Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Champion Picking...PICS ADDED

Comments

• awh! I REALLY hope you get him!!!!!!!!!!!
    qqz5hd.png
    I <3 Keith Urban!
  • Aww! How adorable! When you said fighting in the original post I was like, "errmmmm..." Thinking of how they fight dogs here in America. Wow, it's a lot to pay for a dog, but I'm sure if you're willing to pay that much he must be a great example of his breed. :)
  • I hope you get the pup. I know he'd be in good hands =)<br><br>Yeah, when I first heard fighting I'm like, um.... >.> But that was thinking of American dog fighting. I find it ironic how so many other countries have looked up to us as "ideal" :roll: But anywho. Based on the parents, he seems like he'd be great. What kinds of things would you enter him in?
    Do you like my training? Reccommend me here =)
    Main/Training Kennel, Boarding Kennel, Breeding Kennel

~Visit my main kennel for links to my on going auctions~
  • Aww, thats cool. I'm so jealous. I'd love to have a dog thats that loyal to me and my family. I had a Dutch Shepherd once, he looked just like a GSD, only he was brindle. It wasn't the same as actually having my dream dog though. I actually didn't even know what a Dutch Shepherd was until we got him. My mom had to get rid of him when she moved and for the longest time we thought he was just a GSD mix. But then I researched it and found out he probably didn't even have a trace of GSD blood. He was a good dog, but we had to get rid of him because our landlord was a butt head. I'm gonna need to do some more research on GSD's too, before I get one. I know some about the breed, but not as much as I'd need to know before actually owning one. Anywho...aww, I love hearing your stories too, even the ones that make me jealous. :mrgreen: <br><br>Oh, I <span style="font-style:italic">might</span> be able to buy a six month sponsor next week. Depends on bills and all that good stuff. But I'm still excited. :mrgreen: I like that smiley face.<br><br>Oooh, cute puppy.
  • BabyBean13 wrote:
    I hope you get the pup. I know he'd be in good hands =)<br><br>Yeah, when I first heard fighting I'm like, um.... >.> But that was thinking of American dog fighting. I find it ironic how so many other countries have looked up to us as "ideal" :roll: But anywho. Based on the parents, he seems like he'd be great. What kinds of things would you enter him in?
    <br><br>Sassy :shock: : ) Weight pulling and schutzhund, maybe conformation.
  • Finny wrote:
    Aww! How adorable! When you said fighting in the original post I was like, "errmmmm..." Thinking of how they fight dogs here in America. Wow, it's a lot to pay for a dog, but I'm sure if you're willing to pay that much he must be a great example of his breed. :)
    <br><br>The japanese fights are nothing like the American..he is a perfect example xD
  • lmao. Paying that much, he must be a perfect example of his species. XD
  • Finny wrote:
    lmao. Paying that much, he must be a perfect example of his species. XD
    <br><br>I really don't see what the whole big deal about the cost thing is though : / I mean, a lot of people pay thousands to support their hobbies, I don't think it's too much... not if it makes me happy.
  • No, it's great! I can see you really care about the dogs. Go crazy! lmao.
  • LaLa_Laru wrote:
    Finny wrote:
    <br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">I really don't see what the whole big deal about the cost thing is though : / I mean, a lot of people pay thousands to support their hobbies</span>, I don't think it's too much... not if it makes me happy.
    <br><br>Very few people in this current economy have the money to spend 7k, let alone 10k, up-front payment for their hobby ;) I'll admit, I've spent probably a few thousand on my bead collection (collection more so than hobby, as I don't have the time to expand as I wish :( ), however that's been over a few years. <br><br>I'll admit, I wouldn't consider spending that much on a pet ;) Hell, I'd consider spending it if I was a serious competition rider, as I'ld probably find a very good horse for that price, but alas, I'm casual rider at the best of times ;)<br><br>As it's your passion, and you've got the resources to make it come true, good for you :D However us in not so fortunate situations are still gonna be rather gobsmacked as to the amount of money you're spending ;)
  • LaLa_Laru wrote:
    Finny wrote:
    <br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">I really don't see what the whole big deal about the cost thing is though : / I mean, a lot of people pay thousands to support their hobbies</span>, I don't think it's too much... not if it makes me happy.
