Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

the CTRL + V game

Comments

• ahaha....<br>Themes, Motifs & Symbols<br><br>Themes<br>Themes are the fundamental and often universal ideas explored in a literary work.<br>Racism and Slavery<br>Although Twain wrote Huckleberry Finn two decades after the Emancipation Proclamation and the end of the Civil War, America—and especially the South—was still struggling with racism and the aftereffects of slavery. By the early 1880s, Reconstruction, the plan to put the United States back together after the war and integrate freed slaves into society, had hit shaky ground, although it had not yet failed outright. As Twain worked on his novel, race relations, which seemed to be on a positive path in the years following the Civil War, once again became strained. The imposition of Jim Crow laws, designed to limit the power of blacks in the South in a variety of indirect ways, brought the beginning of a new, insidious effort to oppress. The new racism of the South, less institutionalized and monolithic, was also more difficult to combat. Slavery could be outlawed, but when white Southerners enacted racist laws or policies under a professed motive of self-defense against newly freed blacks, far fewer people, Northern or Southern, saw the act as immoral and rushed to combat it.<br><br><br>Although Twain wrote the novel after slavery was abolished, he set it several decades earlier, when slavery was still a fact of life. But even by Twain’s time, things had not necessarily gotten much better for blacks in the South. In this light, we might read Twain’s depiction of slavery as an allegorical representation of the condition of blacks in the United States even after the abolition of slavery. Just as slavery places the noble and moral Jim under the control of white society, no matter how degraded that white society may be, so too did the insidious racism that arose near the end of Reconstruction oppress black men for illogical and hypocritical reasons. In Huckleberry Finn, Twain, by exposing the hypocrisy of slavery, demonstrates how racism distorts the oppressors as much as it does those who are oppressed. The result is a world of moral confusion, in which seemingly “goodâ€
    2z5m15h.jpg
  • This is what you do when you love someone. Not just like. Only if you’re in love.
    Ven.png
  • ___ returned to the oncology clinic for follow up of his history of non-Hodgkin lymphoma and mild thrombocytopenia. He has been feeling well lately and has no new complaints. He specifically denies fevers, night sweats, chills, nausea, and vomiting. His appetite has been good. He has not been having any new pain.<br><br>PHYSICAL EXAMINATION: He weighs 148 pounds. Blood pressure 127/82, pulse 80, temperature 96.4. No oropharyngeal exudates. His neck is supple and symmetric, and without adenopathy. Lungs are clear. Back is without CVA or spinal tenderness. Heart is regular in rate and rhythm. Abdomen is soft and nontender. No liver edge, and no spleen tip. No peripheral adenopathy or edema, although he does have one 1-cm lymph node in the left axilla, which is stable. <br><br>LABORATORY VALUES: White count 8900, hemoglobin 14.2, platelets 151,000. Chemistry is unremarkable.<br><br>IMPRESSION: No evidence of recurrence of his lymphoma. His thrombocytopenia is stable with no significant increased risk of bleeding at this time.<br><br>PLAN: Follow up with me in 6 months.
    "war cry" presas canarios, aryan molossus, and cao.
  • Hey KC, I hope your ankle heals quickly! <br><br>I DONT KNOW O.O<br><br>My name isnt KC >.> and my friend KC's ankle healed like a month ago.
    ccf3ec1cafcdf67c83857705ffcc4d77-d5ztjco.gif
  • Karajan - Beethoven Symphony No. 9 : Part 2<br><br><br>I love this.
  • your so hypnotizing, you've got me laughing while i sing, you've got me smiling in my sleep, and i can see this unraveling, your love is where i'm falling so please don't cath me
  • <span style="font-size:92"> <a href="http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc40/Sea-Oats/Shh Secret/1256036052.jpg&quot; target="_blank" class="bb-url">http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc40 ... 036052.jpg</a></span>
    <span style="font-size: 10pt;">rLHC1jx.gif </span><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">sophierue.png</span><span style="font-size: small;"> </span></div><div><span style="font-size: small;">oh I swear to ya, I'll be there for ya.
