Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mutts - just an idea

edited November 2005 in Game Suggestions
Okay.<br><br>In Virtual Horses, nef made something called a Grade horse rather than coming up with hybrids all the time. What the grade horse is, is a fertile verison of the hybrid basically in VHR.<br><br>What my suggestion is, is why not make a 'grade' dog of such for Virtual Pups? <br><br>In VHR you can take any particular grade, as long as it is of the same classing of horse and cross-breed it into a pure blooded line. I know, I'm using quad grade Gaited horses as a means of improving basically all the stats on the pure-blooded gaited horse breeds.<br><br><br>An example VP verison<br><br>Golden Retreiver X Flat Coated Retreiver = Grade Sport AAA<br>Grade Sport AAA X Lab = Lab<br><br>By this means, you can have a variety of sizes and colorations added to the different breeds.
BREEDS: Anatolians, Alapaha BBBs, Royal Wolf, Mioritics, Hell Hounds, Chinooks, Hookaido Inus PB: Kyuubi no Kitsune

Comments

• Umm because a mixed breed horse is called a grade horse and a mixed breed dog is called a Mutt. Horse breeding/intermingling of breeds is a whole lot different than doing the same with dogs, and it's unrealistic to cross dog breeds and end up with the same breed of dog even though they aren't pure, that doesn't happen in the real world like it does with some horse breeds. :D
  • WoS wrote:
    Umm because a mixed breed horse is called a grade horse and a mixed breed dog is called a Mutt. Horse breeding/intermingling of breeds is a whole lot different than doing the same with dogs, and it's unrealistic to cross dog breeds and end up with the same breed of dog even though they aren't pure, that doesn't happen in the real world like it does with some horse breeds. :D
    <br><br>I agree, dog breeding is deferent the horse breeding... it just wouldn't work out. Even if it would work out I wouldn't agree with haveing grade dogs because I don't like the grade horses on VHR, that's one reason why I now play VP more often!
    Sig2.png
  • but, crossbred dogs, can still be bred. Why not on the game??
    Dun message me. I quit.

If you want a full explanation(most should know) message me
  • I'm not sure why Mutts can't be bred/aren't breedable..it makes no sense to me, I would be the first to say they should be breedable. <br><br>But they should never make a purebred dog by crossing other dogs into the lines, in fact most horse breeds don't allow that either which is one of the reasons I got turned off on VHR, the unrealistic breed crossings. I don't want to see what I consider a 'flaw' on VHR to be implemented here as a good thing. <br><br>I mean if you were to cross a GSD and a chihuahua you certainly wouldn't get a purebred chihuahua and you wouldn't get a purebred GSD. And you'd probably get laughed at for even thinking about trying to register it as either. If mutts were to say they were a cross of the breeds they're a cross of that might be a good idea, but you should never be able to breed a chihuahua to a GSD and end up with a purebred of either breed no matter how many times you cross it back to the original.
  • Well, I guess mutts are unbreedable because it would be too easy to get high statted dogs-or at least thats what I've heard- but I still don't agree with it.<br><br>I really don't see why imported mutts that are bred w/ other imported mutts can't have fertile offspring (or can they . . . hmmm). It would sort of be (ready here comes an oxymoron) a purebred mutt.<br><br>I don't like the idea of "grade dogs". Even in horse breeding you can't always breed horse breed A w/ horse breed B and get horse breed A.
    Kaquel.gif
  • If you breed 2 imported mutts, you still get neutered
    Dun message me. I quit.

• See thats what I'm talking about . . . I don't see why if the lines are purely made of mutts that are from imported parents they can't be breedable
    Kaquel.gif
  • 1. Mutts cannot be bred because it would be too easy to get a line of uber dogs by crossing any set of 10 x 4s, it would be insanity.<br><br>2. Mutts are mutts, there's too many as it is, I'd shudder to think of what would happen if they were fertile...<br><br>3. This has been brought up before and shot right back down.
  • See Nitty I have to only partially agree with you. If say someone breeds a german sheperd and a lab and gets a mutt, then by all means it should be neutered automatically altwise the site would be taken over by 10x4 mutts! lol.<br><br>However if someone takes an imported mutt and another imported mutt breeds them together and therefore creates a "purebred mutt" (theres the oxymoron again) it should be fertile since its basically the same thing as breeding any other breed. However if they took an imported mutt and bred it to say a papillon, the offspring would be infertile.
    Kaquel.gif
  • Good points
    Dun message me. I quit.

• Then I motion that mutts should be removed from the imports list, problem soved.
  • I second that motion. Mutts just shoulnd't be bred unless you want a high starred events dog or to get a gift color that you want. They should remain infertile once they are born
    YzmaandKronk.gif
  • SCWT345 wrote:
    I second that motion. Mutts just shoulnd't be bred unless you want a high starred events dog or to get a gift color that you want. They should remain infertile once they are born
    <br><br>Yeppers, although we should brace ourselves, Mutts Equal Rights Activists should be messaging us soon, calling us cruel and wishing doom on us.
  • I am so used to it right now... Bring on the doom makers!
    YzmaandKronk.gif
  • That I agree with lol. I really never understood why mutts were on the import list anyway. :D
    Kaquel.gif
  • Ok, <br><br>1. I have a question, that does indeed go with this.<br><br>Why, if they are just going to be neutered, are mutts on this game. Because mutts, in real life, are breedable. My gosh, the animals I know of that are bred unfertile are mules. So, if, on hte game, mutts are unbreedable,why even have them??? Because people like to breed great danes and rotties? why not make that "illegal".?????? To me, mutts make great dogs.<br><br>Let's say that you breed a lab(fantastic family member) with a bc(fantastic herding/agility dog) then you get a fantastic herding/agility/family member. So mutts are about the best dog you can get.<br><br>If mutts are "the worst breeds on the game" and cannot be bred, <br><br>(my real question)<br><span style="font-weight:bold">why</span> are they on here?
    Dun message me. I quit.

• Because it's a game, there's no need for them here.
  • exactly....<br>Why are they on the game then at all?!?!?!
    Dun message me. I quit.

• Because there's no crossbreeding so when you breed 2 different breeds of dog, so something has to come out.
  • Ok, I said.<br><br>Why not delete mutts from game, and then when someone goes to breed a mutt, say "this is no longer aloud"????
    Dun message me. I quit.

• Because there would be a riot from people who want mutts.
  • ok
    Dun message me. I quit.

• The other thing I don't get is the cockapoo... it is a mutt, a cross between a poodle and a cocker spaniel, it shouldn't have a breed name except for mutt.
    YzmaandKronk.gif
  • Exactly !!<br><br>another thing.<br><br>Why is it that there is a cockapoo, but you have to breed 2 cockapoos to get one. Why is it that if you breed a cocker spaniel, and poodle, why do you get a mutt?
    Dun message me. I quit.

• LMAO I wish I knew the logic behind it but you can't breed a poodle and a cocker spaniel to get a cockapoo, you HAVE to import it... I personally hate the fact that they've been added, but once again, constant whining has prevailed... Too many were whining that the cockapoo should have been a breed, even though it isn't even on in real life!<br><br>Ugh, don't get me started on this freak of designer nature...
  • LMAO!!
    Dun message me. I quit.