Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Having Acne...

edited September 2010 in Vent
Ill never get rid of acne.I have blackheads and everything like that. Is there a way of getting rid of it instead of producks? :cry:
MPL.png

Comments

• i clean my face with soap and water daily and use rubbing alcohol =) that works and clears my face up. Then again, that doesn't stand a chance again natural issues, like stress and hormones. lol
  • I've had acne for awile...I hate it..LOL ...but I went to the docter and they have prescibed medicine,it normally works,,maybe you should try that ,also clean your face regularly, I do twice a day..that helps better that medicine most of the time ^_^ hope this helps
    SmiLe :)

fightorflight_zpsveosejjv.jpg 
  • I have tried cleaning my face 2 times a day for a month and nothing happened. Yeah. It was going away when nothing was going on with stress,then i had a lot of pressure and stress and it came back A LOT. Im to young for that stuff :cry:
    MPL.png
  • Garnet wrote:
    i clean my face with soap and water daily and use rubbing alcohol
    <br>i USE to have acne pretty bad, i would never use hand soap that can dry up your skin and make it worse and i would not use rubbing alcohol it can make you break out more. I use stuff called Acne Free (from Wal-Mart) and it works really well for me (: and its not that expensive either.
  • i USE to have acne pretty bad, i would never use hand soap that can dry up your skin and make it worse and i would not use rubbing alcohol it can make you break out more. I use stuff called Acne Free (from Wal-Mart) and it works really well for me (: and its not that expensive either.
    <br>Thankis! Ill try to get my mom to buy it!
    MPL.png
  • Garnet wrote:
    i clean my face with soap and water daily and use rubbing alcohol
    <br>i USE to have acne pretty bad, i would never use hand soap that can dry up your skin and make it worse and i would not use rubbing alcohol it can make you break out more. I use stuff called Acne Free (from Wal-Mart) and it works really well for me (: and its not that expensive either.
    <br><br>Really? I must have been lucky then! D= I think I'll stick to just Noxema from now on though. I didnt know soap would do that 0.0
  • I know. Hand soap made it worst for me.I thought it was odd,but i ignored it
    MPL.png
  • If you get really bad breakouts there's this product called campho phenique, it's an oil for cold sores, works really well for clearing up a bad pimple, but as I remember it's pretty drying.
    (SPIDERS!)
  • Often times the best solution for acne is to grow up. Hormones are a big cause of acne, but once your body levels out as you age, you're less likely to break out as severely. In the meantime, start developing good hygiene habits. Though I've never had a horrible acne problem, I wash my face twice a day(morning and night) with a anti-bacterial moisturizing soap, and have virtually no bumps pop up except when I get lazy. About once a week I use an astringent(I think it's a 90% alcohol solution) to help shrink pores, and treat minor blackheads on my nose. You have to be careful with alcohol solutions, or anything that drys out the skin, because if they dry it out too much your acne could just get worse. Just use it in moderation.<br><br>Your diet, hydration level, and physical condition can also play a role in acne, so try to eat healthier, drink lots of water, and get exercise(though always wash your face after exercising).
    I'm done with VP. I'll just be around until I get all my dogs and lines placed in good hands. If you want to contact me, please do so through deviantART.
  • :O Imma try that! Also but like after gym at my school i cant wash my face though. :x
    MPL.png
  • And id say not to use make up to cover it up.<br>It makes it worse.<br>-sorry if that was already said didn't read thru all of it -
    KENDALLDREAMY.png
  • I know. I dont wear any anyways, i think people are prettier without makeup
    MPL.png
  • I would suggest trying different products or talking to your doctor. I remember watching a video once.. It was on how the areas your acne is in related to your fitness in certain parts of your body and it made tons of sense.
  • :O Imma try that! Also but like after gym at my school i cant wash my face though. :x
