Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cant trust anyone -_-

edited July 2010 in Vent
I'm not gonna go through all the details because it would be REALLY long... So to make it short, this guy who I considered a really great friend suddenly turns on me, lies and robs me of 230 freaking dollars. And it was all cause I helped him when he needed it. I'm not employed so that's an insane amount of money to be taken right off me. And nope, there's no way I can get it back.<br><br>So... I am bummed -_-<br>Currently job-hunting so I can pay this off to my dad, since the money was taken out of his account. I've tried a few places such as Dollar General and Petsmart but both require you to be 18... So I've now applied to Braums. Still waiting to hear back but I reallyyy hope I get it ._.<br>I've also got my eyes on this car... So yeah. I hate money in times like this.<br><br>Anyway, rant over -_- Sorry, I just feel really crummy right now Dx

Comments

• What a pal.<br>My little sister's friend steals from us, so now she's not allowed in the house.<br>Except it wasn't money.. It was my mom's Twinkies... EVEN WORSE. Lol<br>My mom doesn't go without her Twinkies.
    29etc79.png
    Back in action?
  • Why can't you get it back?<br>If the guy is older than 18, there might even be special circumstances, such as taking advantage of a minor if you file a complaint with police.<br><br>I'm currently unemployed, and in school. $230 definitely is a big amount to me. I loaned $500 to my mom a few months ago, and so now I have to keep a super close eye on my bank account until I get a job, or until she pays it all back. I definitely know the feeling of being low on money. It really sucks. Good luck on getting job though!
    I'm done with VP. I'll just be around until I get all my dogs and lines placed in good hands. If you want to contact me, please do so through deviantART.
  • NewfGirl wrote:
    What a pal.<br>My little sister's friend steals from us, so now she's not allowed in the house.<br>Except it wasn't money.. It was my mom's Twinkies... EVEN WORSE. Lol<br>My mom doesn't go without her Twinkies.
    <br><br>Whoa, you guys definitely have it worse lol XD<br><br>
    Why can't you get it back?<br>If the guy is older than 18, there might even be special circumstances, such as taking advantage of a minor if you file a complaint with police.<br><br>I'm currently unemployed, and in school. $230 definitely is a big amount to me. I loaned $500 to my mom a few months ago, and so now I have to keep a super close eye on my bank account until I get a job, or until she pays it all back. I definitely know the feeling of being low on money. It really sucks. Good luck on getting job though!
    <br><br>He should be about 18 because he's going off to the marines in a few days... we've thought about going to small claims court but my dad figures that would cost more than I've lost :/<br>Don't get me wrong, if he were in physical reach I'd have been over there, punched him in the nose and taken it back myself a long time ago XD but he's like at the other side of the country.<br>Thanks =)
  • I'd suggest simply consulting with your local law enforcement agency to see what they recommended. It might cost you little to nothing. However, if small claims court is the only route, then you should consider dropping it if you can't afford it. Good luck.
    I'm done with VP. I'll just be around until I get all my dogs and lines placed in good hands. If you want to contact me, please do so through deviantART.
  • <span style="font-weight:bold">Update:</span> Well my dad sent the refund to this lady and now she's saying she didn't get it. So now she's trying to get another $230 outta me. Four words: over my dead body.<br>Somebody said that even if you refund somebody through paypal, it could take 6-8 weeks for paypal to refund the other person. But you'd think they would tell you that *sigh* So I've been doing nothing but fighting off jerks telling me what a scam I am since the other day -_- I am now in a bad mood AGAIN and want to ram my head into the wall *headdesk*<br>save me ;;
  • -swoops in and presses the pause button on life-<br><br>I really wish that worked D:<br>I have been in the same shoes as you before. Yeah money sucks sometimes as well as finding out your 'to be best friend' is actually no friend at all. *sigh* Tis why I don't normally get close to anyone anymore. At least you know now that they cannot be trusted, right? Better now then later down the road where they could have taken more then what they did. I wasn't so lucky xD Gone for about a month come back and my apartment was completely cleaned out and a good two grand taken out of my bank account.
    I do happen to have a art account on DeviantArt I go by CrimsonApple so if you would like to look at my photography and my colorings from Vhr, feel free.
    Owner of Crimson Apple Kennel, bringing you high stated boxers and hyena's.
  • Celtic wrote:
    -swoops in and presses the pause button on life-<br><br>I really wish that worked D:<br>I have been in the same shoes as you before. Yeah money sucks sometimes as well as finding out your 'to be best friend' is actually no friend at all. *sigh* Tis why I don't normally get close to anyone anymore. At least you know now that they cannot be trusted, right? Better now then later down the road where they could have taken more then what they did. I wasn't so lucky xD Gone for about a month come back and my apartment was completely cleaned out and a good two grand taken out of my bank account.
    <br><br>Oh my gosh that's horrible D: Sorry that happened to you. But yeah, you're right - and I will definitely stop trusting people online with real $$$ x_x