Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Clothing and Brands

edited January 2009 in Vent
What I hate is when people ask me where I get my clothes from. Let me lay this down for the people of VP. I GET MY CLOTHES FROM CONSIGNMENT SALES. IF I'm lucky, WAL- MART!!! I don't go to Holliester, Abercrombe, American Eagle, Limited Too, not even Belk. I don't have $40 for a Tee that has Abercrombe over the chest. That's called advertising and you pay $50 just to advertise for that company. I absolutely hate it that to fit in I must pay $50 to advertise. This drives me insaine. Anyone else feel this way?
Sweatshirts - the best way of showing school spirit without getting off the couch

Comments

• Pepper97 wrote:
    What I hate is when people ask me where I get my clothes from. Let me lay this down for the people of VP. I GET MY CLOTHES FROM CONSIGNMENT SALES. IF I'm lucky, WAL- MART!!! I don't go to Holliester, Abercrombe, American Eagle, Limited Too, not even Belk. I don't have $40 for a Tee that has Abercrombe over the chest. That's called advertising and you pay $50 just to advertise for that company. I absolutely hate it that to fit in I must pay $50 to advertise. This drives me insaine. Anyone else feel this way?
    <br><br>I have felt this way, also D:<br><br>I now shop ALOT at American Eagle, however, I don't get everything there. All I have is a few nice shirts, jeans, sweats.. all that I basically got for Christmas :3 And from my money (that is, when I have enough >.<).<br><br>Most of my jeans are from Belks or JC Pennies. But whatever. I really don't care what I wear, as long there is something on me, looks neat... then i'm fine xP<br><br>but heh, I know how you feel :/
    r0oal1.png
  • I feel the same way. I buy all my clothes from goodwill, walmart, friends, and khols for my school clothes. I find it quite ridiculous to pay 45 bucks for one shirt. Yes, they are nice quality. Oh well. <br><br>I really don't care, I feel good in my clothes, and others who have to wear lables are usually just trying to fit in.
    sappeh-1.png
  • What's the matter with people asking where you get your clothes from? xD You should be glad people like them! Stand proud for your wears <span style="font-size:75">(Unless of course they're trying to down you, then just ignore)</span>! ;P<br><br>I shop where ever I can find a good sale. xD I found these <span style="font-style:italic">cute</span> sweaters at this dollar store! <span style="font-size:75">(too cheep to talk about? Heh... sorry, but they were cute! x3)</span> <br><br>One of my friends LOVE Aero. I personally feel the same way you do about paying 40 dollars to promote a brand of clothes <span style="font-size:75">(but they did have a sale this Christmas on boxers! 5$! How could I pass up a perfect gift for all the males in my family?! xD)</span>. <br><br>I do own a few name brand clothes--most, but not all, given to me from friends. ^^ Most of the name brand clothes are really durable though and cute, but I have nothing against shopping at a thrift store, all depends on the quality of the clothes and how much I have to spend in my pocket. <br><br>I've never taken offense when someone's asked me where I've gotten my clothes, I just point them in the direction and sale. ^^
    Birds-1.gif
  • I enjoy Aero too. They're clothes are super cute, but I don't go in ever. I see my friends wear the stuff.<br><br>The ppls ask it in a bad way. I told them up straight though. xD
    Sweatshirts - the best way of showing school spirit without getting off the couch
  • Ugh, How do I lothe this? For some reson, everyone loves those shirts, all they are is a sweaters with a logo. What do you get if you remove the logo? I plan old shirt. It's over priced crap that no accually needs. My family is pretty well off, and we could afford that junk if I wanted it, but seriously, I think I have an individual mind.<br><br><br>I couldn't agree with you more.