    10.31.10 ❤
    </span></div>
  • sierra sky ranch haunted
  • Wolfbackgroundtext.png
    Doing Banners/Manips message me if interested
  • Halt! You may not spend more than 10000 playcash on an event!
  • Because I am running a help programe for novices on there. Could you creat an account? If not then I can send you some information to fill out.
    Wolfbackgroundtext.png
    Doing Banners/Manips message me if interested
  • Wasted education<br>Celebrating immitation<br>Misplaced admiration<br>Speaking for a generation
    name is britti elizabeth :D
  • I heard you party on the weekends<br>They say you've got a reputation<br>You're a party girl<br>You're nothing like a party girl<br>And then I saw you on the weekend<br>you were the center of attention<br>I'm sorry, girl<br>You're nothing but a party girl
  • 002727<br><br>HISTORY OF PRESENT ILLNESS: Patient is a 73-year-old resection of the right lower lobes squamous cell carcinoma in ___ [DATE] with no radiation or chemotherapy at that time. ___ [NAME] complains of anorexia, a 25-pound weight loss, night sweats, fatigue, frequent low-grade temperatures, and intermittent (chop), right-side abdominal pain. For this he was evaluated on ___ [DATE] an ultrasound which was significant only for mild hepatomegaly. A barium enema showed a 4 cm (Foley) defect in the proximal descending colon, and a bone scan ___ [DATE] showed a T10 lesion, a compression versus a metastasis, and a question of a lesion displacing the bladder to the right and obstructing the left ureteral (calical) system. Patient denies dysuria. Has had mild frequency. No palpitations, no mass, no hematochezia, no hematemesis, or hemoptysis. <br><br>PAST MEDICAL HISTORY: Significant for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, an idiopathic seizure disorder, and a squamous cell carcinoma of the lungs status post pneumonectomy of the right lower lobe. Physical is significant for his pneumonectomy, carpal tunnel release on the left, T&A, and a TURP. He also has had an appendectomy.<br><br>ALLERGIES: HE HAS NO KNOWN DRUG ALLERGIES.<br><br>CURRENT MEDICATIONS: At the time of admission, he was on Theodore 400 mg p.o. b.i.d., (Deleat) 100 mg p.o. b.i.d., Percocet 2 p.o. q. 4h., (Ducolax) p.r.n., Max-Air, atrovent, Azmacort, (Alupent) MDIs 2 puffs q. 4h. p.r.n. 1.5L homo 2. <br><br>SOCIAL HISTORY: Patient has a 60-pack year history, remote, and rarely uses ethanol. <br><br>PHYSICAL EXAMINATION: Blood pressure 98/46, pulse rate 90 regular, (___) 20, and temperature 99.2. <br>GENERAL: An ill-appearing white male in no distress. <br>HEENT: Reveals a (___), normocephalic, atraumatic (prola). Extraocular movements are intact. There was no scleral icterises. Funduscopic exam shows bilateral cataracts, left greater than right. <br>NECK: No JVD, no (HDR/HTRs). Carotids were 0.5/2 bilaterally with diminished upstroke. There was no bruit.<br>PULMONARY: Revealed the fact that he had clear lungs bilaterally, with diminished air spaces on the right. <br>COR: Showed regular in rate and rhythm and (___) was (nondisplaced/nonspaced). A 2/6 (die masheet) murmur heard best at the left sternal border, early peaking, and a positive S4 gallop. <br>ABDOMEN: Was soft and tender in the right upper quadrant to deep palpation, and liver percussed 12 cm in the mid-clavicular lining. Non-palpable spleen. There was a fullness in the left lower quadrant.<br>RECTAL: Showed heme negative bowel stool and a small nontender prostate.<br>EXTREMITIES: Showed no cyanosis. Patient did have clubbing. There was no edema. He had bilateral venous insufficiency. No (captenders), no (homins). <br>NEUROLOGIC: Showed the fact that he was alert and oriented times 3. He had bilateral sensoneural hearing loss, and was otherwised within normal limits. <br><br>LABORATORY FINDINGS: Please see attached flow sheet.