Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I don't want your compliments..

edited March 2011 in Vent
Decided to join my private school's dance class. So I went today. Everyone was welcoming, everyone EXCEPT for...let's call her Julie. I could see her giving me dirty looks from the very beginning, when I walked in everyone introduced themselves nicely and asked me my name. Julie instead said "I'm ____, best dancer in the class. I could care less what your name is, you won't last here long anyway." I was like....WHAT??!! What is this? Some kind of soap opera drama?? Who says that kind of stuff?? But I wasn't about to let her rain down on my dancing class parade, so I ignored her comment. For the rest of the class I avoided her. I noticed that when I started dancing she started avoiding me. I also noticed that NO ONE else in there was dancing correctly and I kept getting praise from the instructor. Which is good, but too much is annoying. Tell me what I'm doing wrong, or tell me what I can improve on, DON'T tell me that nothing is wrong and that I'm dancing perfectly unless it's TRUE. I haven't been dancing this type of ballet style for too long so I KNOW that not all of my moves were perfect, it's so frustrating when I can't get helpful feedback on something that I care about. After the class was over a lot of the students were complimenting me on how good I was, and the "instructor" said I was "amazing", and that he can't wait for tomorrow's class to see me dance. Thing is, I don't think I'll be going to tomorrow's class. The instructor doesn't instruct and the students don't learn. I like dancing with a group, I like feeling the flow of our coordination. If I'm the only one dancing and everyone esle is staring at me what's the point?? I went to the class to learn, not to be gawked at. When I'm on stage of course I want people's attention to be on me, but when I'm in a learning environment the last thing I want is to be distracted because people are staring. Julie even had the nerve to mention when I walked out of class that I shouldn't be there, and that I only came to show off. How was I supposed to know that the "dancers" in that class couldn't dance and that I would be the only one dancing??!! It's depressing to know that the one class that I could've actually liked in this stupid private school isn't actually what I thought it would be. I'm thinking about joining a different class, somewhere outside of this school. I'm just looking to perfect my technique and learn some new choreography...It's not like I actually need to learn HOW TO DANCE. It seems like that's what that class was for...learning how. I ALREADY KNOW HOW!! This always happens to me.

Comments

• Oh, and the title is "I don't want your compliments" because (I forgot to mention) that Julie did a "twirl", that was really amateur, but I sincerely complimented her on it anyway because I know that it encouraged me to keep dancing when people gave me compliments. Anyway...after I complimented her she said "I don't want your compliments", like the prissy little thing she is. When she said that I just smiled and said, "Really, it was good." and she softened up a bit.
  • Ok um constructive critising then point your toes keep your back strait unless there is suposed to be an arch in it umm smile ya your suposed to smile hehe I don't no I can't dance you should do that dancing with your dog thing it actually looks almost no fun at all
    liglw.jpg
  • lol..the point your toes part is right but the keep your back straight isn't, and neither is the smiling part. The dance is supposed to be fluent and flexible, dramatic and depressing. If I smiled and kept my back straight I would look like a stiffened up smiling idiot dancing to sad music. Dancing with my dog? My dogs weight pull and compete in Schutzhund, some are show dogs...they do not dance -.- I won't allow something so stupid looking...unless of course, they are dancing perfect ballet.
  • Thats Rude of her.
    2j5bfpd.jpg
  • Irian Jaya wrote:
    Thats Rude of her.
    <br><br>Yeah..she deserved a kick in the shin..but instead she was humiliated by the fact that I upstaged her and made her look stupid in front of everyone...good enough.
  • What!!!!! You've never wanted to dance with your dog I might actuay do that once I master obedience rally o and flyball and she said she wanted constructive critisem not complements what do you want me to say good job champ you'll get um next time or sorry came give me a virtual hug?
    liglw.jpg
  • Anyway me and zydalee go way back like what I think it's been about 3 weeks already I dont no I'm not good with time
    liglw.jpg
  • We go wayy back?? LOL..not that far back actually..
  • It's ok because I wasn't called rude she was talking to the girl named juile ok some creepy person named Zendalee set me strait ok life is good again
    liglw.jpg