    <br><br>Very few people in this current economy have the money to spend 7k, let alone 10k, up-front payment for their hobby ;) I'll admit, I've spent probably a few thousand on my bead collection (collection more so than hobby, as I don't have the time to expand as I wish :( ), however that's been over a few years. <br><br>I'll admit, I wouldn't consider spending that much on a pet ;) Hell, I'd consider spending it if I was a serious competition rider, as I'ld probably find a very good horse for that price, but alas, I'm casual rider at the best of times ;)<br><br>As it's your passion, and you've got the resources to make it come true, good for you :D However us in not so fortunate situations are still gonna be rather gobsmacked as to the amount of money you're spending ;)
    <br><br>Yeah, I can understand that. But I don't just go around spending tons of money all the time (I don't want it to sound like that). All the decisions I make are based on months of thought and consideration usually. And I help my family to run a foster and to adopt out animals all the time, our money goes into that too. I think about the whole "it's just a pet" thing a lot, but then I remind myself that they aren't just pets, they're my babies (corny as that sounds), and they always give back to me what I gave up for them..it's all worth it. I try not to have any regrets. : )
  • Only thing I have to say is, if you get this puppy they it will need to be air freighted back and anyone that has had a dog transported by air knows that it makes the dog extremely stressed. This dog will be a puppy no more then a few months old and you want to put him in quarantine and the stress of flying. <br>I know from personal experience of having are dog air freighted a couple of times, the flight caused are young dog great mounts of stress and upset. We paid for the best pet Transports Company also to fly him places as we moved countries costing more then £2000 but I would not do it if I did not have too.
  • I had a feeling you knew the difference between American and Japanese fights. xD I was mentioning it more for the benefits of others who would have ended up thinking you were thinking about buying an unstable, temperamental puppy from equally unstable, temperamental bloodlines. xD<br><br>If that's how Roku looks, he's adorable. My husband and I have decided we're getting another puppy ourselves sometime soon (within the next year.) An African Boerboel. This should be interesting. xD
    2eldxsm.png
  • Must be nice to have all that money to spend on your "hobbies." My family would barely spend that much on a car, let alone a dog. <br><br>EA*Kennel makes a good point. Transporting dogs like that can be very stressful to them. I suppose it's the only way though.... <br><br>So, are you trying to get him? Based on the pictures, he seems very cute.
    14xmkg0.png
    Goals: 13/50million VPC
  • edited March 2011 66.29.190.33
    EA*Kennel wrote:
    Only thing I have to say is, if you get this puppy they it will need to be air freighted back and anyone that has had a dog transported by air knows that it makes the dog extremely stressed. This dog will be a puppy no more then a few months old and you want to put him in quarantine and the stress of flying. <br>I know from personal experience of having are dog air freighted a couple of times, the flight caused are young dog great mounts of stress and upset. We paid for the best pet Transports Company also to fly him places as we moved countries costing more then £2000 but I would not do it if I did not have too.
    <br><br><br>Oh, you have experience?? Believe me, I do too. ALL of my dogs were imported. And ALL of them are perfectly fine. My Bordeauxs are from France, they are perfectly stable and have flown a few times. Want to put the pup in quarantine and under the stress of flying?? Who said I WANT to do that?? I wouldn't WANT to put him through anything that would severely effect him, you make it sound like I enjoy putting animals through stress. All dogs have different personalities, some will react differently to flying then others. I know what I'm doing, your comment was unneccesary, but thank you..And by the way, he'll be around 8 months old by the time we fly back to the U.S. together. : ) I'm not putting him in the care of people I don't know under some dark, scary plane either, my father's best friend (for thirty years) will be flying us back, and I'll be able to watch my dog the whole time.. seriously, my circumstances are way different then other people's. We'll be fine, Roku will be fine..
  • Kazuko wrote:
    I had a feeling you knew the difference between American and Japanese fights. xD I was mentioning it more for the benefits of others who would have ended up thinking you were thinking about buying an unstable, temperamental puppy from equally unstable, temperamental bloodlines. xD<br><br>If that's how Roku looks, he's adorable. My husband and I have decided we're getting another puppy ourselves sometime soon (within the next year.) An African Boerboel. This should be interesting. xD
    <br><br>Oh, awesome!! I love the face of that breed. xD It will definitely be interesting. I've had experience with the Boerboel.. for some reason, they don't get a long with Tosas. :| I know all dogs will react differently to eachother in different situations. But everytime a Boerboel comes through here they try to start fights with...JUST MY TOSAS. It's weird. Great breed though, you'll have your hands full! : )
  • Must be nice to have all that money to spend on your "hobbies." My family would barely spend that much on a car, let alone a dog. <br><br>EA*Kennel makes a good point. Transporting dogs like that can be very stressful to them. I suppose it's the only way though.... <br><br>So, are you trying to get him? Based on the pictures, he seems very cute.
    <br><br>I explained the whole stressful thing to him in the post I made...<br><br>And it is nice.<br><br>Am I trying to get him??<br><br>UPDATE TO EVERYONE: I got him!! About six months and he'll be in America : ) No, I'm not WAITING six months to see him again, I'll be in Japan bonding with him xD I figure if I have plans to be in Japan for six months anyway I might as well keep him there with me then we fly back to America together right??, another exciting experience! Anyway, he is officially mine.
