Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

world cup.

edited June 2010 in General Discussion
<span style="font-size:92">so, who's been watching the world cup? ^^<br>what teams do you guys root for? :D<br>personally... i can't commit to rooting for one team. xDD<br><br>i absolutely <span style="font-style:italic">adore</span> the italian national team though. (x<br>claudio marchisio! <3<br>+ i should be rooting for south korea, but... >_><br><br>anyways;<br>are you guys even interested in soccer/football? o:<br>[if you didn't know, the US is the only country that calls "football" soccer. so basically, soccer is called football everywhere else. ;D]</span>
bluehh.

Comments

• i watch soccer SOMETIMES... used to play but... yea >.> our school team got cut when football started getting better.. =(
  • Garnet wrote:
    i watch soccer SOMETIMES... used to play but... yea >.> our school team got cut when football started getting better.. =(
    <br><br><span style="font-size:92">awwh. D:<br>i personally think soccer + basketball are the best sports to watch ever. (x<br>i just don't play it. o.o</span>
    bluehh.
  • wow i payed basketball my 7th and 8th grade years.. till i messed up my knee 0.0 i got hit when i had the ball and slide across the court on my knees and it cut my knee open and messed it up... it pops REALLY loud when i squat to pick something up and sometimes even when I'm walking =( I love sports <3
  • Blue!!! :D I watch it! And have been since June 11th. <br><br>I'm going for my home country, Mexico. But I have a feeling that they won't go far, but yet again, you'll never know who will win.<br><br>Man, I've been waiting for this tournament to start, I fell in love with the Italian team 4 years ago, and predicted that they were going to win the world cup.
    83ued_zps40542328.png
  • Garnet wrote:
    wow i payed basketball my 7th and 8th grade years.. till i messed up my knee 0.0 i got hit when i had the ball and slide across the court on my knees and it cut my knee open and messed it up... it pops REALLY loud when i squat to pick something up and sometimes even when I'm walking =( I love sports <3
    <br><span style="font-size:92"><br>wow! o:<br>that sounds like it hurts. T T</span><br><br>
    Lycanthrin wrote:
    Blue!!! :D I watch it! And have been since June 11th. <br><br>I'm going for my home country, Mexico. But I have a feeling that they won't go far, but yet again, you'll never know who will win.<br><br>Man, I've been waiting for this tournament to start, I fell in love with the Italian team 4 years ago, and predicted that they were going to win the world cup.
    <br><br><span style="font-size:92">wee! another soccer fan! :D<br>i adore the italian team, they're such a good-looking bunch. (x<br>but mexico might win, you never know. o_o<br>+ i couldn't believie italy tied 1-1 with new zealand! o:<br>but it's alright, i wish new zealand the best, too. ^^</span>
    bluehh.
  • I'm not a big sports fan. Soccer was my favorite to play during P.E. class though. My family used to be into baseball(the Angels).<br><br> The only serious, big team sports I like to watch <span style="font-style:italic">occasionally</span> are hockey and American football(what would another country call this?). I don't know if anyone here considers them sports, but I LOVE to watch when ESPN gets the cheerleading, gymnastics, and martial arts competitions.
    I'm done with VP. I'll just be around until I get all my dogs and lines placed in good hands. If you want to contact me, please do so through deviantART.
  • :o<br>Other people int the world cup!<br>Im going for the US.<br>But im sure the US wont go to far tho xD<br><br>Italy is a good team too :D!<br><br>Im so into sports its not funny.<br>I havent changed the channel on my tv in months.<br>Cause i watch ESPN -all the time-<br>Well i do change it to the sports games but its still sports related. <br><br>Im more into watching Baseball and softball.<br>Soccer gets boring after a while to me xD<br>Basket ball and American football isnt to bad to watch.<br>I just get confused XD
    KENDALLDREAMY.png
  • I'm not a big sports fan. Soccer was my favorite to play during P.E. class though. My family used to be into baseball(the Angels).<br><br> The only serious, big team sports I like to watch <span style="font-style:italic">occasionally</span> are hockey and American football(what would another country call this?). I don't know if anyone here considers them sports, but I LOVE to watch when ESPN gets the cheerleading, gymnastics, and martial arts competitions.
    <br><br><span style="font-size:92">I'm not a big sports fan either. ^^'<br>+ I think that's just what they call it. American football. o_O<br>+ I think gymnastics is really cool! o:<br><br>@ tiffer; I'm rooting for the US, too. (x<br>I agree, but we've gotta have faith! D:<br>+ yes. italy is a wonderful team. <3<br>dang, i can't watch sports for long. (x<br>i can only watch the world cup and basketball championships. o:</span>
    bluehh.
  • BlueIsis wrote:
    <br><br>@ tiffer; I'm rooting for the US, too. (x<br>I agree, but we've gotta have faith! D:<br>+ yes. italy is a wonderful team. <3<br>dang, i can't watch sports for long. (x<br>i can only watch the world cup and basketball championships. o:[/size]
    <br><br>My family LOVES sports other then step dad so we always watch sports or talk about them xD<br>The US team was totally jipped.<br>That call shouldnt of been called.<br>and we woulda won .<br>I think that ref hated the US xD
    KENDALLDREAMY.png
  • tiffer wrote:
    BlueIsis wrote:
