Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zyndalee's vent

Comments

• if it helps he is 4 mounths old very big has no attion span and his ears arrnt done being croped sorta so they are still all taped up
    liglw.jpg
  • And I must say, Zyn, I'm glad I fell for your little 1 vpc thing. We might not have become such good friends if I didn't. haha Honestly though, the reason I fell for it was because I wasn't entirely sure what "vpc" stood for them. I just knew it was posted in the Giveaways board so I wanted it. lol
  • LOL i remeber that some one should make a how i meet Zyndalee post but i meet her when i finally started to actualy and get good a t training now because of her i have 6 mil and to me thats a fourtune
    liglw.jpg
  • Ugh. Just got talking to my friend. She has two dog's that have suddenly taken to escaping the yard and running down the street. They've given up on chasing and I guess the neighbors have started calling the cops. Today they went to the shelter, and the fee to get them back was 80 dollars per dog. These dog's get out at least 2 times a week. This isn't their first trip to the shelter, either. These dog's have NO discipline except a few screams when they've really done something. One is a young dog/puppy and the other is full grown. They only command the full grown dog knows is sit, and it isn't fluent. They got this puppy, and instead of teaching it sit, which is the only command they seem to care about it sit. Instead of teaching the pup to sit, they said "Oh, she'll learn from Coco (the full grown dog)". Well, okay. I've heard labs can learn from other dog's, and I respect that but. A year later, this dog jumps, pulls and runs away. The shelter said that if the dog's end up again, they're theirs. Well. They don't "have the money" to fix up the fence and thy refuse tonuse leashes because the dog's pull. I offered to at least try to get some leash manners into these dog's. I'm no expert trainer, maybe one of the worst out there, but my friend said "Oh no, I doubt they'll listen to you." So. Instead of helping her with training, I sat in their extremely comfortable lawn chair for about an hour while my friend screamed at her dog's and smacked them then got wrenched all around the yard. Yup! They listen to you SO much better than they probably would listen to me. The only time I said anything was when she smacked them. Okay, sorry. I'm just peeved.
    FrostBite_zpsab645aba.png
  • I know Zyn. He frustrates me. But I don't get all crazy with them of course, lol. If you tell Fiona (the Maltese poodle mix) "NO!" sternly, she'll just look up at you, panting and wagging her tail. It's kind of annoying how she's constantly happy no matter what. XD
  • lol..a "how I met Zynny thread" would be interesting to say the least. Believe it or not, some people don't like me because I disapprove of the way they train their dogs, and I tell them so xD Maybe it isn't my business, but I refuse to just stand by when someone says that the best way to train your dog is to "hit them with the broom."..anywho..I jsut wanted to let all of you know that I'm so happy I actually found an intellectual bunch to talk to xD You guys are awesome... I'm so happy there are people I can actually relate to when it comes to my animals xD<br><br>If your dog frsutrates you try not to show your frustration while training..like Frost has experienced..dogs can sense that xD and some dogs will actually TRY to make it harder for you..the little evil ones especially xD @ Fin<br><br>As for the dogs escaping and getting out. your friend needs to do more if she wants to keep them, and if she isn't willing to do more then she shouldn't have dogs. You should suggest a harness. The good kinds are almost impossible to escape out of and the dogs wont choke themselves when they pull. @ Frost<br><br>Emme, I remember when you first started doing training for me. THANK YOU, because you actually were cheap..I'm glad I could help you make your fortune dear xD Even if your dog's ears aren't properly healed and trained yet, you can still teach him. The first thing you need to do is STOP the barking and biting, or better yet, control it. Believe it or not, although in Schutz the dog will sometimes bark and the sport is almost fully focused on biting, the dog needs to control both instincts or points will be deducted. The dog just needs to learn patience and how to be mellow in a work place or competition area. There's so much to learn when trying to train a dog to participate in schutz, the dog you train can either be a valuable possesion or a dangerous tool. I've witnessed both. The main thing is CONTROL. Just ask me if you need tips, preferably in PMs...I always run out of space when I post for the public xD
  • Oh hey! Harness. Oh yes. It's coming back. I remember.. they do have a harness for the older dog. WELL. My friend was trying to put it on the older dog to walk her. She couldn't figure out the harness and was getting frustrated and more frustrated, and it was all being taken out on her dogs and me. She was slapping the other dog, which I kept yelling at her for, making it worse. The other dog (a pup at the time) was inside barking and yelping, in her cage. My friend always has the younger dog in a cage. It drives me insane. Okay, she's in the cage because you can't watch her. Fine. She is in the cage and you're watching TV, what? She is a family dog! ANYWAY. My friend would repeatedly shove the older dog's leash into my hand and run inside to go bang on the cage and scream, yell and cuss at the pup. Then I'd yell at her for that. She never got the harness on. When I tried it, she snatched it out of my hands in a couple seconds because I took too long. My god. The kid's got problems. I don't know why I'm friends with her.
  • And by the way..out of agility and weight pulling and disc..Schutzhund was DEFINITELY the most difficult sport. My dogs had the hardest time learning and participating in it..and when I say my dogs I mean BULLY and LALA, and those two are the smartest ones in the bunch. They learned to compete in agility and k9 pull and disc in no time, but Schutz was a whole diff. story..you actually have to make the dog understand that they can't just bite, they have to bite a certain way..they have to have technique, and control, and over all respect.. especially for their owners. Anyway..don't get me started again, I can talk so much about it I wont ever stop xD<br><br>And Gemi..tell your friend to shut it... xD I hate when people say that dogs don't feel, they act only upon instinct. Instinct definitely plays a huge part..but I just know that my dogs listen to more then just instinct when it comes to me. The only way to explain the way that they act for me is LOVE. My dogs would die for me, I know because before Bully was even trained in personal protection he was my protector..from the moment we bonded I was his everything. My friends say they can tell by the way he looks at and constantly watches me that he is completely smitten with me. He saved me from what I describe to people as "a guy that was a little to fond of me"..I wont go into detail, but lets just say that Bully had my back.. xD
  • Frost..I've been friends with some terrible dog owners., after I found out just how terrible they were it broke our friendship to an extent. That girl needs patience. How can she expect to get a dog and not have to work?? Whats the point of her buying the harness if she wont work to figure it out? There's a thing called INSTRUCTIONS..is she aware of that? I've offered to train a lot of my friend's dogs..some were offended, but when they saw just how hard it could be they let me..and their dogs are now the most well behaved on their block. Offer her again..in fact..INSIST. I'm sure you could do a much better job then her.. and if it comes down to it, don't feel bad when her dogs are taken..if anything you should be HAPPY for the dogs.. O.O
  • I try not to let it show. Fiona's at that adoloscent stage where she "can think for herself because she's practically a grown up and besides I'm not her REAL mother anyway" XD she purposely gets on my nerves. Just got to keep patient while she's at this age. *sigh*
  • Finny wrote:
    I try not to let it show. Fiona's at that adoloscent stage where she "can think for herself because she's practically a grown up and besides I'm not her REAL mother anyway" XD she purposely gets on my nerves. Just got to keep patient while she's at this age. *sigh*
    <br><br>lol..well with those dogs you definitely have to be more strict. My stern voice comes out when I'm training those types..and punishment comes much more often. People say that my punishments aren't even bad, but when it comes to my dogs it's not WHAT they're being punished with it's just the fact that they ARE being punished, so the real punishment for them is that they know I'm upset with them, they can't stand when I'm upset with them. Make sense? I could (not that I would) hit Bully with a baseball bat and scream and yell and he would care less, it wouldn't phase him too much.. but as soon as I put my "dissappointed" face on and tell him to get out of my sight because he's done something bad, he has the most crushed expression, he could care less about being physically hurt, but if I emotionally hurt his feelings he turns into a big baby. He'll be depressed for days if I don't call him to me and give him luvings and tell him that I forgive him..it's like he understands.
  • Yes, I understand. If I get upset with Fnley though, he slinks off and hides under the bed or the coffee table and doesn't come out until offer him food or a walk or something. It's pretty sad. But Fiona, I have never seen her sad. Instead of getting sad when we're doing something else and we're too busy to throw her ball for her, she'll growl and growl and growl until you pay her attention. It's not an aggressive growl, she just doesnt know any better. I believe a lot of her bad behavior with other dogs and people comes from not being socialized or taught right from wrong at a young age. Her backyard breeder dumped her at the pound because she couldn't be sold for her ectopic ureter, causing her to pee uncontrollably. She was separated from her mother and littermates at a very young age. The rescue group needed to keep her in a little pen, alone in a room at all times. This was a home-based rescue. She was in a play pen made for babies and had a butt stained with yellow. We adopted her when she was I think 10 weeks old, and she had to have a diaper on all the time until she received her surgeries, which came with the adoption. Hard life for the girl, but anyways the point I was trying to get at is: she needs to be the center of attention at all times.
  • haha..thats how one of my dogs (Isabella) a mastiff, is when it comes to males in the house. She'll try to get all the males attention..whether human or dog. I'm sorry about that..Laru had issues too, and had to be qurantined. She was never properly socialized, which is probably why she killed so many other dogs when she wasnt in my care..but shes good now, shes been trained xD
  • Yeah, both of the dogs are a challenge. Mainly Fiona. lol. How many dogs do you own?