    <br> They make face wipes specifically for after you exercise. You can also just buy the generic face wipes, which basically do the same thing, even if they aren't specifically for after you exercise. Try looking into those. Also, if you can't get those, then it's probably fine to just wait until you get a bathroom break, or until you get home to wash your face. I know that when I get home from school the first thing I do is change, remove my makeup, and wash my face.
    I'm done with VP. I'll just be around until I get all my dogs and lines placed in good hands. If you want to contact me, please do so through deviantART.
  • Ill never get rid of acne.I have blackheads and everything like that. Is there a way of getting rid of it instead of producks? :cry:
    <br>Well. I wouldn't suggest medication like Acutane or the Proactive. I have insanely clear skin, both because I drink a ton of water [I literally piss water now... sorry for the TMI], and because I rarely ever wear makeup [and I swim. Yay chlorine!]. Partially because my skin...anything will inflame it, soap, lotion, perfumes, even if my water is too hot or too cold of if i use a too rough wash cloth it'll break out. Make sure you get all your foundation and eye makeup off. <br>Also, changing your diet can help keep your skin clear, whether it be not eating as many sweets, or laying off the Monster drinks. My foods teacher has turned me off of Monster and other energy drinks for good, among other foods and liquids. <br>Stress will make you break out, period. Try managing your stress levels in whatever you're good at, or, be like me and start your New Year's resolution late and start running/swimming/biking while listening to loud, angst-y music. Well. Don't ride your bike and listen to music. That's dangerous in more ways than one. They have swim cases for iPods, I know that much. Also, waterproof headphones and Mp3's. If you have a membership at a YMCA, start doing ZUMBA or another cardio workout. Sweating clears your pores out, and as long as you shower well afterwords, it should clear your skin.<br>I use Aveeno oatmeal soap on my face, it's really good for your skin and helps moisturize.<br><br>Point of this was, make sure you get all your make up off. You may be allergic to foundation, like I am [I think it's the talc or one of the minerals in it..], pick up a sport, drink a lot of water, and don't worry ;D<br><br>Clean and clear worked for me...and then it started to fry my skin. Bad. I'd be peeling like I was sunburned if I used it every day.<br><br>Oh, and Campho Phenique works really good. It cleared up some bad spots on my face in 3 days.. xD
    "I am carrying all my hatred and contempt for power, its laws, its authority, its society, and I have no room for guilt or fear of punishment."-Diego Rios
    Semper Fi.
  • Point of this was, make sure you get all your make up off. You may be allergic to foundation, like I am [I think it's the talc or one of the minerals in it..], pick up a sport, drink a lot of water, and don't worry ;D
    <br>I dont wear make up. I just think im prettier without(my mom wont let me use it too xD) But I drink lemonade and water all the time. I only like 2 sports but,they all ready signed up and picked the teams
    MPL.png
  • <span style="color:#FF00BF"><span style="font-size:85">If you're able to & have the money, I'd strongly recommend proactive. :) It's done absolute miracles on my friend, and since using the product they don't even feel the need to use cover-up anymore!<br><br>Or if you're in my shoes, where money is a little bit tighter, we can work on a budget. haha<br>At my local stores, these products aren't in the hygiene section like everything else, but located in pharmacy because they have a higher concentration of medical ingredients. I use the Clearasil brand name stuff, and so far I've found all of their products to be the most effective. I have terrible oily skin, so that doesn't help with my acne. Although it's not completely gone, it's majorly reduced. I use the night cream, but find something that works best for what you need. It's not too expensive, either!<br><br>Also, stay away from sugar and greasy foods. I find that if I slip in my diet, it definitely shows in my face.</span></span>
    12.png
    Thanks for the lovely banner, Nickel :)
  • wow!! proactiv worked for u..me and my mom used it and it made are skin worst
    SmiLe :)

