Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need Books!!

I'm turning 16 on the 27th :D and i am making my birhtday book list!!<br><br>I read and loved all the Harry Potter and everything my Sarah Dessen and A TON of other books. So just let me know whatcha think i should read and maybe what the story is about! thanks<br><br><br><br>* Do Not Say Twilight....

Comments

• PRETTY LITTLE LIARS.<br>8 Book series.<br>Amazing.<br><br>-goes back to cave-
  • xD is that what that TV show is based on?
  • xD is that what that TV show is based on?
    <br><br>Indeed.<br>I like both the books and I love the show, although it's really confusing if you don't pay attention and read the books in order.
  • great! i put that on my list xD<br>how did they do the show, is it like every episode is a chapter or something?<br><br>and has anyone ever read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, and is it any good?
  • I have a lot of books I read, but I'm hesitant to post many of them(my favorites D: ) due to some subject matter and audience(adults). You'll have to PM me if you want those suggestions. <br><br>I don't read a lot of the new stuff, or anything really targeted at teens so my suggestions may suck if you like that stuff.<br><br>If you haven't read it, I suggest The Secret Life of Bees. <br>If you like Vampires I'd suggest some of Anne Rice's Interview with the Vampire. <br>Vanity Fair is a good classic.<br>The Giver(if you haven't read it in school) is a good book to make you think.<br><br>Just for fun, I also suggest The Book of Useless Information. It just a bunch of fun, and funny facts you probably never knew, nor needed to know. There is like a whole series of them or something, but I only bought one after laughing at it in the book store.
    I'm done with VP. I'll just be around until I get all my dogs and lines placed in good hands. If you want to contact me, please do so through deviantART.
  • vampire academy - series of currently 5 books by richelle mead<br>house of night - series of currently 7 books by pc and kristin cast<br>crank, glass, burned, impulse, identicals, and tricks. all by ellen hopkins<br>sweep - series of like 15-17? books by cate tiernan <br><br>I <3 reading!
    SecretDreams.png
  • vampire academy - series of currently 5 books by richelle mead<br>house of night - series of currently 7 books by pc and kristin cast<br>crank, glass, burned, impulse, identicals, and tricks. all by ellen hopkins<br>sweep - series of like 15-17? books by cate tiernan <br><br>I <3 reading!
    <br><br>what are those books about (: <br>i have vampite academy on my list :D
  • Maximum Ride! :D<br>The Lovely Bones.<br><br>Good luck!
  • Crique Du Freak.<br>The Secrets of The immportal Nicholas Falammel<br>Night World
  • twloha wrote:
    Maximum Ride! :D<br>The Lovely Bones.<br><br>Good luck!
    <br><br>LOOOOVE The Lovely Bones <3333
  • Well. I am currently reading the Nightworld series by L.J Smith(same author as vampire diaries) about vampires, witches, werewolves and shape shifters. It is like twilight in some ways vampire falls in love with human girl and the vampires are gorgeous but other then this it was different. I really enjoyed the first book ( I just finished it today and am hoping to get te 2nd book soon)<br><br>I am also reading Gone by Michael Grant about everybody over the age of 14 disappears and the kids and animals left begin to develop special powers. I am not finished it yet and im still unsure whether im going to finish it or not.<br><br>I would also suggest<br>-The private series by Kate Brian.. I forget what the first book is called but there are 14 books in total and they are amazing<br>- The Hunger Games
  • LOOOOVE The Lovely Bones <3333
    <br><br>It's quite lovely so far. :]
  • twloha wrote:
    Maximum Ride! :D<br>The Lovely Bones.<br><br>Good luck!
    <br><br>LOOOOVE The Lovely Bones <3333
    <br><br>was the lovely bones turned into a movie<br><br>and Magical was the Hunger Games really good its on the top of my list right now :D
  • Buffy shall help with the Ellen Hopkins descriptions because they ish buffy's favorite.<br><br>It's been awhile for most of them so i don't have the best descriptions and don't wanna give anything away but...<br><br>All are "real life" books<br><br>Crank/Glass/Burned- Addiction/Pregnancy and other 'teen' issues.<br><br>Identicals- Twin sisters with two different personalities. (Noone give away the ending! =P)<br><br>As Sushi said, alot of buffy's books are 'adult' subject matter also, and I don't know what you personally like to read.<br><br>House of Night- More typical vampire stuff, pretty good series don't get me wrong, but it's the norm i would say...
    Ven.png
  • Buffy wrote:
    Buffy shall help with the Ellen Hopkins descriptions because they ish buffy's favorite.<br><br>It's been awhile for most of them so i don't have the best descriptions and don't wanna give anything away but...<br><br>All are "real life" books<br><br>Crank/Glass/Burned- Addiction/Pregnancy and other 'teen' issues.<br><br>Identicals- Twin sisters with two different personalities. (Noone give away the ending! =P)<br><br>As Sushi said, alot of buffy's books are 'adult' subject matter also, and I don't know what you personally like to read.<br><br>House of Night- More typical vampire stuff, pretty good series don't get me wrong, but it's the norm i would say...
    <br><br><br>I like the real life teen stuff, thats kinda what sarah dessen write about.<br>and i like fantasty too, adult subject matter is okay for me xD<br>im not to be on msyteries i like action some romance<br>Harry Potter is my favorite books ever<br>the hunger games from what i read sounds like somthing i would be very interested in
  • vampire books.<br>vampire academy<br>house of night series<br>blue bloods<br><br>i recommend shiver by maggie stiefvater ;D
    staygold.pngLunar-Eclipse-icon.png
    Purgatory's Playground - an original afterlife role play.
  • I'd say Ellen Hopkins also. :D <br>Maximum Ride series for sure(by James Patterson)<br>The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold<br>My Sister's Keeper and Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult.<br>Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher<br>aaand, I dunno what else. I'll tell you if I think of anything else. xD
    <br><br>Sweep was amazing, if you're into the Wicca based books. The Wicked series by Nancy Holder and Debby Viguie are good. It's three books. The first two contain two books, the third one contains one.
    "I am carrying all my hatred and contempt for power, its laws, its authority, its society, and I have no room for guilt or fear of punishment."-Diego Rios
    Semper Fi.
  • okay thanks guys :D
  • Buffy wrote:
    Buffy shall help with the Ellen Hopkins descriptions because they ish buffy's favorite.<br><br>It's been awhile for most of them so i don't have the best descriptions and don't wanna give anything away but...<br><br>All are "real life" books<br><br>Crank/Glass/Burned- Addiction/Pregnancy and other 'teen' issues.<br> <br>Identicals- Twin sisters with two different personalities. (Noone give away the ending! =P)<br><br>As Sushi said, alot of buffy's books are 'adult' subject matter also, and I don't know what you personally like to read.<br><br>House of Night- More typical vampire stuff, pretty good series don't get me wrong, but it's the norm i would say...
    <br>curse you buffers for stealing my chance at rambling about books<br><br>but I shall say something else. crank glass and tricks are about the same girl (kristina/bree) at different times in her life. burned is about a Mormon girl who is sent to live with her aunt and falls in love with a local boy. and impulse is about three different people (tony, connor, and vanessa) are sent to aspen springs, a rehab center to get help with their various problems. out of all of ellen hopkins books this one is my fav.<br><br>I love vampire academy and house of night is really good at first but I gradually goes downhill. although they aren't so bad that I've stopped reading them lol.
    SecretDreams.png
  • <br>Sweep was amazing, if you're into the Wicca based books.
    <br><br>whats wicca?
    <br><br>a nature and goddess worshipping religion. they are very good books, regardless of whether you are into Wicca or not
    SecretDreams.png
  • great! i put that on my list xD<br>how did they do the show, is it like every episode is a chapter or something?
    <br><br>So far the first 2 episodes have been in the first book.
  • Avla wrote:
    great! i put that on my list xD<br>how did they do the show, is it like every episode is a chapter or something?
    <br><br>So far the first 2 episodes have been in the first book.
    <br><br>i havent watched the show, maybe i will after i read the books (:
  • Umm... Lets see what I have in my shelf.. Thirst by Christopher Pike was good. House of Night, A Break with Charity, which is a book on the Salem Witch trials, though it is fictional. Thats all I have, at the moment.<br><br>Romeo and Juliet, Othello, Macbeth, The Odyssey, etc. Those are really good(: So's Hamlet.
    "I am carrying all my hatred and contempt for power, its laws, its authority, its society, and I have no room for guilt or fear of punishment."-Diego Rios
    Semper Fi.