  • Lol *half huggles/half secures Lala* Easy there, Tiger. I'd certainly hope people understand you take the upmost care of your dogs and are very knowledgable/experienced. People just have their own opinions. I agree with those who don't have the money to afford such things as you do, just simply because I'm in the same boat, but I'm happy for you. If it makes you happy, means a good life for the dog, and you're able to afford it, why not go for it?<br><br>I can't wait to see pics of the pup =) I wanna see him grow up. And family photos of the puppehs too :p Btw, my thread for Daisy is updated. You should go peek in

• No need to get all angry with EA*Kennel, they were just stating their opinion and trying to be helpful. I don't think they meant in any way you don't have experience.... :| <br><br>Anyways, that's awesome. I can't believe you're going to Japan!! Sounds exciting. Good luck with your newest addition.
    14xmkg0.png
    Goals: 13/50million VPC
  • Babybean- I wuvvs you : ) I'll definitely post pictures when I can, I don't even know if I'll be active on VP or the forums when I go to Japan though :shock: But you know I do my best : ) Oh, and by the way, that chick never sent the contract :| Thank you though for being the only one that doesn't doubt my ability to handle my animals. Wait, that was a little bit of an over exaggeration...thank you for being the only FRIEND that I have that GENUINELY believes that I know what I'm doing : ) <br><br>Luv Dogs- I was responding to her in the same tone that she posted to me, I give what I get. And I wasn't getting angry, I would barely get angry over an opinion. It was this sentence that got to me a little: "This dog will be a puppy no more then a few months old and you <span style="font-style:italic">want</span> to put him in quarantine and the stress of flying." -notice the WANT part. I'd rather not turn my conversation with EA into a general discussion : /<br><br>Anyway, yes, I'am going. Thank you.<br><br>To everyone:<br><br><span style="font-size:150">SHOULD I RENAME THE DOG??</span><br><br>Because I definitely didn't name him, all of my dogs have names that somehow pertain to my life or mean something to me, he'll sort of be left out if his name is kept.
  • :O<br><br>Name the puppy Coco! Cause you love me! :D
    Is quiting due to no time, anyone can contact me at my nonpersonal email coconaur@aol.com
  • LaLa_Laru wrote:
    EA*Kennel wrote:
    Only thing I have to say is, if you get this puppy they it will need to be air freighted back and anyone that has had a dog transported by air knows that it makes the dog extremely stressed. This dog will be a puppy no more then a few months old and you want to put him in quarantine and the stress of flying. <br>I know from personal experience of having are dog air freighted a couple of times, the flight caused are young dog great mounts of stress and upset. We paid for the best pet Transports Company also to fly him places as we moved countries costing more then £2000 but I would not do it if I did not have too.
    <br><br><br>Oh, you have experience?? Believe me, I do too. ALL of my dogs were imported. And ALL of them are perfectly fine. My Bordeauxs are from France, they are perfectly stable and have flown a few times. Want to put the pup in quarantine and under the stress of flying?? Who said I WANT to do that?? I wouldn't WANT to put him through anything that would severely effect him, you make it sound like I enjoy putting animals through stress. All dogs have different personalities, some will react differently to flying then others. I know what I'm doing, your comment was unneccesary, but thank you..And by the way, he'll be around 8 months old by the time we fly back to the U.S. together. : ) I'm not putting him in the care of people I don't know under some dark, scary plane either, my father's best friend (for thirty years) will be flying us back, and I'll be able to watch my dog the whole time.. seriously, my circumstances are way different then other people's. We'll be fine, Roku will be fine..
    <br><br><br>I do have experience thank you, and my comment was in no such tone it must have been the way that you read it. <br>There is no need to be so defensive about the issue all I was saying was that it is a very stressful ordeal to put a young dog through & yes you may be with him on the flight but surely the dog will still have to be placed in the hold, that is unless you are getting a privet jet over. <br>And then there’s the issue with quarantine, the dog will still have to be separated with you for a few weeks to be checked out. <br><br>I do not wish this to become a public debate about my comment but you should not post on forums with such an issue if you do not want to here others comments. I meant no harm what so ever I was purely voicing my opinion on transporting such a young dog by air freight and then it having to injure quarantine. <br>I hope he will be fine, it would be heartbreaking if he wasn’t.
