Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Book Suggestions

edited January 2010 in General Discussion
I have money to spend on books tomorrow I want suggestions :)<br><br>NO Twilight<br>Read every Sarah Dessen Book.<br><br><br>So recent favorites were<br>The Summoning<br>Stealing Heaven<br>What my mother doesn't know.<br>Blood Promise<br> <br>Books I Plan On Getting:<br>Dreaming Anastasia - Joy Preble<br>Living dead girl - elizabeth scott<br>Love you hate you miss you - elizabeth scott
ccf3ec1cafcdf67c83857705ffcc4d77-d5ztjco.gif

Comments

• Did you read witch and wizard yet?<br><br>ummm... *thinks*
    2dbtohy.png
  • The Giver<br>Gathering Blue<br>The Messenger<br><br>City of Ember<br>People of Sparks<br>Diamond of Darkhold<br>(I think I'm missing one of the books to the series o.O)<br><br>Those are my favorite books ever!
    robanner_zps46f75ebe.png
  • oh dear...hmm.. *ponders*<br>Well, I don't have them with me ATM, but here are some titles if you care to look them up. lol<br>They're mostly vampiresque books though, just so ya know. :3<br>Vampire Diaries Series<br>Night World Series (magick, werewolves, vampires, etc etc)<br>Darkyn Series (only read one of them, but it was beyond amazing. xD )<br>umm...I'll be back when I can think of more. ><<br><br>*thought*<br>City of Bones, City of Glass, those books..can't remember the other one's name. they have Jace, Alex, etc in them, if that helps identify them. x.x
    az7051.jpg<3
  • I dunno if you like classics or not wheatums but if you do Jane Austen is good (Emma is my favorite)<br><br>obviously you don't like twilight but do you read vampire books in general? because Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz , and House of Night by P.C. Cast are good.<br>Oh and I second the Vampire Diaries, although the show is better :P lol
    2dbtohy.png
  • Jazz wrote:
    I dunno if you like classics or not wheatums but if you do Jane Austen is good (Emma is my favorite)<br><br>obviously you don't like twilight but do you read vampire books in general? because Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz , and <span style="font-weight:bold">House of Night by P.C. Cast</span> are good.<br>Oh and I second the Vampire Diaries, although the show is better :P lol
    <br><br><br> I secondly bajillion something-or-other this.. o.o *freaks out* I can't believe I forgot that. x.x<br>And the blue bloods..even though I still haven't finished the last one out yet..
    az7051.jpg<3
  • THE LOVELY BONES by ALICE SEBOLD<br><br>I couldn't think of what it was called rofl. Anyways that one was good but kind of disturbing.<br><br>And if you like books more on the kid side... Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan. the first one is called The Lightning Thief.
    2dbtohy.png
  • Lets see...<br>My soul to take- Rachel Vincent<br>North of Beautiful- Justina Chen Headley<br>Immortal Series (Evermore, Blue Moon, Shadowland)- Alyson Noel<br>Honestly, Anything by Alyson Noel is good<br>Wake- Lisa McMann<br>Fade (sequel to Wake)-Lisa McMann<br>Gemma Series (A great and terrible beauty, Rebal Angels, A Sweet Far Thing)- Libba Bray<br>Luxe Series- Anna Godberson<br>Shiver- Maggie Stiefvater<br>And if you havn't read it yet, Hunger Games and Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins<br><br>I read so much, I practically live at my local library. These are my most recent favorites.<br><br>Oh yeah, If you like sci-fi type stuff, anything by robin cook(Mutation and Outbreak are great) and micheal chrichton (State of Fear is Amazing)
    Froggy.png
  • Breeding wrote:
    Lets see...<br>My soul to take- Rachel Vincent<br>North of Beautiful- Justina Chen Headley<br>Immortal Series (Evermore, Blue Moon, Shadowland)- Alyson Noel<br>Honestly, Anything by Alyson Noel is good<br>Wake- Lisa McMann<br>Fade (sequel to Wake)-Lisa McMann<br>Gemma Series (A great and terrible beauty, Rebal Angels, A Sweet Far Thing)- Libba Bray<br>Luxe Series- Anna Godberson<br>Shiver- Maggie Stiefvater<br>And if you havn't read it yet, Hunger Games and Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins<br><br>I read so much, I practically live at my local library. These are my most recent favorites.<br><br>Oh yeah, If you like sci-fi type stuff, anything by robin cook(Mutation and Outbreak are great) and micheal chrichton (State of Fear is Amazing)