    <br><br>@ tiffer; I'm rooting for the US, too. (x<br>I agree, but we've gotta have faith! D:<br>+ yes. italy is a wonderful team. <3<br>dang, i can't watch sports for long. (x<br>i can only watch the world cup and basketball championships. o:[/size]
    <br><br>My family LOVES sports other then step dad so we always watch sports or talk about them xD<br>The US team was totally jipped.<br>That call shouldnt of been called.<br>and we woulda won .<br>I think that ref hated the US xD
    <br><br><span style="font-size:92">LOL, yes.<br>it was a bit disappointing. ):<br>+ LOL, i agree. maybe the ref has a thing against americans. xD</span>
    bluehh.
  • He was just jealous of our amazing come back in that game xD<br><br>Fifa told ESPN that he prob wont be a ref anymore for the World Cup.<br>But could be used as a line runner or something.<br>Just not a normal ref :P
    KENDALLDREAMY.png
  • BlueIsis wrote:
    tiffer wrote:
    <br>My family LOVES sports other then step dad so we always watch sports or talk about them xD<br>The US team was totally jipped.<br>That call shouldnt of been called.<br>and we woulda won .<br>I think that ref hated the US xD
    <br><br><span style="font-size:92">LOL, yes.<br>it was a bit disappointing. ):<br>+ LOL, i agree. maybe the ref has a thing against americans. xD</span>
    <br>Dude don't even get me started about those refs!<br>Australia has had 2 unfair red cards now -.- on our best players too!<br>First one was on Cahill, he should of only gotten a yellow for that tackle; there were more dangerous tackles then that!<br>Second one was on Kewell because the ball hit his shoulder while he was standing in the goals. You can clearly see he tried to avoid getting hit on the arm and not trying to whack it out of the way or anything! <br>Gahh so stupid.<br><br>We have to win by a 3 goal margin next game against Serbia.. not going to happen D:
  • I normally don't watch sports but I did watch the soccer game yesterday. Martial arts is considered a sport. :wink: you can go to competitions all over the world for it. I love gymnastics. I used to do it but had to quit. :( I think football should be called tackleball. Makes lot more sense then football.
    4q6h53.png
  • <br>Dude don't even get me started about those refs!<br>Australia has had 2 unfair red cards now -.- on our best players too!<br>First one was on Cahill, he should of only gotten a yellow for that tackle; there were more dangerous tackles then that!<br>Second one was on Kewell because the ball hit his shoulder while he was standing in the goals. You can clearly see he tried to avoid getting hit on the arm and not trying to whack it out of the way or anything! <br>Gahh so stupid.<br><br>We have to win by a 3 goal margin next game against Serbia.. not going to happen D:
    <br><br>I agree with you and those red cards.<br>Expesically the one when it hit his shoulder .<br>Defiantly trying to not it the ball at all -.-
    KENDALLDREAMY.png
  • We watch it everyday in class(my school is still on) and my classes stupidity made my day..<br><br>One of the girls: Hey is that England, I love them!!<br><br>And one of the guys" Does it say ENG on the scoreboard and are the players wearing(which ever color uniform they wear).<br><br>Girl: oh (walks away totally confused)
  • <span style="font-size:75"><span style="color:#ff00d2">lmao Bluey, all of North America calls it soccer ;P Including Canada!<br><br>But, I don't care for the sport. It's fun to play, but I don't watch it or follow the world cup at all.<br>&& I miss youu <3</span></span>
    12.png
    Thanks for the lovely banner, Nickel :)
  • <span style="font-size:75"><span style="color:#ff00d2">lmao Bluey, all of North America calls it soccer ;P Including Canada!<br><br>But, I don't care for the sport. It's fun to play, but I don't watch it or follow the world cup at all.<br>&& I miss youu <3</span></span>
    <br><br><span style="font-size:92">HUH.<br>someone told me only the US did.<br>T T<br>my whole life has been a lie. xD<br><br>+ anyways.<br>i miss you too. we don't talk very much these days! D:</span>
    bluehh.
  • USA alll the way baby! I'm sooo happy they made it to the knockout rounds ! I think they would've been seen as a complete failure if not, but I'm very happy with how much american futbol has grown in the US.. It's one of my life goals to try to get the sport to grow! I absolutely adore it and live and breathe it!!<br><br>CLINT DEMPSEY x3333
    IF I OWE YOU MONEY FOR BANNERS PLEASE MESSAGE ME I WILL GET THE CONTRACT TO YOU TOMORROW EVENING!!
  • Im oblegated to root for Portagual.<br><br>My friend is obsessed with # 7 Cristiano Ronaldo.<br><br>She doesnt even know whats going on when watching and continuly asks questions. Im like seriously why root and watch only for some guy you think is hot.
  • Clutzilia wrote:
    USA alll the way baby! I'm sooo happy they made it to the knockout rounds ! I think they would've been seen as a complete failure if not, but I'm very happy with how much american futbol has grown in the US.. It's one of my life goals to try to get the sport to grow! I absolutely adore it and live and breathe it!!<br><br>CLINT DEMPSEY x3333
    <br><br>This is my first time watching the World cup cause well the last time i was 10 and didn't want anything to do with it.<br>but i learned that watching soccer is actually interesting xD<br>Cause of the US's last game they played.<br>Lets hope they don't loose to Ghana :]]!
    KENDALLDREAMY.png
  • <span style="font-size:75"><span style="font-weight:bold">Portugalllllllll<33333<br>and Spain.<br><br>Cristiano Ronaldo, need I say more?</span></span>
    cr7179.png