Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

quick question;

edited August 2010 in General Discussion
if i were to get a tattoo on the inside of my wrists, how much would that hurt? i know that everyone's pain tolerance is different, but what is the general pain level on the inside of your wrists?<br>i want to get one small tattoo on each wrist [on the inside], and they're related tattoos. (:<br><br>so, just in case i ever get them, i'd like to know the general pain level. i'm guessing it's gonna hurt a pretty bit because there's like... veins there. o_o
bluehh.

Comments

• I dont know personally but i asked my cousin (who has both of the insides of her wrists tattooed) just last night about how bad it would hurt because im getting the inside of my wrists tattooed in a few months.<br><br>Me: Hey Cuz, I have a question. Did it hurt when you got he underside of your wrists tattooed?<br>My Cousin: eh, not really no. Being my first tattoo I was expecting it to be alot worse than it was but actually no, it just felt like a needle poking my wrists a thousand times a second lol burned a little bit but thats about it. Aunt Rhonda & Uncle Chuck gonna let you get a tattoo?!
  • Garnet wrote:
    I dont know personally but i asked my cousin (who has both of the insides of her wrists tattooed) just last night about how bad it would hurt because im getting the inside of my wrists tattooed in a few months.<br><br>Me: Hey Cuz, I have a question. Did it hurt when you got he underside of your wrists tattooed?<br>My Cousin: eh, not really no. Being my first tattoo I was expecting it to be alot worse than it was but actually no, it just felt like a needle poking my wrists a thousand times a second lol burned a little bit but thats about it. Aunt Rhonda & Uncle Chuck gonna let you get a tattoo?!
    <br>i just did a google search, too, and most people say like it either hurt really bad, or it was their least painful tattoo of all. so mixed feelings, basically? xD<br>but thanks for your input! i feel a bit less scared now. xD
    bluehh.
  • Hehe nothing to be afraid of I'm sure =D If you don't get yours done before me, I'll be sure to let you know if it hurts from personal experience =D Then again I have a high pain tolerance =/
  • HOKAY, so. I have a tattoo on my hip, and it didn't hurt -at all-. It's more of an annoying please stop before I punch you feeling than anything painful. ALTHOUGH, the closer it got to my hip bone, the more it hurt.<br><br>WITH THAT SAID! Think about how many bones, and how thin the skin is on the inside of your wrist. I'm planning on getting one at some point, but I'm aware it will probably be more painful than the tattoo on my hip. Anything on bone is going to hurt more than a tattoo on a more fatty part of your body. But, really, any body modification comes with a little bit of pain, you just have to decide if you can tolerate it.
    <span style="font-size: 10pt;">rLHC1jx.gif </span><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">sophierue.png</span><span style="font-size: small;"> </span></div><div><span style="font-size: small;">oh I swear to ya, I'll be there for ya.
    10.31.10 ❤
    </span></div>
  • Sea Oats wrote:
    Anything on bone is going to hurt more than a tattoo on a more fatty part of your body. But, really, any body modification comes with a little bit of pain, you just have to decide if you can tolerate it.
    <br> I agree with this.
    I'm done with VP. I'll just be around until I get all my dogs and lines placed in good hands. If you want to contact me, please do so through deviantART.
  • Wish I could tell you, I'm still being too chicken to get my first one xD I don't even know where a good place to get mine is D;
    All good things must come to an end. All endings will begin new good things.
    mini_nickel_vere_roan_quin_by_evlonarts_d6ih13_by_jaded_night-d775ero.png
  • My first one is gonna be on the underside of my wrist =D I'm excited
  • Sea Oats wrote:
    HOKAY, so. I have a tattoo on my hip, and it didn't hurt -at all-. It's more of an annoying please stop before I punch you feeling than anything painful. ALTHOUGH, the closer it got to my hip bone, the more it hurt.<br><br>WITH THAT SAID! Think about how many bones, and how thin the skin is on the inside of your wrist. I'm planning on getting one at some point, but I'm aware it will probably be more painful than the tattoo on my hip. Anything on bone is going to hurt more than a tattoo on a more fatty part of your body. But, really, any body modification comes with a little bit of pain, you just have to decide if you can tolerate it.
    <br>ah i see. thanks vi! ^_^<br>+ i know about the fatty part vs. bony-er part. 8D<br><br>i don't really know my own pain tolerance, LOL. so i'm a bit afraid. o_O
    bluehh.