  • i've read Romeo and Juliet and the Odyssey<br>d:
  • and Magical was the Hunger Games really good its on the top of my list right now <br>
    <br><br>I personally loved the books. The 3rd one comes out in August and I can't wait.. You might wanna add Catching Fire, the second book to your list because I finished the book on a friday and started bawling to my mom cause I had to have the 2nd one.. A bit dramatic but still :)
  • i read a lot, so lets see what I got sittin on my shelf<br><br>Mortal Instruments series<br>Beautiful Creatures by Garcia and Stohl( can't think of first names)<br>Hush, Hush Becca Fitzpatrick<br>Shiver by Stiefvater<br>Any Simone Elkeles books<br>Soul Screamers Series by Rachel vincent<br>the Immortals series by Alyson Noel<br>Fallen- can't remember who it is by<br>Scarlett Wakefield series(Kiss me Kill me, kisses and lies, and kisses in the dark)<br>Gallagher girls series by ally carter<br><br>All really good books and series!
    Froggy.png
  • Magical wrote:
    and Magical was the Hunger Games really good its on the top of my list right now <br>
    <br><br>I personally loved the books. The 3rd one comes out in August and I can't wait.. You might wanna add Catching Fire, the second book to your list because I finished the book on a friday and started bawling to my mom cause I had to have the 2nd one.. A bit dramatic but still :)
    <br><br>xD when in august? and i added the second one
  • <span style="font-weight:bold">The Moth Diaries </span>by <span style="font-weight:bold">Rachel Klein</span>; <span style="font-size:75">At an exclusive girls' boarding school, a sixteen year-old girl records her most intimate thoughts in a diary. </span><br><span style="font-size:75">It's rather dark, though it is definitely my favorite book.</span><br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">A Mango-Shaped Space</span> by <span style="font-weight:bold">Wendy Mass</span> ; <span style="font-size:75">Mia Winchell, a thirteen-year-old girl living with synesthesia. Her synesthesia causes her problems in school, with friends, and winning the understanding of her parents and peers.</span><br><span style="font-size:75">Synesthesia is a really amazing topic, in my opinion.</span><br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">Psyche In A Dress</span> by <span style="font-weight:bold">Francesca Lia Block</span> ; <span style="font-size:75">An interesting book that is prose but reads like poetry. It follows Psyche through her life interposing it upon Greek myths. She begins starring in her fathers violent and explicit films. A victim of abuse she finds it hard to let herself be loved. She makes her own choices, but these are not always the best ones and she loses her main love when she listens to the advice of others</span>.<br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">Dirty Liar</span> by <span style="font-weight:bold">Brian James</span> ; <span style="font-size:75">Benji has to escape his home. His mother's boyfriend has crossed the line, and Benji can't deal with it anymore. So he leaves behind everything he knows to go live with his father and stepmother in Portland. His stepmother is nice, but he doesn't trust her. His father is testy, refusing to trust Benji. And Benji ... he's just trying not to self-destruct.</span><br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">After the Wreck, I Picked Myself Up, Spread My Wings, and Flew Away</span> by <span style="font-weight:bold">Joyce Carol Oates</span> ; <span style="font-size:75">Jenna Abbott separates her life into two categories: before the wreck and after the wreck. Before the wreck, she was leading a normal life with her mom in suburban New York. After the wreck, she is alone, desperate to forget what happened that day on the bridge. Then Jenna meets Crow, and her life is once again turned upside down. He begins to break down the wall that Jenna has built around her emotions. But can she bring herself to face the memories she's tried so hard to erase? </span><br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">Eggs </span>by <span style="font-weight:bold">Jerry Spinelli </span> ; <span style="font-size:75">Eggs is a quirky and moving book about two very complicated, damaged children. David has recently lost his mother to a freak accident, his salesman father is constantly on the road, and he is letting his anger out on his grandmother. Primrose lives with her unstable, childlike, fortuneteller mother, and the only evidence of the father she never knew is a framed picture. Despite their age difference (David is 9, Primrose is 13), they forge a tight yet tumultuous friendship, eventually helping each other deal with what is missing in their lives. [</span> <span style="font-style:italic">(easy read,)</span><br><br><span style="font-style:italic">The Confessions Of Georgia Nicolson Series</span> by <span style="font-weight:bold">Louise Rennison</span> ; <span style="font-size:75">there are 10 books following the life of british teen Georgia, these are actually amazing. LOL. </span><br><br><br>well i hoped that helped :D
    name is britti elizabeth :D
  • Brittsy wrote:
    <br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">A Mango-Shaped Space</span> by <span style="font-weight:bold">Wendy Mass</span> ; <span style="font-size:75">Mia Winchell, a thirteen-year-old girl living with synesthesia. Her synesthesia causes her problems in school, with friends, and winning the understanding of her parents and peers.</span><br><span style="font-size:75">Synesthesia is a really amazing topic, in my opinion.</span><br>well i hoped that helped :D
    <br><br>i google Synesthesia, and yea that is a cool topic. :D<br>i put that book on my list just because of that xD