  • I'd go ahead and rename him unless he's your sixth dog/tosa ;D
    2eldxsm.png
  • edited March 2011 66.29.190.33
    I do have experience thank you, and my comment was in no such tone it must have been the way that you read it. <br>There is no need to be so defensive about the issue all I was saying was that it is a very stressful ordeal to put a young dog through & yes you may be with him on the flight but surely the dog will still have to be placed in the hold, that is unless you are getting a privet jet over. <br>And then there’s the issue with quarantine, the dog will still have to be separated with you for a few weeks to be checked out. <br><br>I do not wish this to become a public debate about my comment but you should not post on forums with such an issue if you do not want to here others comments. I meant no harm what so ever I was purely voicing my opinion on transporting such a young dog by air freight and then it having to injure quarantine. <br>I hope he will be fine, it would be heartbreaking if he wasn’t.
    <br><br>I think it's pretty obvious that the jet will be private since I said I will be able to watch him the whole time. Don't wish this to become a public debate? Just like how I wish this NOT to become a general discussion, so you can stop posting about it now. I'm assuming you meant endure quarantine? He'll be fine. I shouldn't post on forums with such an issue?? If you actually read the topic it's about BUYING THE DOG, not about airplanes : / I know flying pertains to the subject, but lets stick to the actual topic. I know what I'm doing when it comes to bringing my dogs in from another country and if I needed opinions about having my dog air freighted I would have asked for them. Point is, I don't need them, but if you were honestly just trying to help, thank you I guess. : / I'd appreciate it if this wasn't mentioned again, in all honesty.. it's irritating. I'm sure this isn't your favorite thing to do either.<br><br>MOVING ON NOW..<br><br><br>To Everyone: <span style="font-size:150">I'AM RE-NAMING HIM...</span><br><br>lol, but I'm not naming him coco, sorry coconut xD<br>Kazuko this will be my fourth Tosa :oops:
  • LaLa_Laru lets keep this nice. Nothing EA posted was rude or mean in any way. She was just telling you from experience about flying pets. This is gen. disc. and a public forum and anyone can post any info they have or want to give as long as it is within vp rules. :)
    skizzy.png
  • Zoe wrote:
    LaLa_Laru lets keep this nice. Nothing EA posted was rude or mean in any way. She was just telling you from experience about flying pets. This is gen. disc. and a public forum and anyone can post any info they have or want to give as long as it is within vp rules. :)
    <br><br>I'am keeping it nice. I said thank you twice.. :mrgreen: No but really, I'm sure we wont be posting about that anymore, so no more rudeness. : )<br><br>Oh, and I told everyone that I named the dog but I didn't tell everyone his name:<br><br>It's going to be: Kainaan..or so my brother says :roll: is that terrible??
  • Kainaan? It's an interesting name, one I've never seen before. How's it pronounced? =o In my mind it's pronounced Kai-nan. but that makes me think Canaan dog. xD Kai by itself would be a cool name, I think. <br><br>In Burmese it means 'strong' or 'unbreakable'. In Chinese (mandarin anyhow) it means 'victory' or 'triumph'. In Japanese it can mean 'ocean' or 'change' or even 'mediation'. In North Germanic languages it means 'Keeper of the Keys', in a Nigerian language (Yoruba) in means 'love'. xD
    2eldxsm.png
  • Kazuko wrote:
    Kainaan? It's an interesting name, one I've never seen before. How's it pronounced? =o In my mind it's pronounced Kai-nan. but that makes me think Canaan dog. xD Kai by itself would be a cool name, I think. <br><br>In Burmese it means 'strong' or 'unbreakable'. In Chinese (mandarin anyhow) it means 'victory' or 'triumph'. In Japanese it can mean 'ocean' or 'change' or even 'mediation'. In North Germanic languages it means 'Keeper of the Keys', in a Nigerian language (Yoruba) in means 'love'. xD
    <br><br><br>haha, Kazuko you're such a help : ) It would be pronounced KAY-NEN..I don't really care for it though, but my brother is begging me to name Roku that.
  • Suggest the name Kai, if you approve of that one. Kay-nen makes me think of Cayenne, which actually wouldn't be a bad name itself. Like the pepper. 8'D
    2eldxsm.png
  • LaLa_Laru wrote:
    Oh, and by the way, that chick never sent the contract :|
    <br>I just searched for the message but no longer have it >.> I told her where to send it and she said she sent a dog over. It's not like it was a spelling mistake cuz even if I forgot a letter, no such kennel exists (just tried it out just in case). I really don't feel like remessaging her..<br><br>I like Kai (even before it came up on here), though to me it's pronounced Ky when I see it or Kay. Which seems a bit more feminine, in my opinion, despite any meanings the word might have. What you could always do is type in a word you think suites a Tosa or something that pertains(sp?) to your life and look up synonyms that might sound interesting for a dog name. Or type them in a translator or whatever and find the word in a different language that interests you.