Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LaLa bit a friend :(

edited March 2011 in Vent
But that friend had been stupid...<br><br>My dog, Laru, is fiercely protective of my three year old cousin James (the same one that was attacked by the dog that hopped over our wall. -different post-) She usually sleeps with me, but tonight I put her into Jame's room because my friend is coming over and he's a guy that hates dogs so I knew he wouldnt like it if any of my dogs were out. All my dogs get put outside (they were so happy about this) but LaLa got to sleep with the little boy that she considers her baby. Everyone's happy right? Nope. Cause Tyler (my friend) is buddies with James and he wants to peak in to say hi to him. So, while I'am distracted and without my permission Tyler goes upstairs and into Jame's room. Next thing I hear is a yell and I run upstairs to see Laru snapping and growling at Tyler, warning him to back away. She's on James' bed, standing over him in a protective stance. I can hear James crying a little and I can see him trying to hold on to Laru and hide behind her because in the dark, Tyler doesn't look like Tyler he looks like a very tall and very large intruder. I immediately turn on the lights and run to James, my first thought is to comfort him. But then I remember Tyler and go to him too, he's ok. Just a bite on his hand and one on his chest, nothing to major. Skin was broken but we cleaned it out and he didn't need to go to the hospital immediately, LaLa is clean, she's gotten all her shots and all that and isn't going to pass anything on to him, but he went to the doctor a little while ago anyway. Luckily I got there before Laru could jump off the bed and do some real damage, he's also lucky that she gave him just a warning bite and then gave him the chance to stop progressing. She's a trained protection dog (way different then a vicious dog), and she's been needed a few times before, so I believe she was just doing her job in this situation. Tyler agrees that it was his fault because when he walked into the room he had his arms above his head in a threatening way because he was going to sneak up on James and go BOO. (dumb right?) I commanded Laru to come downstairs afterwards and she walked down like nothing had happened. When I told her Tyler was alright and not a threat she sat next to him and just panted. Being...normal. She showed no signs of aggression towards him what so ever. She isn't a mean dog, she was just doing what she was trained to do. And heck, I feel safe knowing that in a situation where someone is in our house at night (uninvited) I have a dog that will take care of it, or let me know. I and my mom have sneaked into Jame's room at night when he's sleeping and she's next to him and she never does a thing, she knows when it's someone to trust and she knows when it's some big guy that isn't supposed to be in the room. Her and Tyler are friends now, and he knows not to sneak into a room he's not supposed to be in when someone's sleeping...he's supposed to have known that in the first place..

Comments

• I'm glad everything is fine c:<br><br>That is kind of dumb of him to go into a room like that though, dog or no. xD
    Is quiting due to no time, anyone can contact me at my nonpersonal email coconaur@aol.com