  • EIGHT that are officially mine. But we have fosters all the time. The eight that I have are all participants in a sport and are competed..except for some of my Dogue De Bordeauxs, they are in conformation..thats not a sport.. they also participate in weight pull and agility though..sometimes k9 disc. xD People think I'm crazy cause I'll have all these dogs, and I have a trophy room filled with all their trophies..where else am I supposed to put them?? Recycle?!!<br><br>How about you?
  • Oh wow! Conformation is actually considered a sport, the best family sport. XD O don't consider it a sport though. An activity maybe. A competitive activity. <br><br>I own two dogs: the Maltese and Maltese poodle mix who I refuse to call a Maltipoo. lol. I hope to own a Saluki some day, and I'd love to co-own a dog of any breed to show. I've dreamed of showing dogs in juniors for a long time, just never got the dog for the job. Both of mine are rescues.
  • I instead of O* I hate not being able to edit! Or type on an iPad....anyone who knows me knows I have a serious problem with this thing. Every thread I've posted on, you'll see I've mentioned the stupid iPad somewhere, LOL.
  • I love my ipad!!! I don't really consider it a sport either..just because I like sports that actually push the dog, the sports that are aggressive. I help rescue dogs all the time and adopt them out..which is my way of feeling less guilty when I buy a 10,000 dollar dog for conformation or any of the other sports I do. Aww, if I lived near you I would let you event my woofies xD I let people do it sometimes..when I'm feeling lazyyyy...
  • In juniors, you can only show a dog you or your family owns. If you or your family does not own the dog, you must at least co-own. I've researched it a lot. XD So if I lived by you, since you're not my family I wouldn't be allowed to show for you. Sadly. Also, it's against the rules for juniors to be paid. I don't care about that. I just want something I can have fun tdoing some sort of "competitive activity" with. :P I might be getting an agility set soon to out up in my backyard to train Fiona with. Just for fun, but it would be awesome if he listened to me and could go through the course! She's a smarty pants. That is, if she <span style="font-style:italic">feels like it.</span>
  • Conformation aint a sport more like a hobby that cost alot and takes alot of time but no offense but it ain't even deserve no right grammar.<br><br>I'll try but he is very very smart but his skull is 10 miles think and today he hurt his paw and just slept all day and I felt realy bad because he just laid there doing nothing which is nowhere near like him that and the fact that my dad thinks all dogs are born equal and all breeders are the same so we have learned that he does infact have a small case of mange on his head. Ugh. my dad can be utterly dumb alot of the time <br><br><br>And ya I was thinking about kid napping you and replacing you so I can ride horses fly to japan when ever I want and have TONS of dogs and ya and be able to hate on an iPad but Uh now that you have revealed that your dog used to be a dog killer eh I think he would no the difference and I dont think he would like it<br><br>YOU HAVE A STERN VOICE :shock:
    liglw.jpg
  • I think a "How I met Zynny" thread would be epic. hehe<br><br>I agree, Zyn. I mean, I'm not a great trainer or anything, but I haven't really had the oppurtunity to try to train a dog since I was pretty young. I want to try my hand at it again someday. After all, if having a son didn't teach me some patience then nothing will. The way I see it, dogs are just like toddlers. They need to be stimulated and entertained, they need to be shown love and affection, they need to be shown patience yet you need to make them see you as the boss. Aww, Zynny thinks we're an intellectual bunch. I feel special. hehe You're awesome, too. :) <br><br>Well, my and that girl aren't really friends anymore. We were really only friends because her mom was my moms best friend, so they thought us kids could be friends too. But then my mom and her mom had a falling out and are no longer talking, so we stopped hanging out with her kids. Not that I'm complaining...I never did like them much. The more I hear about Bully the more jealous I am. lol j/k He sounds like an amazing dog though. I had never even heard of a Tosa until you and me started talking. They sound like an amazing breed. I don't really think its the right breed for me, but they really do sound great. I dunno...I've always felt like GSD's are "my breed". I loved them the second I started researching the breed. I haven't done a lot fo research, but I have done some. I know that whenever I am able to get one that I will need to really research the breed as well as training techniques. Or I could just ask you for help. :-D
  • LOL. Talking to Zyndalee makes me feel smart. XD
  • Aww. You guys are my new favorites! xD Gemi you know that if you ever need help with your dogs i'm here for you :) I'm quite positive you'll get that Shepherd sometime.. It's ok that you never knew about the Tosa breed, most people have never heard of them and they're considered rare..they're only good for certain people, def. not everyone. Yes, Bully is my baby.. only one person has ever seriously tried stealing him.. and that one person lost a good chunk of his body xD.. But like i said.. i'm basically here to help ANYONE. I love helping! FINNY, talking to me makes you feel smart?? Talking to you guys makes me feel like i've finally got people who understand and have the same level (if not higher) of intelligence as me, I love it!! :) I've let friends show my dogs.. but you want to show dogs big time right?? :) It's only petty shows that my friends were allowed to handle in. But they had fun. Em, conformation is not for everyone.. but atleast i can say my dogs are perfect right? lol. :)
  • Wow! I volunteer at the shelter, mostly working with the dog's, and I was in the back kennels today. They had a dog that reminded me if you guys! He was a Bull Mastiff (Zyn!) and his name was Finn (Finny!). I just had to walk him. I felt so powerful! I'm also proud I didn't have to use a gentle leader, which you usually have to do but they said I seemed to have Finn under control. Sorry Gemi, they have a Shepherd but I think they made a mistake, she looks and acts like a Keeshond.
