Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ROTTIES

edited February 2011 in Vent
when i was 2, we brought home a rottweiler. Of course u all are probably thinking who would bring a rottie around a 2 year old? well ive got ur answer<br><br>i grew up with cats and small pets and i think maybe a dog but when i was 2 we brought home our dog dallas. he was small at the time but by the time i turned 3 he was a beast. weighing in at over 110 pounds dallas was the kind of dog everyone wanted. he was protective but loved everyone. if he didnt know u or thought u were doing harm u should watch ur back but if he knew u were welcomed into the family he would be ur best friend. dallas was a hugger. he licked ur face and would role on his belly to be rubbed. when dallas was 6 he had a cesure in the middle of the night. being young i wasnt informed of this and kept on loving my sweet baby. he had 3 cesures before my family made the heart wrenching decission to put him down. it wazs 3a.m and my parents picked him up and put him into the car. my dad had him put to sleep at age almost 7 and he died on the vets table while my dad was in tears petting him until he took his last breath. at 7am we woke up to get ready for school and our parents broke the horrible news. i cried for almost 3 months. i wouldnt sleep at night and i couldnt focus in school. i knew he was in a better place anddd that made me feel better... eventually i got over it and realized it happens i still miss him but 3 years after his death we were blessed with tyson and now our beautiful little girl jersey... i would love to hear opions on rotties bad or good i love hearing them becuz they remind me of the dog ik and loved dallas R.I.P big guy
COKE IS GONNA WIN PEPSI FAILS ITS THE CHEAP VERSION OF.................COKE IF U AGREE TELL ME IN UR NEXT COKE POST

Comments

• I personally love rotties. I have never owned one but my friend pet sits 2 rotties. They are very sweet and will lick you and rub up against you. They are big babies. Personally I wouldn't own a rottie myself because I don't want the responsibility of a dog that has the potential to be very dangerous if not trained right. However I still like the breed and think they are very sweet.
    14xmkg0.png
    Goals: 13/50million VPC
  • ur absolutly correct, they can be dangerous if not properly trained but before people go yelling at them remember they are police dogs jusst like pits are fighters
    COKE IS GONNA WIN PEPSI FAILS ITS THE CHEAP VERSION OF.................COKE IF U AGREE TELL ME IN UR NEXT COKE POST
  • Rotties are so wonderful!<br><br>I had a rottie/dobie mix when I was like 5, and he wouldn't let anyone near me, lol. He was my surrogate pillow as well!<br><br>Anyone who says this breed is bad, either hasn't had one, or encountered a badly trained one. It's exactly the same way with pit bulls.
    Is quiting due to no time, anyone can contact me at my nonpersonal email coconaur@aol.com
  • Coconaur wrote:
    Rotties are so wonderful!<br><br>I had a rottie/dobie mix when I was like 5, and he wouldn't let anyone near me, lol. He was my surrogate pillow as well!<br><br>Anyone who says this breed is bad, either hasn't had one, or encountered a badly trained one. It's exactly the same way with pit bulls.
    <br><br>coc couldnt have said this better
  • I'm sorry what happened, happened though :/ He sounds like he was a good dog :/<br><br>It actually reminds me of one of my old Springer Spaniels, Arley. She had a stroke in the middle of the night, and since I liked her so much my aunt didn't tell me or wake me up until they had gotten back :/
    Is quiting due to no time, anyone can contact me at my nonpersonal email coconaur@aol.com
  • I love rotties, Im so sorry for your loss :cry: :cry: Everyone says their sooo bad but I think theyre some of the best dogs there are.
    qqz5hd.png
    I <3 Keith Urban!
  • thanks both of u it means alot but im over it now although he still has a reserved hotel in my heart ;)
  • Oh, he always will c: My fist dog, of course a Springer, Gunner will too c:
  • I love Rotties! I owned one named Champagne once...like after the drink. She was so pretty, her fur wasn't brown it was like a light creamy champagne color, hence the name. I would run around with her on my uncle's thirteen acre land all day long, then come back before dinner and we would both eat whatever mom had cooked, whether it was steak and lobster or spaghetti, I always made sure Champagne had an exact plate of what I had. One time when we were running around (we're in Hawaii now, so you have to be aware of the wild life) we came across a wild boar, and those things will seriously attack you, the stories and movies don't lie. The boar came charging after us, I screamed and ran but I was laughing at the same time, like "haha, piglet is chasing us!!", but it was far from funny when the pig caught up to us and almost got me. Champagne, being the lady she is, was fiercely protective over me because I was still a child. She turned around and attacked and all I could do was watch a pig and a dog fight (I never thought I would see the day). I wasn't allowed to go to far from the house, so my uncle had heard me yell. He came running out with his hunting gun and shot the pig, whatever my uncle shoots he eats...that pig was no exception (bleh). Champagne was a little torn up, she had a few cuts and scratches but nothing to serious. She's still alive today, old as heck, but she's still got it. I go over and run around with her still. She chases the cattle and goes after all the wild pigs that she can with her Pit Bull best friend, those two terrors never let the pigs anywhere near the house.
  • awwe thats cute
  • Yeah. One time the two of them came across a little baby domesticated pig that was trying to fight off a pack of stray dogs, they immediately jumped in to save the baby pig and all the strays ran off. I think it's amazing how they can hate pigs but still have a heart for the babies. lol The baby pig was named Wilbur and he walks around the house now.
  • wow thats really cool my dog wouldve done the same i bet its just how they are