Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Purchasing VPC

edited January 2009 in Game Suggestions
Okay, we can buy Breeds, Kennels, Colors, and imports, so why not VPC?<br>It would go through the same Paypal/Snailmail format as the others. It could be like 1 RLD= 3mill VPC or somthing along that line
dogcot2.png
22/100 mill so far
I <3 Family Force 5!! on the hunt for another sponcer

Comments

• <span style="font-size:75"><span style="font-weight:bold">-Hmmm-<br><br>I think it should only be 2 mill per dollar?<br><br>I don't know.<br><br>But it'd be cool; even though I wouldn't buy.</span></span>
  • Sounds cool
    of84f8.png
    DA Account
    53/50 Million by 1.31.10
    I MADE IT!!!
  • Hmmm... I'm not sure about this. It would give yet another advantage to those who have RL money and can spend it online. Also in game inflation would go way up. And no skill, hardwork, or patience is required to get a huge fortune, which doesn't seem right. Finally, I think plenty of people would sell their VPC for rl money, so it doesn't need to be offered through the game.<br><br>Just my 2 cents, good idea though.<br>-Rosy
  • I agree with rosy. People with rl vpc already have enough of an advantage.
    8x32tt.png
  • Same here. <br><br>There are quite a few people who will sell their VPC for Rl cash.<br><br>Ask buffers :lol:
    Ven.png
  • Well, maybe the cashe you can get should be limited?
    of84f8.png
    DA Account
    53/50 Million by 1.31.10
    I MADE IT!!!
  • Buffy wrote:
    <br><br>Ask buffers :lol:
    <br><br>Does Buffers wanna sell Doggeh some VPC?<br><br>If so, pm meh
    dogcot2.png
    22/100 mill so far
  • I don't like this idea, it would be unfair to people who don't have the money and there wouldn't be any work going into it
    2i9penq.jpg
  • And how is the Buy your own breed fair to people? Dyes? Imports? Sponcer? It would be as fair as anything else you could buy.
    dogcot2.png
    22/100 mill so far
  • Not many players can afford the breeds first off.<br><br>As for the others..you can buy those with vpc. You can't have someone buy you vpc and you pay with vpc.
    8x32tt.png
  • <span style="font-size:75">What VP is doing, and what this would do, is take away the challenge. Who <span style="font-style:italic">cares</span> about the personal breeds? I really don't see a point in it. What many a player do with a breed they're passionate about is train up and/or release/retire bad statted dogs, aim for 10x4s. What personal breeds do is add more confusion and less challenge. Sponsors and dyes have and do support VP. With them, there would be no VP. Trust me, if VP ran purely on donations as a totally free game, it wouldn't be here today. <br><br>VPC is one of the only things now on this game you can earn for yourself.</span>
    2mhssbd.png
  • true and u can still buy vpc....if you look around people will sell it to you on ebay....its just sad....
  • The sale of cash through the game cannot be done legally according the Nef, the game owner. If she were to start offering the ability to sell VPC for real money, she would fall under various gambling laws since you can bet on dogs.<br><br>Believe me, she would like to do it since it would make her money, but legal advice is against it.
    <span style="background-color: rgb(255, 204, 0);">Along for the ride!</span><br>
  • lol what's so sad about buying vpc through ebay? how is it any different than spending 59.99 and up on a video game? or spending rl money on anything you want and don't need? if you can afford it, it's your perogative.
    It's just life. You'll get over it.
  • lol what's so sad about buying vpc through ebay? how is it any different than spending 59.99 and up on a video game? or spending rl money on anything you want and don't need? if you can afford it, it's your perogative.
    <br><br>Agreed there :wink: <br><br>Buffy sells cash... and trades cash for things.<br><br>Nutty knows lol
    Ven.png
  • oh guys im sorry.... i am tired and posting random nonsense, im really sorry... :lol:
  • <span style="font-size:75">In theory this might work, but I defiantly would say no on this one. <br><br>I remember when I started playing this game in 2006, when prices weren't so inflated. A sponsor upgrade could cost you up to 30 mil <br>playcash, and now your lucky to pay that for a dye. A nice banner cost maybe 100-200k. And that was because people didn't have the huge <br>amounts of playcash that they do now. <br><br>Anyway, with that in mind, I think that this would only further the inflation of prices on VP. Because instead of earning cash, people would simply <br>buy it to become rich. This would be a great way for Nef to make some money, but it wouldn't be good for game play. I think this mainly would <br>cause people to stop joining the game when they only have 50k and many players have 100mil or more. It seems a bit intimidating. <br><br>That's my two cents.<br>*Pops out*</span>
  • i agree about the inflation. i've only been playing since march 08, but even back then prices were still half of what they are now. <br><br>i think one of the best ways to keep inflation at bay is to simply not pay 80-125 for an upgrade. don't pay 40m for a dye. either the seller will cancel the auction (rare b/c they want the money) or accept a lower selling price.<br><br>fortunately, there are still a few nice people out there that have a lot of vpc, but still charge cheaper prices than everyone.
    It's just life. You'll get over it.
  • Buffy wrote:
    lol what's so sad about buying vpc through ebay? how is it any different than spending 59.99 and up on a video game? or spending rl money on anything you want and don't need? if you can afford it, it's your perogative.
    <br><br>Agreed there :wink: <br><br>Buffy sells cash... and trades cash for things.<br><br>Nutty knows lol
    <br>mitzi knows too,lol<br>and i agree if it were availible to buy,it would take away from hard work of alot of players,for example Tarnish rescueing gifties to earn money,legit,now me i can sell kennels,dyes,off site items,and raise a quick 100 mil,but alot of players spend hours rescueing,training,etc,as for these new breeds,if you like idea it is goal to work to and as mentioned you can usually find someone to buy for vpc :?
    wereback.png

MITZI
  • I don't really like this idea because then if you can buy VPC, there isn't really anymore thrill in the game. Because you don't save up money by earning it with hard work.
    Please PM if I win anything.
  • I think that the problem with inflation is the generated playcash - as long as playcash is being generated through events, new kennels, etc, we HAVE to expect a little inflation, since once money is in circulation it's hard to get it out, unless the game ops offer things for vpc to try to decrease the amount in circulation, and that would be a terribly delicate balance.
    seaoats_insanityban.png
  • Alabama wrote:
    The sale of cash through the game cannot be done legally according the Nef, the game owner. If she were to start offering the ability to sell VPC for real money, she would fall under various gambling laws since you can bet on dogs.<br><br>Believe me, she would like to do it since it would make her money, but legal advice is against it.
    <br><br>Just in case anyone missed it ;D It's not going to happen, regardless of inflation or what have you
    <span style="background-color: rgb(255, 204, 0);">Along for the ride!</span><br>
  • <span style="font-size:75">Or you could just sell an upgrade, dye, or breed<br><br>Thats pretty much the same as buying VCP, isnt it?</span>