fightorflight_zpsveosejjv.jpg 
  • kiwicece wrote:
    wow!! proactiv worked for u..me and my mom used it and it made are skin worst
    <br>Ditto. My mother bought it for her and my brother, and I just tried it because I thought it might make my skin look healthier(I didn't have much acne though), and all it did was make my skin worse, didn't work for my brother, and only sort of worked for my mother. Wasn't worth what we spent on it, so we stopped buying it. My cousin, who has really bad acne, also said it didn't work for her. It's not a guaranteed miracle worker for sure, but I guess if you have the right skin, and the right type of acne, then it will work wonders.<br><br>
    I use the Clearasil brand name stuff, and so far I've found all of their products to be the most effective. I have terrible oily skin, so that doesn't help with my acne. Although it's not completely gone, it's majorly reduced. I use the night cream, but find something that works best for what you need. It's not too expensive, either!
    <br> I use an off brand of Clearasil, and it works wonders for spot treatments. Whenever I notice a bump I put it on, and by the next day it's gone. However, whenever I've put it on my chin, or on a large area I have noticed that it can be really drying...then again I think the majority of acne treatments are. Moderation is the key.
  • <span style="color:#FF00BF"><span style="font-size:85">Ooh, yeah.. the products, since they have that higher percentage of the active medical ingredient, can also be very harsh on your skin.<br>My skin is more oily, so I don't have to concern myself with it too much, but if you're finding that your skin is excessively dry afterward.. try finding a balance between treating your acne and moisturizing. (for me, I use Clearasil every night before bed, but on the 3rd or 4th night I skip Clearasil and use a very generous amount of moisturizer. And make sure you're exfoliating every day!</span></span>
    12.png
    Thanks for the lovely banner, Nickel :)
  • <span style="color:#FF00BF"><span style="font-size:85">Ooh, yeah.. the products, since they have that higher percentage of the active medical ingredient, can also be very harsh on your skin.<br>My skin is more oily, so I don't have to concern myself with it too much, but if you're finding that your skin is excessively dry afterward.. try finding a balance between treating your acne and moisturizing. (for me, I use Clearasil every night before bed, but on the 3rd or 4th night I skip Clearasil and use a very generous amount of moisturizer. And make sure you're exfoliating every day!</span></span>
    <br> Exfoliating too much can damage the skin physically, make it more sensitive and vulnerable to things like light, bacteria, heat, cold, etc., and it can cause it to start producing more oil(because it drys it out). Most of the time you shouldn't be exfoliating every single day, unless you are using a mild product(one made for everyday use), and you are being very gentle. Normal or stronger products are generally recommended as a twice a week thing. Always use a moisturizer and sunscreen on the days you exfoliate, or use a moisturizer with sunscreen in it. I personally use a homemade honey and aspirin face mask, but no more than twice a week max, because it is very strong, and I'm already sensitive to light(I sunburn like crazy). Works amazingly well, and is cheap to make.
  • same problem. bad acne since 4th grade, no products ever work. my family's literally spent thousands on perscriptions(sp?) and none have worked, my dermatologist said its because of how often im stressed which is odd for a girl this young, i have pills and washes and even a special brush thing i have to use and it barely keeps it under control, i cant wear sleeves shorter then my elbow because of it, but even so my face isnt bad, you cant notice with a little concealer, its everywhere else. which is a relief to me, but i can't go public swimming, i can only go swiming in one friends backyard because she doesn't care. my brother's twenty and he still has the same problem, we're both in shape, and not overweight or anything of the sort. its hard, i know. but everybody goes through it. lucky for me, when you look at me you just suspect 'normal teenage girl. little acne here and there, but still really pretty, probably still has a lot of friends and a good boyfriend.' and you're right if you'd think that, but most people dont suspect that i suffer with severe cystic acne on my back, shoulders, and chest. there's a personal experience, and my word of advice; dont worry about it too much, eventually almost always it will all go away, as long as you have people that dont care, you shouldn't worry about it too much either. take a breather, you're gonna be okay, trust me. :)
    2eqcmz6.png
  • I am very stressed. I had acne when i was in forth too. >.> Im going to start trying to get no more stress,and think im pretty,skinny,and more. What else should i think? Thats i all i know
    MPL.png
  • Point of this was, make sure you get all your make up off. You may be allergic to foundation, like I am [I think it's the talc or one of the minerals in it..], pick up a sport, drink a lot of water, and don't worry ;D
    <br>I dont wear make up. I just think im prettier without(my mom wont let me use it too xD) But I drink lemonade and water all the time. I only like 2 sports but,they all ready signed up and picked the teams
    <br>Good for you, then! And, I wasn't allowed to start wearing eyeliner until middle of eighth grade year. And, I still rarely wear it. I wear it a lot now because I went to MAC cosmetics and bought a 16 dollar thing of gel liner...which I love, worth the sixteen bucks.<br><br>A lot of people just have oily skin in general. Proactive dries your skin out completely, period. It's no good. Fried my skin and my friend Cat's skin. Accutane has a lot of risks to it. [Like Jeff Foxworthy said, "sometimes the side effects to a medication are worse than what the medication is actually treating"] Clean and Clear, although it helped at first, I think dried my skin out too much because I was using it every day, and now if I use it once it'll dry my T-zone out. Keep your hair clean, out of your face. If you wear glasses, clean the rims good. That helped a lot with my issues, too. I break out majorly around the nose, and I rarely wear contacts, so I try to clean them off with Sea Breeze acne cleanser. <br>Avoid touching your face. Touching your face spreads oils from your hand to your face, and considering all the gunk you pick up from school, work, and home, I wouldn't want to touch my face either ); It's a habit, though, and you do it really without thinking.. <br><br>Other than that, I can't really think of anything else.
    "I am carrying all my hatred and contempt for power, its laws, its authority, its society, and I have no room for guilt or fear of punishment."-Diego Rios
    Semper Fi.