Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I repulse Myself

edited April 2009 in General Discussion
she is dying. My sunneh, my baby Gerbil is dying. And I can't do anything about it. I dropped water into her mouth, and tried to get her to eat yogurt. She doesn't even have the strengh for yogurt. Now I am sitting her, with her on my lap. Looking all over Google for anything I can do, and frantically hoping Boz will apear and know some magic word i can say to make her better. I don't think I can compeat in my soccer tournament tomorrow. I hate myself.
dogcot2.png
22/100 mill so far
I <3 Family Force 5!! on the hunt for another sponcer

Comments

• I'm so sorry. :(<br>How old is she? What is she living in? How is she acting? <br>I hope she's able to pull through. <br>Don't blame this on yourself. *hugs*
    Please PM if I win.
    2009_04_27Banner1Heartbeat1.png
    Boz's Art Dump
  • She died last night, at 11:30.<br><br>She was about four months old, living in a 10 gallon tank by herself. She was acting drnk, stumbling around.
    dogcot2.png
    22/100 mill so far
  • <span style="font-size:75"><span style="color:blue">*clings* I'm soooo sorry Doggeh. . . :cry: <br>I know how it feels to loose a pet.<br>Its not your fault at all. .<br>I hope your alright.</span></span>
  • Dogcot wrote:
    She died last night, at 11:30.<br><br>She was about four months old, living in a 10 gallon tank by herself. She was acting drnk, stumbling around.
    <br><br>Only 4 months? I'm sorry. :(<br>Where did you get her? It could have been genetic. Chances are if she was from a pet store she could have been inbred. <br>What sort of bedding were you using? Did she have redness around her nose? Watery eyes? Did you hear a clicking noise when she breathed?<br><br>Just curious, how come she was alone?<br><br><br>RIP Little Girl. :(
    Please PM if I win.
    Boz's Art Dump
  • Boz wrote:
    Dogcot wrote:
    She died last night, at 11:30.<br><br>She was about four months old, living in a 10 gallon tank by herself. She was acting drnk, stumbling around.
    <br><br>Only 4 months? I'm sorry. :(<br>Where did you get her? It could have been genetic. Chances are if she was from a pet store she could have been inbred. <br>What sort of bedding were you using? Did she have redness around her nose? Watery eyes? Did you hear a clicking noise when she breathed?<br><br>Just curious, how come she was alone?<br><br><br>RIP Little Girl. :(
    <br><br><br><br>Where did you get her? PetsMart<br>What sort of bedding were you using? Aspen<br>Did she have redness around her nose? No<br>Watery eyes? A little bit<br>Did you hear a clicking noise when she breathed? No<br>Just curious, how come she was alone? She wasn't a very -friendly- gerbil to other small mamals, and Mango had to be put in a different cage for her own protection from Sunny.
    dogcot2.png
    22/100 mill so far
  • Dogcot wrote:
    Boz wrote:
    Dogcot wrote:
    <br><br><br><br>Where did you get her? PetsMart<br>What sort of bedding were you using? Aspen<br>Did she have redness around her nose? No<br>Watery eyes? A little bit<br>Did you hear a clicking noise when she breathed? No<br>Just curious, how come she was alone? She wasn't a very -friendly- gerbil to other small mamals, and Mango had to be put in a different cage for her own protection from Sunny.
    <br><br>if she was bought a petshop, it seems rather likely that she was inbred, especially if she was exhibiting aggression towards your other pet.<br>I believe I heard something about Aspen being a fairly bad bedding, but it might have been that it was good, and that it ought to be used rather than another type. I would suggest using soft bedding rather than woodchips :] if there were watery eyes you might have wanted to take her to the veterinarian when you first noticed that, as no animal save for those who live in water, should ever have watery or pussing eyes. <br>sorry to hear about your dear little pet : (
    WHITECHRISTMASSIG1.png

(email/msn is now posted, so add me, but make sure to let me know who you are :] )
  • we didn't notice it untill we got home, and by then every vet was closed
    dogcot2.png
    22/100 mill so far
  • I heard petsmart was like a puppy mill and overbreed animals. :? <br><br><br><br>I've seen some "undercover" videos of what they do before they ship them out to the stores. :cry: <br><br><br>I got my lizard from there, she's werid too.<br><br>Anyways sorry to hear that.
    Axel.png
  • rohesia wrote:
    Dogcot wrote:
    Boz wrote:
    Dogcot wrote:
    <br><br>if she was bought a petshop, it seems rather likely that she was inbred, especially if she was exhibiting aggression towards your other pet.<br>I believe I heard something about Aspen being a fairly bad bedding, but it might have been that it was good, and that it ought to be used rather than another type. I would suggest using soft bedding rather than woodchips :] if there were watery eyes you might have wanted to take her to the veterinarian when you first noticed that, as no animal save for those who live in water, should ever have watery or pussing eyes. <br>sorry to hear about your dear little pet : (
    <br><br>Aspen is not bad bedding. It's pine and cedar that are potentially deadly. Aspen does not contain the aromatic oils, which are poisonous, that pine and cedar do. Some gerbils do develop allergies to aspen but it's rare.<br><br>Some people use Carefresh but I don't think it's all that great. In my opinion it's very dusty. <br><br>Eco-bedding is first on my list of preferences but I don't use it. It's higher in price then what I pay for my aspen. I get a bag of aspen that'll last me a year for about $6. Not to be cheap, but I rather pay $6 for about 12 tank cleans then $6 for one clean. :roll:<br><br><br>Petsmart, Petco and many of the big pet stores are not great places to get gerbils. A lot of the pets there go through a lot of stress in the beginning of their life with so much transport and moving. They are transported from who knows where with strange sounds and sights. Then they are dumped into the store only to be bought and moved again creating more stress. Plus they are more then likely inbred. They are bred to make babies, not to better the temperament and overall health of the animal. That's why getting them from a responsible breeder is better. Though, I'd always encourage adopting from a shelter because they need a loving home the most. I rather support my shelter and give a homeless animal a home then buy from a pet store. :wink:<br><br>Again, I'm sorry for your lost. It's more then likely not your fault. I know how you feel though. When my first gerbil died I felt awful. I wasn't even home when she passed either. :(
    Please PM if I win.
    Boz's Art Dump
  • Petsmart, Petco and many of the big pet stores are not great places to get gerbils. A lot of the pets there go through a lot of stress in the beginning of their life with so much transport and moving. They are transported from who knows where with strange sounds and sights. Then they are dumped into the store only to be bought and moved again creating more stress. Plus they are more then likely inbred. They are bred to make babies, not to better the temperament and overall health of the animal. That's why getting them from a responsible breeder is better. Though, I'd always encourage adopting from a shelter because they need a loving home the most. I rather support my shelter and give a homeless animal a home then buy from a pet store.
    <br><br><br>We don't have any gerbil breeders nearby, and I am in the process of trying to convince at least one our local pet shelters (who are both dog/cat only) to take rabbits gerbils hamsters and gunie pigs.
    dogcot2.png
    22/100 mill so far