Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Clothing and Brands

2»

Comments

• Everyone has their own style. My parents don't have a lot of money, just like my other friends. If we want new converse, we meet up at the mall and spend OUR money to get new shoes, or whatever. While the other "populars" go to their parents "Daddy can I have 50 bucks?" and the dad replies: "Sure honey go have fun." While I grab my wallet and go with my friends. here's a normal conversation with my parents if I ask for money.<br><br>Me: "Dad can I borrow 15 bucks?"<br>Dad: "What for?"<br>Me: "Uh, well, my friends and I are heading to the mall and I was thinking of getting this new CD."<br>Dad: "You can wait to get the CD. And if you can't wait, use your own money!"<br><br><br>-End of conversation-
    '<br><br><br>My parents do have the money, and i am spoiled, but now i'm growing up and they are telling me to use my own money and trying to teach me to manage my money. thank god for christmas money! :]
    2zizs00.png
  • Oh, here's another thing...<br><br>Borrowing clothes. I have phys ed. with 5 of the "populars" and everyday without fail, one girl always ask the other "Can I borrow your jeans?" she borrows them and the next week a fight breaks out because she never bought them back, or they're stained, or whatever. If you've got your own jeans, why borrow a friends? Ok, i admit I often swap hoodies for a while with my friends, but I've always gotten them back in better condition then I gave it to them.
    robanner_zps46f75ebe.png
  • ya Christmas money is a must for me, I get $2 an allowance a week, that's it, but I'm really not allowed to ask for money.
    robanner_zps46f75ebe.png
  • i get 5 bucks a week. :/ it helps, i save like two dollars, and spend three bucks on a starbucks once a week. :] i can't live without starbucks. lol. but other than that, i depend on myself for money. like i really wanted this book, and my mom said i had to save, so i planned to use my christmas money on it. i actually bought ALOT of books. XD
    2zizs00.png
  • i was gonna spend my money on new converse high tops (mine ripped :cry: ) today, but dad isnt feeling good, I'm not feeling good, and I have softball tonight, plus i'm currently not able to drive myself.
    robanner_zps46f75ebe.png
  • Kazuko wrote:
    As I've said before:<br><br>"Why the hell do you want to pay a ton of money to look just as crappy and stuck up as everyone else?"
    <br>Amen!
    "I am carrying all my hatred and contempt for power, its laws, its authority, its society, and I have no room for guilt or fear of punishment."-Diego Rios
    Semper Fi.
  • ya Christmas money is a must for me, I get $2 an allowance a week, that's it, but I'm really not allowed to ask for money.
    yes. I'm not allowed either.
    Sweatshirts - the best way of showing school spirit without getting off the couch
  • I don't get allowance, but if I do the dishes or clean at my dad's house I get money. Usually $5. But I got a lot of Christmas money to spend too. ;D
  • OP, I used to live near West Edmonton Mall and go there a lot with my friend. One time I had a bunch of money I just earned, so I wanted to go shopping........ and I spent the day there, and couldn't find NOTHING. It was either too expensive for nothing, or everything was size 0-­½ , seriously. Unless you're super skinny and super rich, West Ed is good for nothing more than puking up hot dogs on the Mindbender and walking around looking at everything.
    "war cry" presas canarios, aryan molossus, and cao.
  • zoe you must be around my age, but i got my first pair of doc martens in eighth grade, and the more you wear them, the more they just mold to your foot. that was when i ate and slept nirvana lmao. i remember spray painting them w/silver glitter paint and getting my ass kicked by my dad. i haven't worn them since tenth grade, but i do still have them. <br><br>i think that w/clothes (and everything else) moderation is the key. my parents used to spend a ton of money on ralph lauren/hilfiger (in my day that was what was popular) crap for my brother and i, and i didn't even like the clothes.<br>i can't stress how much i love shopping at GOODWILL. i have a shirt from po folks right now that's my favorite. it cost like... 2.50. other people's trash is always my treasure. and you can find all those namebrands there too, and they're already worn in for you!<br><br>ohh another fun thing to do is to buy tshirts and iron on letters and make your own shirt. like if someone calls you a dingleberry, show up the next day w/a custom shirt that says 'i'm a dingleberry' on it. lmao good times, good times.<br><br>yeah, not even sure what the topic of this thread was, something about clothes.
    It's just life. You'll get over it.
  • I live in Los Angeles....Naturally, with all the people that can afford it, everyone has marc jacobs and sevens and LIVES in Urban Outfitters and boutiques. Here, Hollister and Abercrombie are totally passe. It's really crazy xD Everyone has Converse and Vans here, and I'm kinda curious to hear what "populars" wear other places....
  • oh i love my converse. best things eva! Populars around here wear Abercrombie, Hollister, Aeorpostal, etc.etc.etc. I will admit I have an aeropostal bag, BUT it was a gift from my friend and her older sister gave it to her.
    robanner_zps46f75ebe.png
  • I must say, I do wear brand names... but not for "fitting in".<br><br>It's hard for me to find clothes that fit me, because I am very slender in the waist/hips, have extraordinarily long legs and arms, and have a short body.<br><br>Brand names, even though they are expensive, are very well made, last, and well, fit me.<br><br>I can't waltz into wal-mart and grab a shirt, becuase;<br><br>A) If it fits in the sleeves, it's too baggy for my mom's taste (she likes me to look neat, but I can wear pretty much whatever) or too long in the body<br><br>B) If it fits in the body, usually the sleeves are too short.<br><br>C) Same for jeans, if its long enough, its too baggy, tight-enough, and they are too short.<br><br>Brand names have multiple varitions on sizes usually, moreso than Wal-mart or another store. They have plain sizes (2, 5, 100, etc), they have lengths (Long/short), width (slim/regular/plus) and much more of a selection of cuts (Bootleg, skinny, flare, straight), and different rises (super low/low/regular/high). And those are just for pants! They also make their sleeves longer, IMO<br><br>But this doesn't mean I don't buy cheap stuff when it fits. I can go to winners and find stuff there sometimes, rarely wal-mart, when I'm in the states, occasionally Good Will, and JC penny.
    scdoar.gifNSHC3.png
    ebony1.png
  • I have the same problem... And places like walmart are to cheap to thing of making variations on sizing :roll: