Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Torn (Soccer Vs. Agility.)

edited July 2009 in Vent
So as most of you know, I use to play soccer and I was very good at it. I stopped playing soccer for dog agility.<br>I have 4 dogs;<br>Bailey (4 year old very sucessful black Labrador Retriever)<br>Shorty (2 year old Black and white Border Collie, career is just taking off)<br>Swivel (1 year old Red Tri Border Collie, just a pet for now)<br>Propel (3 months old INSANE black tri Border Collie potential agility dog)<br><br>Anyways, I've basically commited my life to agility and my doggies. Which is really good but has several catches to it. The exspenses for training , equiptment, food, vet bills ect. Which you get into when you purchase a dog of course.<br><br>So that's not exactly the problem.<br>The problem is that I really want to do soccer again, but the thing in our house is you do one thing, and one thing only. My dad tends to do this so each kid can do whatever they want and afford it and on top of that not have conflict with other things getting in the way of the other. Aswell as having passion and desire for that thing only.<br>So basically, I've been gone all weekend at a U.s national game in Philadelphia, PA and we went and watched because we're huge soccer fans aswell as friends with a few players on the team.<br><br>Chad Marshall (defender of the year in MLS and extremley friendly guy.) told me I was a really good player and we've been talking to him since probably 2004 and what not.<br>So basically soccers kept me going and I'm really missing playing, I'm just not sure what to do. My dad gets angry everytime I consider switching something, like going to riding horses again or playing soccer.<br>I'm not exactly sure what to do, you'd think my dad would want me to play soccer again because he loves the game and he also trains younger children.<br><br>But that's not exactly the case?<br><br>I need advice . >.< help me?!
IF I OWE YOU MONEY FOR BANNERS PLEASE MESSAGE ME I WILL GET THE CONTRACT TO YOU TOMORROW EVENING!!

Comments

• Meh. I love soccer and love dogs. I know- start a dog rescue and teach them how to play soccer. xD I'd do agility. Maybe you could get enough in prize money to rescue a shelter dog that's all purebred and good for agility. I know nothing of agility so they'd prolly say that rescue dogs aren't good because they're just ew. >.> I have a prollem. Leave me be. xD
    Sweatshirts - the best way of showing school spirit without getting off the couch
  • I'd stick with agility, but maybe that's because I play it. :P <br><br><br>Pepper, I dont think there is prize money at agility trials xD Unless... there is at other events besides the ones I go to. Costs a lot of money to keep up with agility, and... you get a ribbon pretty much at most for all the expenses. The REAL benefit to it is the bond between owner & dog. It feels so good to run agility. You're like, a part of each other. It's amazing <3<br><br>I'm a huge dog person anyway, and would much prefer agility then spending time with a team for soccer (or any game for that matter). But, if you love one more than the other, then I'd go for whichever comes on top in your mind ^^ Agility for me has given me a huge boost in confidence I never had before, so, for me, it's been a good thing. To actually go run out in front of a crowd and not totally breakdown... I think thats good xD lol.<br><br>Besides, you already have equipment, dont you? In the end (trial fees, dog payments, etc.) Im sure soccer is a lot cheaper... but, I think in the end what really matters is which one is better for you.<br><br>And... why cant you just cut down on agility to do soccer? I only run my dog certain times of the year, and he only takes classes those times of the year as well... so, we dont pay any agility fees for a few months out of the year, perhaps you can just not do agility while you do a season of soccer?<br><br><br>Good luck with it though =D Your dogs seem to be good at it, so, I'd hate to see them lose out on their fun as well :D
    All good things must come to an end. All endings will begin new good things.
    mini_nickel_vere_roan_quin_by_evlonarts_d6ih13_by_jaded_night-d775ero.png
  • Nickel - what you said makes a lot of sense, I suppose I'll speak to my dad later this evening based on what you said about the seasons and everything.<br><br>Pepper - Didn't make too much sense.. lol
    IF I OWE YOU MONEY FOR BANNERS PLEASE MESSAGE ME I WILL GET THE CONTRACT TO YOU TOMORROW EVENING!!
  • >.> I know. That's me though. xD<br><br>But I would stick with agility. Mostly because you spend more time with your dogs that way. My parents hate all breeding/competition of dogs, and I'm not ALL for it, but I'm all fr getting as much time as possible with your dogs. If you've trained them for agility already, I'd go with agility.
    Sweatshirts - the best way of showing school spirit without getting off the couch
  • Hm yeah I'm still not sure. I'm pretty much torn, Im clueless as to what to do and what not to do..
  • Our opinions can't really help your decision. D;<br>I've never tried agility, and I'd still prefer it over soccer. xD Only because soccer gives me way too much asthma.