Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSP or PS?

edited December 2009 in General Discussion
<span style="font-size:92">I'd like your opinion.<br><br>Adobe Photoshop or Jasc Paint Shop Pro ? <br><br>I've used PS before, and it was pretty chill. But I haven't used PSP yet. d; Are there any free trials that I can try out?<br><br>&& I'm leaning towards PSP. Why? <br><br>Because of the -HUGE- price difference !<br><br>Right now, looking on the PS site, Adobe CS4 is $700 USD while Corel [Jasc] PSP is on sale for $30 USD && $70 USD. [The $30 is for the older version of PSP X2. d;]<br><br>So, could I have some reviews on PSP? (:<br><br>Thanks in advance. ^^;</span>
bluehh.

Comments

• I know Reina uses PSP, and you see the wonderful work she does.<br>I'm a GIMP person, so I have no personal experience with either, so I couldn't help you there.
    of84f8.png
    DA Account
    53/50 Million by 1.31.10
    I MADE IT!!!
  • I know Reina uses PSP, and you see the wonderful work she does.<br>I'm a GIMP person, so I have no personal experience with either, so I couldn't help you there.
    <br><br><span style="font-size:92">Oh, she does ? :D<br>Then maybe PSP is pretty good. ^^<br><br>&& thanks for your input, anyways. (:</span>
    bluehh.
  • <span style="font-size:75">I'm gonna say go with Photoshop. I use CS2 and it certainly hasn't let me down ^^ </span>
    WHITECHRISTMASSIG1.png

(email/msn is now posted, so add me, but make sure to let me know who you are :] )
  • I use Photoshop. And haveworked with Cs3 & 4. It has centainly, never failed. In the past, I had corel pro paint x2, and honestly, it was rubish. It kept on Crashing in the middle of my work. So I say Photoshop. I found corel difficult to work with, in this version, you coulnt download new brushes (as far as I could tell...) And the price :/ I understand.. I don't know about corel, but with Photoshop, you can download a free,full 30 day trial, so you can see if you like it ^.^ & I am willing to give you some pointers. If corel does have a trial, or you know someone with it,you can use theirs, and decide on which one you like most. Price wise, don't better quality things come with more expensive price tags? xD Also, if you have a friend with Photoshop (even an earlier CS version) they might be willing to lend you it, or you could try and buy it from them. If they had, say CS3, then bought CS4, then they might be happy to sell CS3 cheaply to you=D OVerall it's really up to you. But, I would really recommend you trying both out. :D when I was buying my first program I made a post like this, between corel and Photoshop elements. I was told corel was better.. And I regret my decision xD
    Coldplay4.jpg

Please PM me if I win anything.
    - Reached 9x4 Tibetan Terriers & 9x4 Kashmiri Sheepdogs.
    Want help with graphics making? Just PM me!
    6/40
  • woodpecker wrote:
    I use Photoshop. And haveworked with Cs3 & 4. It has centainly, never failed. In the past, I had corel pro paint x2, and honestly, it was rubish. It kept on Crashing in the middle of my work. So I say Photoshop. I found corel difficult to work with, in this version, you coulnt download new brushes (as far as I could tell...) And the price :/ I understand.. I don't know about corel, but with Photoshop, you can download a free,full 30 day trial, so you can see if you like it ^.^ & I am willing to give you some pointers. If corel does have a trial, or you know someone with it,you can use theirs, and decide on which one you like most. Price wise, don't better quality things come with more expensive price tags? xD Also, if you have a friend with Photoshop (even an earlier CS version) they might be willing to lend you it, or you could try and buy it from them. If they had, say CS3, then bought CS4, then they might be happy to sell CS3 cheaply to you=D OVerall it's really up to you. But, I would really recommend you trying both out. :D when I was buying my first program I made a post like this, between corel and Photoshop elements. I was told corel was better.. And I regret my decision xD
    <br><br><span style="font-size:92">I've had PS 7 before, and I've worked with CS2-CS4 before, too. So I know what Photoshop is like. d; I used to have PS7 until my stupid dad deleted it off the computer and told me he didn't know where the CD was. - -;<br>It's just the hefty price. - -;<br>I'd -much- rather buy Photoshop since I've had experience with it, and never ever used Corel before. d;<br>But yeah. I'll see if I can find a used copy maybe. (:<br>Thanks.<br><br>@ rohesia; Alright, thanks for your input. ^^</span>
    bluehh.
  • <span style="font-size:92">Just looked on Ebay and found some really nice deals on both CS4 and CS3. (:<br>So I'm most likely going with Photoshop. ^^;</span>
    bluehh.
  • Yeah.. I've used PS before and I find it's a LOT easier to use than PSP.<br><br>I don't think it matters which program you have, if you're a good graphic designer you can make any program work.<br><br>I have PSP 9 and I've been on it so many times I've found all the glitches on it. Sometimes it crashes so I press Ctrl + S like every minute basically. It doesn't do a lot of things that PS does that I want it to do, so I have to come up with new ideas and then I see everyone else doing them as well. I'm being sucked dry with stupid PSP!<br><br>:P<br><br>GL in your photoshop romance.
    "war cry" presas canarios, aryan molossus, and cao.