Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Art+Lies=Attention -short rant-

edited May 2010 in Vent
I just HATE it when people put up things like "art fails" in the art section, when it turns out they are amazing. I feel like it's just for attention. You have amazing art, so you say it's bad and everyone goes "ohh, it's amazing! It's not bad!". <br><br>END OF RANT
Want a 2 OAK gifty? Go here:http://virtualpups.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=66766&highlight=

COLOR IS SERENE PINK WITH WHITE WISPS AND ANGELIC WINGS!

Comments

• Omg I hate when people do that too! I mean I say some of my stuff is bad but its usually like the art that took me forever and I can see erase lines and see little mistakes.. lol
  • I think it's a human need for attention, not just art.<br>How many super skinny girls say "I'm fat"?<br>The pretty girls say their ugly,<br>Muscular guys say their not built.<br><br>Everyone craves compliment and want to hear it from everyone else. I believe its human nature at its finest.
    Ven.png
  • Actually whisp, I've been doing that for years, it's just kind of my thing ;)
    seaoats_insanityban.png
  • If you notice: this is the first art thread I've posted on VP. I'm simply following the same way I've done it on other forums, ever since I first typoed "Art Flails" and I thought it was a bit funny ;)
    seaoats_insanityban.png
  • I didn't say flails, I said fails, and there have been many I've seen. I've actually never heard a skinny person say they are fat (surprising I know), although I'm pretty sure everyone thinks they're ugly on some days, even me. i don't say it though. I also have days when I feel prettier than normal...
    Want a 2 OAK gifty? Go here:http://virtualpups.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=66766&highlight=

COLOR IS SERENE PINK WITH WHITE WISPS AND ANGELIC WINGS!
  • I hate it when my friend says he sucks and bmx and throws his bike on the ground. The kid is doing no handed tucks and tailwhips from flat (sorry prob makes no sense) and I can barely land a tailwhip out of a quarter. I'm like cool; you make me feel great about how I ride. Cause if you suck imagine how I feel. I still don't think everybody says that cause they want attention: yeah, definitely sometimes though, and it's very annoying.
    paranoid.png
  • I think it sometimes is for attention, but other times I think "art fails" is just a broad term for sketches, old artworks, W.I.P.s, or piece perceived as "not their best" by the artist. I definitely wouldn't call one of my sketches a master piece, even if it looks that way to other people. Basically it's about comparison, either they are comparing to some of their own pieces they really like, or they are comparing to other artists.
    I'm done with VP. I'll just be around until I get all my dogs and lines placed in good hands. If you want to contact me, please do so through deviantART.
  • Sometimes people really do believe that their art fails. Because, like PrinceSushi said, we compare to others' work that is better than ours. Which is the same with the things Buffy mentioned: skinny girls saying they're fat, pretty girls saying they're ugly. It's because they compare themselves to girls in magazines that have been photoshopped.<br><br>Sometimes people don't do it for attention.
  • I would hesitate to even begin trying to think of an artist that professes complete satisfaction with a piece - every time you create something, it is the process of looking back and saying, "Oh, I could have improved this, and that over there," that give you the ability to improve.
    seaoats_insanityban.png