    Click here to visit my deviantart
    "237mill/300mill" "80/100 Gifties"
  • I'm personal an Aero addict :3<br><br>I earn my own money && I spend it as I please.I just hate seeing people who don't work for it.<br><br>i have everything that I think is cute.Their boots are smexy xD
    1zoyc21.jpg
  • Dear god.<br><br>I cannot stand any of those listed stores. Why? Because its overpriced, stupid, and clearly fitting in.<br><br>I've always earned my own money because my family is -broke-. I save up for what I want, not what I think is cute and I -rarely- 'bingespend' on things I dont need.<br>I needed an extra blanket for my bed. Well, we went to Khols today, and I found a microfiber blanket, originally 45 dollars, on sale for 12.<br>My clothes? Hot Topic. Another expensive store, yes, but not as expensive as any of those stores like Aero and all. I can buy several shirts for $50 at Aero for one shirt.<br>My friend and I wear the same size. We switch pants, and she gives me some, I give her some, so I'm good on jeans.<br><br>I own one pair of slacks, no skirts whatsoever, and one dress. I rob my mother of her shoes sometimes because we both wear the same size and I love her shoes o_o<br>Other than that, I got Converse for Christmas, and I bought a pair of VANS and a pair of Sketchers, and some Rainbows. I have a pair of knock-off Sperry's from last year that still fit, though I don't wear them.<br><br>So. What the hell is the point in paying 100 dollars for two things from Aero or Hollister or Abercrombie when you can save for what you actually need? :3
    "I am carrying all my hatred and contempt for power, its laws, its authority, its society, and I have no room for guilt or fear of punishment."-Diego Rios
    Semper Fi.
  • So. What the hell is the point in paying 100 dollars for two things from Aero or Hollister or Abercrombie when you can save for what you actually need? :3
    <br>Pfft, isn't it obvious?! Cause a person wants to buy Aero/Hollister/Aber! xD <br>When people have their own money to spend on whatever they want <span style="font-size:75">(whether it's what they need or not)</span> OR they have other people willing to buy their clothes/give them money for whatever, pssh, they buy what they want. xD <br><br>I see name brand clothes as the tablets of the world: some people'd pay 100+ dollars for a tablet while others would think those people were crazy when there's that old fashioned paper and scanner laying around. ;P <br>Or! Buying a book when there's a wonderful library down the road. <br><br>People like to buy things even when they don't need them because, (a) the item's fun, (b) it's cute, or (c) they have nothing better to do. ;P <br><br>To each their own. xD
    Birds-1.gif
  • Same thing is happening with Uggs. Um...they cost $160 bucks! Go to K-mart and get the SAME things for a cheaper price of like $30-$50. Just because they don't have the UGG patch doesn't mean they are cheap or ugly. THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME!!!
    of84f8.png
    DA Account
    53/50 Million by 1.31.10
    I MADE IT!!!
  • Umm...<br>can I just say I love my designer brands? xDD<br>Like..<br>Seven for all mankind..<br>Citizens of Humanity..<br>Holli..<br>Aber..<br>American Eagle...<br>H&M...<br>True Religion...<br>....<br>Marc Jacobs...<br>o_o;<br>-runs away before she gets chased down-
    bluehh.
  • I love name brand clothes. D; <br>I would love to spend a couple hundred on a really nice D&G or Coach purse or sunglasses! =P But for me I have kids that get all my money. xD <br>My kids get some walmart clothes. Although lately walmart has had crap kid clothes. D; Most of there clothes come from JCPenneys or Old Navy. My kids are like tiny. So most walmart clothes don't fit them the right way. :/
    skizzy.png
  • Can I just say my aunty is a designer, my mommy absolutely loves shopping, so that is why I have been influnced? x]<br><br>I umm.. yeah. Have Vans, Converese.<br><br>Have some VZ sunglasses from Metropark. xD<br><br>o_o;
    bluehh.
