Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Labels

edited May 2010 in Vent
I hate labels.<br>People are people, no matter what.<br>Everyone is equal.<br>I've recently been called some things like "emo" and "scene" because of my hair and the way I dress.<br>Some even say the music I listen to makes me different.<br>I like being unique, my own person, but I'm not gonna be a labeled person.<br>People need to get it out of their heads real quick.

Comments

• Haha, I used to say this all the time, I get what you mean.<br>People label you all the time.<br>Someone called me a hippy the other day, actually<br>[which is very different from the punk I usually get]<br>It's always going to happen, I think, people like to categorize things.<br><br>To be fair, I label people too, but don't impose the labels on their personality- only how they dress. My Buddy always wears v-necks, skinny jeans and vans. He dyes his hair and has his lip pierced. He's a Scene-kid. I buy him gifts fit for a scene-kid. He, unlike the stereotype, acts like a 5-year-old.
  • I happily give and accept labels.<br><br>Truth is that everyone labels everything, even if you don't realize it. It's probably pretty hard, maybe even impossible not to label things. Young, old, good, bad, geeky, attractive, cool, smart, girly, goth, emo, etc. We use labels everyday, but only get mad when we are labeled by others. Labeling is simply done to help us categorize and simplify; whether or not the label is correct, incorrect, favorable, or unfavorable.<br><br>Just be happy with yourself. It shouldn't matter what others think about you if you're happy with the way you look, and the music you listen to. It's not worth getting angry about what other people think you are or aren't. Spend the time doing what you like instead.
    I'm done with VP. I'll just be around until I get all my dogs and lines placed in good hands. If you want to contact me, please do so through deviantART.
  • I understand labeling.<br>I label people but not out loud.<br>I keep it in my head, and if someone says they aren't sometihng I don't keep arguing they are.<br>People always call me the scene/emo kid because I have black hair, wear kinda tight pants, graphic tees, and like slip on shoes.<br>Oh well.<br>I am what I am whether they accept it or not.
  • Just ignore them. When I first started getting really into metal and changed the way I dressed (This had NOTHING to do with me trying to be different or anything, like people thought. I'd been listening to rock and metal since I was born. Thats just how my family is.) People were always like "Emo!" "Goth!" And they said some things I'd rather not repeat. Once I had a boy ask me if I ever ate a bat, because he "heard that some rockstar like a million years ago did it" I simply replied "Why, yes. I have." And smiled. Needless to say people left me alone after that xD (And. No I have never eaten a bat nor do I plan to lol) So after I don't know why I just told you all that. Heres my advice: If they want to think things about you, let them. When they say things to you, ignore them. Don't say anything about them to make them angry and they should have anything to say about you. Keep being yourself, dont change for anyone. Only you. And thats only if you want too. Keep your head up high and show confidence, you'll be fine :]
    slipknot-1.png