    LOVED SHIVER<br><br>Oh yah Wake I need to put that on my half price list I dont wanna pay full for it its too short >.<<br><br>Gemma Series is on my list to borrow for my english teacher :) <br><br>Read the Mortal Intruments series Vamp ;)<br><br>And im gonna go look through all the others first too see what catches my eyes
  • lol<br>I totally forgot about shiver. x.x<br>btw-did you know they're coming up with a new Mortal Instruments book??? I think it's City of Broken Angels or something... *ponders*
    az7051.jpg<3
  • lol<br>I totally forgot about shiver. x.x<br>btw-did you know they're coming up with a new Mortal Instruments book??? I think it's City of Broken Angels or something... *ponders*
    I did know :) Im excited for it even though itll be like 4 months after its release when I finally get it.
  • Wheaton wrote:
    lol<br>I totally forgot about shiver. x.x<br>btw-did you know they're coming up with a new Mortal Instruments book??? I think it's City of Broken Angels or something... *ponders*
    I did know :) Im excited for it even though itll be like 4 months after its release when I finally get it.
    <br>haha, I found out in drafting class about two months ago. xD<br>I forget when the release is, but Ima try and reserve a copy at borders. :3
    az7051.jpg<3
  • The House of Night is a great series so is Vampire Acadamy I just got the last book to each of these series but haven't had the chance to read them. I have heard from many people that books by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes are good they are about shape shifters and stuff I haven't read any of them yet.
  • Buffy read House of Night... all i have to say is... Don't read the last book before the one comes out middle of this year. The end of the last book out... It magnifies all the lose ends then leaves you hanging, i wanted to cry.<br><br>But as for suggestions...<br>Burned<br>Crank<br>Glass<br>Identical <br>Impulse<br>All Those are Ellen Hopkins <3
    Ven.png
  • Buffy wrote:
    Buffy read House of Night... all i have to say is... Don't read the last book before the one comes out middle of this year. The end of the last book out... It magnifies all the lose ends then leaves you hanging, i wanted to cry
    <br><br>OMG I know, I could have just as easily stopped after the one before it (hunted?) and then waited until the next one comes out.
    2dbtohy.png
  • Jazz wrote:
    Buffy wrote:
    Buffy read House of Night... all i have to say is... Don't read the last book before the one comes out middle of this year. The end of the last book out... It magnifies all the lose ends then leaves you hanging, i wanted to cry
    <br><br>OMG I know, I could have just as easily stopped after the one before it (hunted?) and then waited until the next one comes out.
    <br><br>*hi-jacks*<br><br>I was and still am extremely upset about it, im like really? grr.<br>but i don't see what's going to happen in the next book. -.-
    Ven.png
  • Shoot. I love Sarah Dessen.<3<br><br>L.A Candy- Lauren Conrad.
    142hdhl.png
  • Brave Story by Miyuki Miyabe ia really good, I'm reading that right now
  • Blood and Chocolate<br>The Silver Kiss<br>Speak<br>Speak Softly She can Hear
    2dj8avm.jpg
  • The series of unfortunate events may seem childish, but it was awesome! I'd reccomend it for any age, it's a wonderful story that unfolds to a mystery you could never imagine the size of! It's mind boggling yet fun to read.<br><br>I'm in the middle of the hobbit. Enjoying it so far.
    Sweatshirts - the best way of showing school spirit without getting off the couch