we get enough people interested lets have an agiltiy thread! Share pictures, stories, and training tips! The weather is warming up here and I'm starting agility with my Lab Dixie. It's been going really well so far. So, does anyone know a good way to train weave poles? And also, how far apart should they be? I'm making my own, so a little help would be appreciated. Thanks! <br><br>So far my homemade course had 4 jumps and a ramp. Weave poles coming soon!
14xmkg0.png
Goals: 13/50million VPC

Comments

• I wanna try this when my puppy gets older! But I don't really show dogs, mostly horses and soon cows! (; What age do you normally start your dogs in training for this at?
    qqz5hd.png
    I <3 Keith Urban!
  • I took lessons about a year ago and ive still got lessons paid for this summer. As soon as i get the time i plan on using them LOL
  • WOO HOO!!!! thank you for making this thred I have two border collies that do agility and I'm training my dads boxer puppy at the moument and my two Bcs compeat in docna akc and cpe.<br><br>You can use the weave o magic way the channel weeve way the wire way or two by two way to train your dogs to weave I'll explain them tomorrow but you can find a ton of stuff about it on YouTube and I'm pretty sire the poles are suposed to be 24 inches apart
    liglw.jpg
  • Great news! My dad and I set up weave poles! Dixie is doing them, but I have to lead her through each one and she goes incredibly slow. I guess it will just take some patience. I've been trying to teach the commands "in" and "out" to make it easier for her but I'm not sure how. Any ideas?
    14xmkg0.png
    Goals: 13/50million VPC