<br>CHEST X-RAY: Showed post-op changes on the right lung with significant volume loss. <br><br>(___) ELECTROCARDIOGRAM AT TIME OF ADMISSION: Patient has a sinus tachycardia with a rate of 105 with frequent premature supraventricular complexes, and a left atrial abnormality. There was no evidence of ischemia.<br><br>HOSPITAL COURSE: Patient was admitted to ___ [PLACE] and underwent medical house staff and staff evaluation. Patient had an MRI of the spine on ___ [DATE], which revealed a pressure fracture versus a metastatic lesion at the level of T10, and abdominal ultrasound, which showed no evidence of mass, normal ductal system, and mild hepatomegaly. He underwent a T10 vertebral body biopsy. Results showed benign tissue. Colonoscopy was also performed on ___ [DATE]. Patient had a 6-mm polyp (on a stock) removed at 35 cm. Biopsies were taken and results pending at the time of this dictation. Heart is stable, and he was discharged home. <br><br>FINAL DIAGNOSIS: <br>1. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, 1.5L (homo 2 attendant). <br>2. Degenerative joint disease.<br>3. (Teachers) squamous cell carcinoma of the lung, stage IIIA. Status post right lower lobe lobectomy. <br>4. History of idiopathic seizure disorder.<br>5. Colonic polyp. <br>6. Chronic anemia.<br><br>DISCHARGE MEDICATIONS: <br>1. O2 1.5L (vienese) cannula. <br>2. Theophylline 400 mg p.o. b.i.d. <br>3. Deliant 100 mg p.o. b.i.d<br>4. Percocent 1 tab q. 4h. p.r.n.<br>5. Azamacort.<br>6. Aluped. <br>7. Atrovent MDIs 4 puffs q.i.d. p.r.n.<br>8. (Laxlose) 30 mL q. 2h. p.r.n. <br><br>DISPOSITION AND FOLLOWUP: Patient is to follow up with ___ [NAME] 2 or 3 days after the abdominal CT, which is to be performed on ___ [DATE] in the MRI CT scanning area.<br><br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">my rough copy..</span>
  • <a href="http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n260/ta1nt3d1uv/jelehcar.png"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n260 ... lehcar.png</a><br><br><br><br><br>^^<br>I finally decided to do a siggy :-)
    callmeasinner.png
  • of84f8.png
    DA Account
    53/50 Million by 1.31.10
    I MADE IT!!!
  • 225 agression groom till 11.6 <br><br>LOL
    KENDALLDREAMY.png
  • SweetSoundStudios
  • <span style="font-size: 10pt;">rLHC1jx.gif </span><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">sophierue.png</span><span style="font-size: small;"> </span></div><div><span style="font-size: small;">oh I swear to ya, I'll be there for ya.
    10.31.10 ❤
    </span></div>
  • 10<br><br><br><br><br><br><br> :lol: lol
  • <a href="http://realpresa.com/naga.htm"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">http://realpresa.com/naga.htm</a>;
  • <a href="http://i49.tinypic.com/335b0jb.jpg"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">http://i49.tinypic.com/335b0jb.jpg</a><br><br>Pahahaha.<br>Don't ask. I was fiddling around on Behr and was oohing over those colors, and he wanted to see, so... xD
    "I am carrying all my hatred and contempt for power, its laws, its authority, its society, and I have no room for guilt or fear of punishment."-Diego Rios
    Semper Fi.
  • Technicolor Sunburn w/ Chrome Points<br><br> :o that;s the next dye i'm making xDDD
    robanner_zps46f75ebe.png
  • Lost Season 6 Episode 4 (Part 4 of 5) The Substitute
  • "war cry" presas canarios, aryan molossus, and cao.
  • Theme: <br>Breed(only up to 2 please): <br>Text: <br>Sub Text: <br>Border?: <br>Price: <br>Other:
  • "war cry" presas canarios, aryan molossus, and cao.