  • <span style="color:#0000FF"><span style="font-size:85">Oh gosh. . . Here I go. . . XD I am very much excited for my first tattoos too. My aunt has a Hibiscus flower on her foot. Kinda like this only much more pretty - <a href="http://i47.tinypic.com/2igzzep.jpg"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">http://i47.tinypic.com/2igzzep.jpg</a>; <br>I want to get one the same place, and the same flower only just in a black & white scale. No color.<br><br>Then my mom wants to get a cherry blossum tree on her upper shoulder/back as her first tattoo. I want to get a cherry blossom dedicated to her on the back of my neck a little lower then the hair line.<br><br>Then, me and my cousins are all going to get matching tattoos of a certain star we designed. We're either gonna get that on the inside of our ankles or inside wrist.<br><br>As for my own just because I've been waiting till I'm 18 and can get them tattoos, I want a small dragon fly on one of the insides of my wrists, then I designed my own tribal tattoo and I want that in a half sleeve on my right shoulder/arm. Then on my lower back, I want another tribal design me and my friend designed. <br><br>None of my tattoos I'm going to put color on cause I hate when you get older and it fades. Of course I know that so is the black color, it'll fade but at least I'll know it was black. . . It that makes sense. XD lol<br><br><br>I love tattoos! <3 WOO! ^_^<br><br>My aunt said the same thing as to what Sea Oats said. The closer you get to bone, the more it hurts. But thats just her opinion. Sooo, yeah. . . ^_^</span></span>
  • I have 4 tattoo's One on my back One on EACH shoulder and one on my ankle bone.
    together.jpg
  • BlueIsis wrote:
    Sea Oats wrote:
    HOKAY, so. I have a tattoo on my hip, and it didn't hurt -at all-. It's more of an annoying please stop before I punch you feeling than anything painful. ALTHOUGH, the closer it got to my hip bone, the more it hurt.<br><br>WITH THAT SAID! Think about how many bones, and how thin the skin is on the inside of your wrist. I'm planning on getting one at some point, but I'm aware it will probably be more painful than the tattoo on my hip. Anything on bone is going to hurt more than a tattoo on a more fatty part of your body. But, really, any body modification comes with a little bit of pain, you just have to decide if you can tolerate it.
    <br>ah i see. thanks vi! ^_^<br>+ i know about the fatty part vs. bony-er part. 8D<br><br>i don't really know my own pain tolerance, LOL. so i'm a bit afraid. o_O
    <br>Truthfully, you won't know until you try. xD I got my bellybutton pierced about 3 years ago.. and it hurt ten times worse than the tattoo, which I definitely wasn't expecting, because everyone makes a huge deal about tattoos and pain.<br><br>If there are any other tattoos you want anywhere else, maybe try one of those first, just to see how well you can handle it. It may not hurt at all for you. You're not old enough to have a tattoo yet anyway, are you? xD
    <span style="font-size: 10pt;">rLHC1jx.gif </span><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">sophierue.png</span><span style="font-size: small;"> </span></div><div><span style="font-size: small;">oh I swear to ya, I'll be there for ya.
    10.31.10 ❤
    </span></div>
  • Sea Oats wrote:
    BlueIsis wrote:
    Sea Oats wrote:
    <br>Truthfully, you won't know until you try. xD I got my bellybutton pierced about 3 years ago.. and it hurt ten times worse than the tattoo, which I definitely wasn't expecting, because everyone makes a huge deal about tattoos and pain.<br><br>If there are any other tattoos you want anywhere else, maybe try one of those first, just to see how well you can handle it. It may not hurt at all for you. You're not old enough to have a tattoo yet anyway, are you? xD
    <br>hm, i would expect tattoos to hurt more than a bellybutton piercing. o:<br>i only have my earlobes pierced. T T i want two more piercings, a cartilage piercing, and snakebites. xD<br>but that has to wait till i move out. c:<br><br>& no, these are the only tattoos that i want. D:<br>yep, not old enough. thanks for your advice, though, vi. xD
    bluehh.
  • Keep in mind that asking someone what it was like won't always be 100% accurate either lol. It's very easy to forget exactly how much something hurt :P Now I can be like, eh, it wasn't so bad, but I know that it hurt at the time :P
    ori_zps9dc2c8d8.png
  • Oriyana wrote:
    Keep in mind that asking someone what it was like won't always be 100% accurate either lol. It's very easy to forget exactly how much something hurt :P Now I can be like, eh, it wasn't so bad, but I know that it hurt at the time :P
    <br>i know, thanks for your words, ori. ^_^<br><br>btw, to any of you, is there any way to test your pain tolerance? xD
    bluehh.
  • Well its not entirely safe and i don't recommend it.. but i took a needle and sterilized it best i could and tested poking myself with it around he area i want my tattoo. being VERY careful not to hurt myself in anyway.
  • I got a tattoo on my wrist..it didn't hurt that much
    rawr-4.png
  • I have no tattoos or piercings, even on my ears. And I am 13, I just think it will hurt to much.