  • I love them all too, I got a Coach handbag for my birthday, and my friend got a Michael Kors handbag for Christmas ( the guy from Project Runway, if any of you watch that :D) I confess I am a shopping freak, and my friends and I almost HAVE to spend 4 hours or so at the mall shopping. I love to shop at everywhere BlueIsis said above (and all the brands), plus pink, Aerie and PacSun and wherever else XP<br><br>But I do still shop at Kohls, Target, Old Navy. I don't see them as bad stores, but I just like a variety of things ;]<br><br>-runs-
    or1mxd.jpg
    I had my first Grapple! 1/2/09
  • I shop at a big variety. Most of my jeans come from JC Pennys or Kohls, and most of my shirts are from Aerocrombie, Hollister, and American Eagle. <br><br>I don't buy it because of the brand or to fit in, I wear it because I like the cut, the color, the style, etc. I often go to the "not quite perfect" or clearance areas. Most of the shirts I have gotten at these stores are $8-20. The most I have ever spent on a shirt is $30, and that was at Old Navy. <br><br>My mom's policy is that she will buy me the clothes I need, but she will only pay for it from one of the brand name stores if we cannot find a cheaper, nearly equivalent shirt at another store.<br><br>I am not a big accessory or shoe person... I have one formal purse (handmade, btw) otherwise I just use my pocket. Sunglasses from the dollar store, xD. The only shoes I wear are flip-flops in the summer and tennis shoes the rest of the year.<br><br>-Rosy
  • okay, i'm not FAT that much i don't think, i weigh 85 pounds and i'm **edited** and in **edited** grade. is that fat? not extremely... but i think abercrombie and hollister is cheap quality too. and meant only for skinny girls. and my friend who is heavier than me, tried to put on her abercrombie shirt, and it ripped, while also ripping at her heart. it's basically a piece of clothing calling us fat and making the skinny girls look excessively skinny. not fun. American Eagle, is not THAT much better prices. Better quality though, and a little cheaper. AND YOU DONT HAVE ANNOYING BOOMING MUSIC IN THE STORE OR NAKED GUYS ON THE WALL. you have people having fun on the wall(: I like american eagle much more.<br><br>**While age is somewhat necessary for this topic,that does not excuse the personal information rules. It would be better to ask was the normal weight was for early teens along with your height ~Alabama**
    2zizs00.png
  • Also, I know they are totally expensive, but... GUILTY! <br><br>CONVERSE;;;;;;; <3 i have had a pair since i was a baby and it's kinda my thing... D: Guilty. I know. It's like, my family can afford it, but i wear my own stuff, and don't care if people call it emo, preppy, ugly, pretty, or whatever.
    2zizs00.png
  • Pepper97 wrote:
    <br><br>I feel this way all the time. <br>I stopped buying "advertising" tee's four years ago.<br>There's no point in them. It's not even cute anymore. -.-
  • <span style="font-size:92">Meh. I hate how some people think shopping at thrift stores is gross. >.> </span>
  • I've caught some of the "populars" at my school talking about what my friends and I wear. I hang out with a group of about 10 people. we have our own "style"... converse, hoodies, jeans, tees, and crazy stuff thats just all our own! I'm sick of hearing from the "popular" people. "Ew, look at what they're wearing, and what's up with the stupid converse?" I would love to say back .... "Hey look at what THEY'RE wearing, those way-to-tight jeans and way-to-tight shirts!" :evil: RAWR!
    robanner_zps46f75ebe.png
  • I've caught some of the "populars" at my school talking about what my friends and I wear. I hang out with a group of about 10 people. we have our own "style"... converse, hoodies, jeans, tees, and crazy stuff thats just all our own! I'm sick of hearing from the "popular" people. "Ew, look at what they're wearing, and what's up with the stupid converse?" I would love to say back .... "Hey look at what THEY'RE wearing, those way-to-tight jeans and way-to-tight shirts!" :evil: RAWR!
    <br><br>Amen!<br><br>Also, I get called 'poser' a lot. <br><br>Skinny jeans? Anyone know where they originated from?<br><br>1980's hair rock/heavy metal/hard rock bands like Metallica, Poison, the Cure, the Cult... ect.<br><br>I guess I'm borderlining punk/grunge? I dont know. I dress according to how I feel -shrug-
    "I am carrying all my hatred and contempt for power, its laws, its authority, its society, and I have no room for guilt or fear of punishment."-Diego Rios
    Semper Fi.
  • As I've said before:<br><br>"Why the hell do you want to pay a ton of money to look just as crappy and stuck up as everyone else?"
    2eldxsm.png
  • Everyone doesn't buy clothes like that just to fit in. xD <br>Some people actually like them and have the money it takes to buy them. <br><br>And I've known people that have dressed like the popular people in my school without trying/wanting to fit in. I learned from them that it's not what you wear that makes people talk about you, it's either you or the person that's talking about you at fault. You could be wearing the best set of clothes on earth and if people don't like you, they'd still find ways to talk about you. x3 That's why it's really useless to get angry when you see people wearing clothes that they want to spend money on.
    Birds-1.gif
  • My only point is that a LOT of those clothing stores that are super expensive have really generic, usually badly made, clothing.<br><br>I can see spending a lot of money on a really cool looking shirt, but not on something that you can make yourself using a plain white tee-shirt and an iron-on printout of a logo.
    2eldxsm.png
  • I absouloutly hate it when people brag about what they are wearing, I know some girls who all they do at lunch is talk about how much the clothes they are wearing add up to. And gawsh it gets to like 500$!!! They have like "Juicy" jackets on, Uggs, designer jeans and like a 50$ headband!! I have my 20$ jeans, my Fake uggs, and my jackets from Target! And I still look just as good as them!
    dragonimage_16924_304_pixel.gif
    Clickey Please!

Yolk.png
  • I-Know-Exactly-How-You-All-Feel<br><br>Theres this person in my class, when whenever we get to wear home clothes to school (we wear a uniform -lame) or we got out she wears the same abercormbie jumper. shes has it for years, and its too small. it drives me insane. shes not the popular type, shes the clever one, which is all sweet and ect. in front of the teachers, and is mean and stuff behind their backs. im not american, so i dont go to wall-mart or whatever, but if i was, i would. why should anyone pay $50 for a top that lasts like a few months, and goes all wierd in the wash? i get stuff for like $3 that last and looks better that all the designer stuff, what the difference? a label! i dont own one bit of designer clothing, and im happy for it :) <br><br>and Juke, dont worry what you look like, people are the way they are for a reason :) its not that great being skinny, im short and skinny, and i hate it. theres a person 4 grades below me that spread this rumour that i dont eat. i do - and alot of junk stuff :) like all their year, and loads of other people were like 'your anerexic' to me. honestly, you dont want to be skinny. but i fixed it :twisted:
    Coldplay4.jpg

Please PM me if I win anything.
    - Reached 9x4 Tibetan Terriers & 9x4 Kashmiri Sheepdogs.
    Want help with graphics making? Just PM me!
    6/40
  • I have had designer things last forever. xD So saying they don't last long is so not true. <br>For example Dr. Marten boots were the big thing when I was in school. Of course I wanted a pair so bad in high school. My mom paid the 170 dollars and got them for me for Christmas my freshman year. I still have them to this day. I still wear them. Nothing at all wrong with them. I love those shoes. And lets see they are almost 10 years old. xD
    skizzy.png
  • xD Cool.
    <br><br>Amen!<br><br>Also, I get called 'poser' a lot. <br><br>Skinny jeans? Anyone know where they originated from?<br><br>1980's hair rock/heavy metal/hard rock bands like Metallica, Poison, the Cure, the Cult... ect.<br><br>I guess I'm borderlining punk/grunge? I dont know. I dress according to how I feel -shrug-
    <br><br>that's exactly my style too, and if i were the "popular" people, i would say "wow, that outfit is awesome. :]
    2zizs00.png
  • Everyone has their own style. My parents don't have a lot of money, just like my other friends. If we want new converse, we meet up at the mall and spend OUR money to get new shoes, or whatever. While the other "populars" go to their parents "Daddy can I have 50 bucks?" and the dad replies: "Sure honey go have fun." While I grab my wallet and go with my friends. here's a normal conversation with my parents if I ask for money.<br><br>Me: "Dad can I borrow 15 bucks?"<br>Dad: "What for?"<br>Me: "Uh, well, my friends and I are heading to the mall and I was thinking of getting this new CD."<br>Dad: "You can wait to get the CD. And if you can't wait, use your own money!"<br><br><br>-End of conversation-
    robanner_zps46f75ebe.png
  • Amen. xD If I ask for money, I get pummeled into pebbles. O.O With words. Even worse. xD My dad went off the other day when I said that I wanted another frog. >.>