Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Maximum Ride?

edited March 2009 in General Discussion
Right so, yesterday, I got a bit tired of attempting to ignore the latest craze sweeping literate virtualpups, which is of course, Maximum Ride. So I googled it. <br>Apparently, people are calling it the next Twilight, which actually doesn't really appeal to me. So. I want to know why I should read it? What's it about, what are the major plots and relationships, who are the enemies, and are they human or another species, etc... just basically tell me what's so fantastic about it that has you all fanatically crazed. : D
WHITECHRISTMASSIG1.png

(email/msn is now posted, so add me, but make sure to let me know who you are :] )

Comments

• I just finished the first one. Its not like twilight at all. :|<br><br>The author is a lot better than Stephanie.<br><br>I will let the crazy Maximum Ride people answer these questions. xD
    8x32tt.png
  • I refuse to consider Max the next Twilight.<br><br>First off its written way better, its not mushy romancey books. There are amazing battle/fight scences. Any fluffy romancy is pure amazingness, and doesnt take more then 5 pages off the book per book,except the 5th xD. All the books are amazing but the 4th. The fifth is amazing, I have loved the first 3, and I consider the 2nd and 3rd my favorites, but the fifth is currently stealing the spot to the fangirl in me.<br><br>I love the main character been a strong I don't take crud from anyone personality.<br><br>I have to say James Patterson involves the fans alot in the book, with an offical fansite for the fans to gather, and "talk" with the charcters. With the release of the 5th the website has special events each day, with two chances to win stuff, a copy of the 4th book signed, and some of the orginal manga art pages.
    ccf3ec1cafcdf67c83857705ffcc4d77-d5ztjco.gif
  • well, I think what they mean by : The next Twilight, is in that everyone seems to be reading it (with the exception of me, most of my class mates, and club mates in London, Coventry, and Nottingham) not that it is like the plot at all.
    WHITECHRISTMASSIG1.png

(email/msn is now posted, so add me, but make sure to let me know who you are :] )
  • James Patterson is an -amazing- author. I've read a lot of his other books. He writes adult murder mysteries. =D He's amazing, and I'd really suggest reading his books, be in Max Ride or the mystery books.
    2eldxsm.png
  • James Patterson... I think we've got quite a few of his books. I didn't realise he was the one who wrote those Maximum Ride books.<br><br>I've only heard about these on the internet, I don't think the craze has really hit Australia yet. We're always behind in stuff like this xD
    6y2t1t.gif
  • wait-james patterson wrote this series? he wrote a book like 4-5 years ago called the lakehouse or something like that, and it was about kids with wings. is that what maximum ride is all about? there was a girl named maximum in there too. i accidentaly read it, i was thinking it was going to be like his other books (ie kiss the girls etc). i can remember that orange hardback cover b/c i still see it one of my dad's bookshelves at my parents house when i go there lol.<br><br>whoa, eagles, remember me telling you about lake house when you were going (ahem) to send me the books trueblood was based off of or whatever?<br><br>this has been one of those 'it's a small world' type moments for me :P
    It's just life. You'll get over it.
  • wait-james patterson wrote this series? he wrote a book like 4-5 years ago called the lakehouse or something like that, and it was about kids with wings. is that what maximum ride is all about? there was a girl named maximum in there too. i accidentaly read it, i was thinking it was going to be like his other books (ie kiss the girls etc).
    Maximum Ride came from the lake house and when the wind blows, but they arent the same. The lake house and When the wind blows were written for adults, where Maximum Ride is more for kids and teens.
  • If Maximum Ride is the next Twilight I'm throwing all those books away.<br>-_-<br><br>But, seriously, James Patterson is amazing. ^_^<br>I just read some of the books in the Maximum Ride series, and they are amazing, I absolutely love them <3<br><br>I haven't read the 3-5th books yet, but I'd like too. ^_^<br><br>I seriously wouldn't have read the book had it not been for Jazz or Wheaty. -coughcough-<br>But now that I've read it, I've fallen in love xD<br>I can't put the books down once I start reading them xD<br>Then I get yelled at by my mom! Joy. x]<br><br>But I really think you should check at least the first one out. I think it's called The Angel Experiment. ^_^
    bluehh.
  • Wheaty and I are amazing at convincing people to read these xDD
    2dbtohy.png
  • Jazz wrote:
    Wheaty and I are amazing at convincing people to read these xDD
    Yes xD