Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The End of Raffle Tickets?

edited February 2009 in Game Suggestions
<span style="font-size:75">Well recently alot of novices or other players have been saying how they have Raffle tickets up for sale . They mention how the raffle prize will be a kennel upgrade + 20mill + unmade imports etc. I think to myself , how is this person going to provide this? Then I think How they make each ticket 500k or more . It makes me think if there doing this to scam others . They could say they gave the ticket prize to another account or what not . Meaning they kept the entry money for there own will . <br><br>An old-x friend of mine did this . She told me like it was a joke & funny & made a few mill! Now I am seeing it posted alot on kennels & on BP . I think they should just be banned from VP . <br><br>I have seen trustworthy players have raffles & I'm sure the issue wasn't the same there . Just a suggestion & It really bothers me .</span>
Image21.png

Comments

• I completely agree.<br>I believe that all raffles should have to go through the forum not individual kennels on the game.<br><br>If you want to have a raffle, join the forum, post it here and use one of the number randomizer websites so that you can provide proof of what nubmer won the raffle.<br><br>Just my two cents. :wink:
    Ven.png
  • If you feel a person is scamming, please report them through Orbis Worlds. That way we can keep a watch and make sure the prizes are given. We don't like scammers, but if no one complains, we have to assume the raffle is legit.
    <span style="background-color: rgb(255, 204, 0);">Along for the ride!</span><br>
  • Alabama wrote:
    If you feel a person is scamming, please report them through Orbis Worlds. That way we can keep a watch and make sure the prizes are given. We don't like scammers, but if no one complains, we have to assume the raffle is legit.
    <br><br>But theres always a way that they could lie, Bama. <br>'Oh, I'm sharing this kennel with so and so'<br>or<br>'Do you have proof that I scammed this person'<br><br>Theres always a loophole in things like this and I think that Buffy and Lunar are right.
    "I am carrying all my hatred and contempt for power, its laws, its authority, its society, and I have no room for guilt or fear of punishment."-Diego Rios
    Semper Fi.
  • Alabama wrote:
    If you feel a person is scamming, please report them through Orbis Worlds. That way we can keep a watch and make sure the prizes are given. We don't like scammers, but if no one complains, we have to assume the raffle is legit.
    <br><br><br>My question is: <span style="font-weight:bold">What do you do when the prizes aren't given?</span><br>I've reported something similar to orbis worlds and I always get told that there's nothing you guys can do about it. So what's the point?<br><br><br>I completely agree with Lunar and Buffy.
    194033516766875591.gif
  • Well, we can keep an eye on things and if you feel you've been scammed, we can contact those involved and confirm it's been legit. There are several ways of doing this and I'm not going to tell them in case a scammer is lurking here trying to figure out how to lie to us :wink: <br><br>Raffles in themselves are not scams, even if the holder of the raffle makes money off of them. That's generally what raffles are used for. It's a gamble for all concerned, put out a little money in hopes of gaining more money. When it becomes a scam is when a raffle does not give out the prizes. <br><br>If I held a raffle for 500K per ticket and the prizes were say 5 million, 3 million and 2 million, but 20 million worth of tickets were sold, I get to keep the extra 10 million, as long as I award the winners their prizes. It's legit. If I only sell 5 million worth of tickets, then I lose 5 million in paying the rewards. And it's still legit. If I don't come up with the rewards, then I'm in deep doo doo, though folks may not get their money back, I will be suspended from the game.<br><br>People took a gamble to increase their monies and lost or won, same as if you bet on a dog, just bigger rewards.<br><br>Just because you put in a ticket and nothing came of it, doesn't mean we didn't listen, aren't watching. It probably means the raffle is on the up and up and there was no scamming or no proof there is scamming going on, yet.
    <span style="background-color: rgb(255, 204, 0);">Along for the ride!</span><br>
  • I asked the person who is doing the sponsor raffle and the sponsor is unmade. Not even the novice account has been made that will be upgraded!
    Sweatshirts - the best way of showing school spirit without getting off the couch
  • And because the person is waiting until they have winner to have them create the account or to upgrade their own existing account, it makes them a scammer? <br><br>If I win an unmade upgrade, I would prefer the account to have the name I've chosen or to upgrade an already existing account. This doesn't prove they are a scammer. In fact, until the raffle is complete, there's no way to prove they are attempting to scam. But, because someone has reported, we are watching.
  • My question still hasn't been completely answered. <br>What do you do when the prizes aren't given out and it's just a scam?<br>Ban the user, sure. But what about the people that entered?
    194033516766875591.gif
  • Well, the people will have to come forward with proof that they bought the tickets and if the money is still in the accounts, it will be returned to them. But, there has to be proof, such as a message to/from the raffle holder that the tickets were bought.