  • lol, I know Zyn. I'm positive I'll my my Shepherd someday too, I just wish it wa sooner rather than later. My fiance wants to get a Great Pyrenees. He had a couple as a kid and he loved them, I keep telling him I don't care if he gets his Pyrenees as long as I get my Shepherd. lol Well, I'm sure a GSD isn't for everyone either. I've read they are deffinately not for first time dog owners because they can be so high strung. I am confident that I would be able to handle it though. If I got a young puppy and stuck with the training everyday then I think it would be just fine. Or I could get a young adult thats already had some training. Although I'd rather get a puppy. I personally think the months you spend with a dog as a puppy are crucial for making a strong bond. <br><br>Zyn thinks we have equal or higher intelligence than her? -gasps-<br><br>Thats so cool, Frost. I had a neighbor who had a Bull Mastiff once. That dog was huge, but he was a big baby. He couldn't hurt a fly, his size was just so intimidating. I've always thought it would be kinda fun to work or volunteer at a shelter. I've always wanted to work with animals, I don't even care if I get paid for it or not. For as long as I can remember I've loved animals, and sometimes I like them better than certain people (none of you guys, of course. You guys I like).
  • I started out as a volunteer..after that they were pratically begging to hire me at the shelter.<br><br>Gem I'm sure you'd be great with a GSD..you know your stuff right?? I was great with my grandpa's shepherd..that dog passed away by the way.. R.I.P.
  • Thats cool. There just isn't really any shelterers that I know of around here that I could volunteer. We just moved, so I don't know the area very well yet. <br><br>I hope so. I want one so bad, I've wanted one for as long as I can remember. Oh, thats to bad. I'm sorry. :( How did he die? If you don't mind my asking, that is.
  • My Bullmastiff is anything BUT a big baby xD It's funny when people see her and say "I bet she's just a gentle giant."..it makes me laugh. Whats even worse is that sometimes they'll give their kids permission to come up to and pet my so called "gentle giant"..those parents seriously need a reality check. As soon as Champagne (my bull) sees the kids come running up she lets out a warning bark (more like a roar) that sends the kids running back to their parents.. she will only tolerate me and my little cousin (that rides on her back xD) and she dislikes everyone else. She's also extremely stubborn and has the "do it myself" attitude..like me. Once when she was in the middle of a 3 thousand pound cart pulling competition (piece of cake for her), she slipped and struggled a little, because when dogs are pulling and they slip it's hard for them to regain that power and balance..anyway..when she slipped, one of the weight pull moderators tried to lean down to help her, and she snapped at him as if to say "what the heck are you doing?? I GOT THIS!!!".. lol. And she did have it, as soon as the guy got away from her and let her regain her balance herself, Champagne pulled that cart in record time...I was so proud of her, and I could tell she was proud of herself.. she knew she was the man! xD or woman...whatever.. now when I take her to comps everyone knows that I'm the only one allowed to touch her and yell my supprt. <br><br>Sorry, like Gem..I like to talk a lot xD But hey, it IS my thread right?? LOL..
  • gemini2011 wrote:
    Thats cool. There just isn't really any shelterers that I know of around here that I could volunteer. We just moved, so I don't know the area very well yet. <br><br>I hope so. I want one so bad, I've wanted one for as long as I can remember. Oh, thats to bad. I'm sorry. :( How did he die? If you don't mind my asking, that is.
    <br><br><br>Oh I don't mind... Zojak died of some sort of massive heart attack I believe. I'm not to sure what happened, because my grandfather is really torn up and won't really talk about it. But I caught a glimpse of the vet report and I saw heart attack on it from over exposure..or whatever. I know Zo lived a good life though.. <br><br>Apparently he just collapsed when he was working at the ranch with my grandpa.. one moment the two of them are loading up the truck, Zojak was helping to get fetch some stuff..and he just collapsed in the field. This is abnormal because Zojak does MUCH harder work then just fetching stuff, this task was easy for him and wouldn't have made him collapse. The day before that though, he had this huge fight with my neighbor's two irritating mutts, because those dogs were trying to attack the sheep, and Zo was doing his job as protector.. he came back home with barely a scratch on him and sent those dogs running off. But maybe that fight had something to do with it?? It's all a mystery...