Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Random Dog Question To ALL Dog Owners

edited February 2011 in General Discussion
What in your opinion is the best Dog food on the market? <br> <br>Dont want to cause any arguments just wondered what all your lucky doggies get fed and the reason for it. <br>I have recently been bouncing around with my pups food so I can find the perfect food that suits him we've gone from Hills Vets Essentials, Clinivet, Chudleys and now to Royal Canine Giant Breed. <br><br>So I am very interested to hear what you think in the best and why ?

Comments

• We feed Kira Eukaneuba Liver & Rice formula because that's what his parents fed their dogs. xD
    2eldxsm.png
  • I think we feed premium edge skin and coat. It helps their skin and coat. =) And we always end up getting it for my Aunt's dog because it doesn't contain wheat which she's allergic to.
    14xmkg0.png
    Goals: 13/50million VPC
  • I own Bully and Mastiff breeds and I feed them raw. Their coats are gorgeous and their health is amazing. Not recommended for all dogs though...if you want to go natural I saw a commercial about Blue Buffalo dog food. xD
  • The puppy gets Candidae because it's a "natural" food with a lot of meat as the primary ingredients. <br>Buddy gets a 13% protein feed from the feed store, supplemented with about 10lbs of raw meat/week. The feed store feed is a lot cheaper ($15 for a 40lb bag which lasts about a month), though it does have a lot of grain, so when the grocery store has meat on sale, such as 2 for 1 packages of pork chops or roasts or what have you, I buy as much as I can and Buddy gets the free portions. <br><br>Alex hasn't figured out how to actually chew raw meat and tries to swallow whole which chokes him, which is why unless it's hamburger, he doesn't get much raw yet. When he gets bigger and his jaws get stronger, he'll get more raw meat as well.
    <span style="background-color: rgb(255, 204, 0);">Along for the ride!</span><br>
  • We feed Nature's Variety, mixing the raw and kibble at each meal. Our dog is a picky eater, (we've tried him on several brands,) but he loves this stuff.
  • We get 50 lb. of Old Yeller, it used to be SOOO cheap ($10) now its up to $16! :(
    qqz5hd.png
    I <3 Keith Urban!
  • Clover is on Purina Pro Plan Chicken & Rice Formula. Her coat is nice and shiny and she loves it. <br><br>We tried her on Blue Buffalo, but for some dogs it's just too rich for them. Plus we believe that she was allergic to some of the berries they put in it.
  • Purina Pro Plan works great for my dog with severe skin allergies.
  • Alabama wrote:
    Alex hasn't figured out how to actually chew raw meat and tries to swallow whole which chokes him, which is why unless it's hamburger, he doesn't get much raw yet. When he gets bigger and his jaws get stronger, he'll get more raw meat as well.
    <br><br>Asuming Alex is the puppy XD <br><br>Thats pretty cool to hear all of your opinions on your Dogs food, I dont think we get alot of the food that has been stated in the UK but I think if Royal Caine doesnt work for him then I might have to see how much it would cost to get some of it sent over. <br><br>Thank you all